Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I spotted a crossdresser!

I spotted a crossdresser!

I was at a liquor store a couple of days ago and noticed a quite lovely lady in the next lineup.
    I had been thinking to myself how much fun it would be to shop for a bottle en femme, or I probably would not have noticed this lady's adams apple.

Wow! She passed with flying colours!

She also noticed my gaze, and knowing that uncomfortable feeling of being 'made', I smiled and gave her a 'thumbs up', ...and could see the look of relief and appreciation on her face.

Have any of you had a similar experience?

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Not yet, owing to where I live, but my CDar is always on... When I finally do spot a sister I will also give her a big !
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

I work at an italian restaurant. Two different CD's have come in within the last few months.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    yep. I was at a Halloween party and notice one. I said she looked great and she said thanks, but I am a guy. I told her that I kind of figured and that it was nothing that stood out, just something one CD to another would notice, like some of the little tricks we use to hide the "apple", and make up. She looked at me and asked way I was not dressed and I told he what had happened the last time I went to a gig dressed ( That story is here )
    Drumming, My other hobby

Have you ever thought that that particular person might not want the from any one? she might just want to go on about her business and not have people showing her that she's been noticed. Just think how you would feel if this happened to you.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Have you ever thought that that particular person might not want the from any one? she might just want to go on about her business and not have people showing her that she's been noticed. Just think how you would feel if this happened to you.
    I'd be ecstatic to receive positive feedback from another CDer, or anyone else for that matter as long as it is discrete. A smile and thumbs up falls into the "discrete" category. Many of us need a little reinforcement from a sister, or even from someone who is only an "admirer" (as long as it doesn't turn into an unwanted hit).
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    I understand where your coming from on this, but personally, I'd be delighted if another CD were to say something to me when I'm out and about.

What if it was just a lady with a big adam's apple?

Ivy
    I do a lot of thrift shopping, and I see a dressed CD about every third time I go. A tgirl/CD gave me a long look the other day (I usually wear women's clothes out, but mostly jeans and tees). I wouldn't mind a small thumbs up from another if I were out fully dressed, I think we can spot each other better than the general public, plus I'm an Amazon, so I stick out in the ladies department.

I would also add that I would not have "made" the last gal I saw if she didn't have stockings on, she was dressed up just a wee bit much for thrift shopping. Would it be more odd if two people in drab crossed each other's paths? I see some guys shopping with their wives, but I've passed a lot of other guys that looked like they were there for the same reason I was. They have the same look on their face that I used to have (please please nobody come within 30 feet of me and gawd I hope there's a free dressing room that's not locked). I'm always wondering how many more of us there are out there that what reports say, I'm sure it's a lot higher.

Aspiring Member

CD spotting

I have seen one come through where I work. "She" was about 6-6 tight stretch pants. Nice looking face. She moved her head so I didn't get to see her "apple". I noticed she got out like a man. The guys I work with were making nasty remarks about her so I slinked away from the conversation. Didn't want to say anything that might cause problems.

Aspiring Member
    We all wish to be treated in a "normal"... which for me means that other people look at me, and interact normally. Quickly looking "away" or pretending not to see me is not normal...

We certainly don't want someone to yell across the store to us, but a discreet sign is nice!

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    I spotted a t girl once at a little restaurant across from the campus. She was nicely and appropriatly dressed but she seemed extremely nervous when she ordered something to go. I think I was the only person in the place who read her and I think one cd can tell another t girl more easily than the general publlic (unless the cd is dressed outrageously).

I spotted one a few months ago in a public park in Swiss. She was neither well dressed nor well at ease, but if I had not been a CDer I would probably not had a look at her. Other people did not seem to notice her. At first I wanted to tell her "hello from another CDer" , but I thought she would have better being not read by someone and said nothing.

Hugs

Nadia

Personally, I love when someone says I look good. I have been on both ends of the stick, being laughed and pointed at and smiled at and told I look nice. I much rather the latter. I don't think too many of us gurlz would find it offensive if someone complimented us.

My thought is that it is very possible to acknowledge that another person looks nice (or that you appreciate the effort she has made to try to look nice) without indicating that she has been read. Brief eye contact and a small ("it's nice to see you") smile, always make my day.

-jj

As with most replies, I would like positive recognition. I have had SA's talk to me (about rings and such or items being purchased) and have had to give directions once and seem to be okay
    joank
    Southern California

Silver Member
    If I spotted someone I thought was a fellow cd I would not let her know that I read her. I would smile and say 'you look very nice'. If she was not a cd this would not insult her and if she was a cd then this comment would not let her know that she was read.

a difficult decision i think. If the person was scurrying around looking nervous and furtive she probably wouldnt welcome. but if she is strutting her stuff with confidence then a smile or gesture might not go amiss. i would certainly welcome it

mitch

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile I would welcome it

I know that I'm not the most passable due to my size etc. and if another CD'er spotted me I would appreciate a friendly hello and compliment from them. It would boster my confidence with other people. So if you see me in the Allentown Area, please say hello. Kim

i've as of yet not been out dressed...waiting for that one.

but i have spotted a CD in my town. nice bloke.

Ivy
    A lot of different answers. Also, if you are not dressed and motioned to someone who is, they may get the impression you are an admirer (which may or may not be wanted), or an employee (which may or may not be wanted).

I see three simple answers:

1) Do nothing and treat them like any other person.

2) A very brief genuine smile and go about your business. No indication as to whether or not you "made" them, just pleasantries as you would if you walked by anyone else if your eyes happened to meet.

3) If you are both in the women's section and you're comfy shopping, hold up a skirt or top in front of you, mentally trying it on, maybe she will engage you if she's comfortable with it.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TracyH View Post
    What if it was just a lady with a big adam's apple?
    You know what I have been noticing this allot and I know the women are GG's now I would not say big but noticeable at certain angles. Does this mean we have a new myth to bust?

Ivy
    I forgot the most important one:

4) If you see her reaching for the gorgeous cocktail dress you were eyeing, fight her for it. She'll get the hint.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Well put Ivy, I see people occasionally that are crossdressed. i just try and be friendly if i do talk and not make any kind of a big deal about it. Good for them!

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferj View Post
    My thought is that it is very possible to acknowledge that another person looks nice (or that you appreciate the effort she has made to try to look nice) without indicating that she has been read. Brief eye contact and a small ("it's nice to see you") smile, always make my day.

-jj
    That's the way I would handle the situation too, and I've been on the receiving end those("it's nice to see you") smiles. They have certainly made my day, along with the "I like your suit" compliments.

Huggs, Renee