Thread: Outed by 3 year old?

Outed by 3 year old?

I live with my supportive wife and our adult daughter who has no idea that I crossdress. Well maybe. The other day we were on the front porch with the daughter, daughter-in-law, and her 3 year old daughter. The grandchild appears with a toy "magic wand" taps me and says "abbwa cadabbwa, make gwandpa a pwincess". As cute as it was my wife and I noticed an obvious sly little smirk between the daughter and daughter-in-law just before everyone started to laugh. Does this sound like a "tell" on thier part that they suspect something? My dilemma is that I am not only terrified, but also excited that they might know. Any thoughts?

Wow, that would scare me too. Perhaps it's just an innocent comment, toddlers that age tend to do that. I had a similar experience with my cousin's 4 year old who couldn't possibly ever seen me dressed

I wasn't trying to imply the grandaughter has ever seen me dressed but that the daughter and daughter-in-law have reasons to be suspicious.

Gosh, that's even scarier if you want to stay closeted

Well, quite apart from the consternation it caused you, that's such a cute story...

Mitzi

Scary but sweet. Only time will tell, eventually they will let something more concrete slip. Trying to stay hidden is so hard, small slips, gestures etc., that you don't notice can build up to a give away. It sounds as tough if they suspect it will all come out naturally. Good luck.

Alicia
    Ali Cats Creameries

Home is where the cream is.
    I was born into a life of cream.
    Cream is Forever.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassiemarie View Post
    I wasn't trying to imply the grandaughter has ever seen me dressed but that the daughter and daughter-in-law have reasons to be suspicious.
    The best thing you have going for you is your supportive wife! Maybe it is time to tell your daughter and daughter -in-law!

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    ah thats cute. Tell those two about it and then go change, telling the youngster that her magic spell worked. I bet she would be gleamming with a smile
    Drumming, My other hobby

Damn, I can't beat a three year old.

But I've just moved in with my friend at weekends and thought I'd test the neighbourhood.

I'm walking down the street and there are some kids playing. I think nothing of it and walk further on.

Shortly I hear tiny footsteps behind me and turn round. A cute little girl, I suspect about six, is looking at me with interest.

"You're a boy, aren't you" she said

I winked and put my finger to my lips.
    "sssshhh, don't tell anybody".

I carried on walking but was close enough to hear
    "I've told someone" coming from behind me,

Ha-ha
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Wow but I would not take that the wrong way, sounds pretty cool. From an innocent kids perspective it sounds like the child wants you to be happy.

I was wearing my short shorts around the house and they are a bit cut at the seams for flare, and my daughter said "Daddy you look like you are wearing a skirt"......and every time it got warm "Daddy go put your skirt on"....

I just smile, I'm going to raise her so that this is how I am, not hide it entirely....
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Hard to call that one

It is possible that they suspect; but then again; they may have just found the whole event to be funny, but didn't want to embarrass you or the child. Unless both you and your wife are ready for all that comes with coming out to family; I would just pay close attention to the details. They will let it slip some more if they actually do know or suspect anything.

Hugs

Nicole

What's there to be afraid of Princess?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

The way I take you cute little story. is if you and your wife both seen the obvious little smirk between your daughter and daughter in law. I think they already know or at least suspect. If there was a eye contact between them, when they were smiling, I would guess that they have already talk about this sometime before. To stop and think about it, they would have to be close friend to share this kind of information. I wouldn’t think that your daughter would talk to someone about something like this with a stranger.
    What to do? Well take all the time you need. If you do nothing then nothing will happen. Everyone will pretend it isn’t real, and save face. On the other hand, telling and risk everything includes getter closer to them or something worse.
    Luckily you have your wife’s input, and together I am sure you will find what is right for both of you.

To bad the magic wand didn’t work we could all past it around this room.

Awww Cassiemarie that is such a sweet story. Does make you wonder though if they suspect anything when you see the knowing smiles doesn't it. But hey look on the bright side if they do suspect they obviously haven got a problem with it otherwise you'de know about it.
    Take care
    bev

Smile Happened twice in one day

[SIZE="3"]I was read by some kids twice on Saturday and at different times. They know somehow so I ride along with it.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Cute. The 3 year old thinks everyone wants to be a princess because she does. Wait until she is 4 when she knows that boys want to be spiderman and then she will tease you and laugh loudly about it. :-)

Banned Read only
    Scarey but also makes you wonder. I get that way sometimes too, I mean I am guilty so that makes me on guard all the time even over the smalliest of things . I am sure that it was nothing more than a cute story.

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    I wore female wigs for 8 years before I transitioned overnight.

I was teaching 5yrs and up to 99 wearing them. I was walking through a preschool classroom one day before my transition and one of the boys about 4 asked me if I was a boy or a girl.
    At that time I still thought I was a boy. Was I ever wrong.

Then about a month ago I was passing a kid about 5 in the apt yard and she said you look like a man (no one else thinks so!!) i told her, well the reason is that I once was a man.
    That satisfied her.
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]