Thread: reactions

reactions

hi girls this qeustion is for those who have outed themselves to someone.
    what was there first reaction and how well did they take it

when i first outed my self to my gf she was totally shocked but undrestanding and the look on her face was like someone flipped a bright light on will never forget that day

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    An ex co-worker that I was friends with came into town on business and wanted to get together for supper. From our previous interactions, just knowing her as a person, I was certain that she'd be comfortable with my cross-dressing, so I showed up at the restaurant wearing a long skirt. And I was right, I got a very nice grin and got told, "Congratulations, it looks great!". And I got asked why I hadn't told her earlier. She was pleased that I was comfortable enough with her and with myself that I could casually wear a skirt in front of her.

But I can't think at the moment of anyone else whom I would be nearly as sure of receiving complete and immediate acceptance from. I believe that some of my other friends wouldn't have much trouble with me wearing a plain-ish skirt in front of them, or perhaps a jumper, but I'm not sure that any of them would be comfortable if I showed up dinner at their place wearing a dress. Might depend on how "womanly" the dress was and the size of the forms I was wearing. I'm not sure how comfortable any of my "back home" friends would be "hanging around" with me if I were completely Dressed. I'm pretty sure one couple wouldn't think any less of me for knowing that I was a cross-dresser... but seeing me dressed is a different question.

Well when my wife found out there was a lot of screaming and crying and carryin on and she was real upset too!!!! hahahaha....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I told my best friend and personal ninja rock star ages ago. We were moving in together at the time, this was maybe 6 years ago, and before we did I told her about my dressing. We were in the car at the mall and I just blurted out, "I need to tell you something". Then she looked at me like I was about to tell her the worst thing in the world, lol, but I said, "Uhmmmm..." then ... "hmmmm, uhhmmmm"... lol, she was like, "just tell me already!" So I blurted out, "I'm a crossdresser!". I almost started crying actually, lol, I was so scared I think I started shaking, panicked thoughts of her calling my parents and friends racing around my head. But she just responded, "This is your big secret? You like to wear girls clothes?" I almost died, thinking this was going really badly, until she said, "I have a big secret too, I like to wear girls clothes, I'm even wearing them right now! Do you hate me?" We just sat in the car laughing together for what seemed like a year, then just drove around for a bit talking, she was asking when she could dress me up, what kind of clothes I liked, I think it was the best night of my life, the windows down driving through the country saying everything I'd bottled up inside me. Then we commiserated about the fact we could never swap clothes because shes a size 0-2 and I'm a size 10, lol.

So, that's my big story....

go for it if you are ready

Well, mostly it comes to if you are ready to go out as a CD and if you feel confortable with yourself, the looks could work on it but your mind must be sharp, intelligent,sensual.. and ready to rock.so go for it..
    Kisses
    Gati

I told a friend and his reaction was similar to that of a person who has just received a severe blow to the head. It took him a few minutes to adjust but he was soon comfortable with the idea.
    When I told my brother his reaction was not nearly as colorful he was only shocked and gave little other reaction. Since then we have never discussed it.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

When I told my soon to be ex-wife she totally freaked because she thought that I was telling her that I was gay and that I was planning to leave her or that I wanted to transition and be a woman. She very quickly told me that she didn't want to be married to a woman or have any type of intimate relationship with a woman. She didn't say anything about me being gay until several months later when I made a comment something to the effect that I wasn't by and had no interest in being with a man that she said something about being worried about that as well.

But, she never really did truly accept me for what I am and I have a feeling that even though she says different that played a part in our split.

When I told my mom she was immediately and totally supportive. Come to find out she has had many of the same feelings her whole life that I have. So she is not only accepting but also understanding.

The others that I have told or been outed by have had the attitude that they don't understand but it is my life so what ever. That includes my step-daughter who said ok. it's weird but whatever.

Of course you also have to realize that the few that I have told were people who I was sure would be ok with it or at least not take off running with the acceptation of my wife who I felt I didn't have a choice about telling because I felt like I was lying to her by not telling her.

Just keep in mind that there will be people who say one thing and feel or mean another completely. So try to pay attention to the way that they react to the news and to how the way they treat you after you tell them. It may be a temporary difference or it could be long lasting and if it is you may have to find a new friend or lover or both as I am having to do now.

Anna
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    My CD'ing sort of developed with my SO about 3 years ago. Her 22 year old daughter moved in with us 6 months ago and I came out to her last week. It was very positive, even though she giggled a little at first. She even gave me some 4" pumps she just got and didn't fit her, but they fit me! It's been a major relief not having to worry about it anymore! She's seem me dressed en femme quit a bit, now it's just "normal"!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Well when my wife found out there was a lot of screaming and crying and carryin on and she was real upset too!!!! hahahaha....
    yes i was just lucky she did not have a knife in her hand or i would have had free surgery with no anesthetic ha ha ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It was my wife. And she was happy I wasn't having an affair. Had all the questions and is OK with it she knows it's who I am And I love her.
    Angie

Reactions

Yes ive told my wife,my brother and my mother all at different times along the continuum and even twice to all of them.Most recent reactions have been -ve from wife although she has not kicked me out yet(I dearly love her and want her to understand),sort of ok with my brother -I think he felt I needed to let it all out as I did and he asked if he could tell his wife so now she knows and even sugested that she may talk to my wife if it could help.I'm a bit frightened that my wife will not like anyone outside us know and will then resent my sister in lore for knowing my(our) secret).Oh dear ,it's getting complex but I just wish they would all accept me and then I dont have the stress of not knowing whats going to happen.

Princess of Heart
    The only person I ever told was my brother. When I told him he was just very confused. He had never heard of a guy dressing like a girl because they wanted to. It was just a comical thing to him until then. He was understanding, but shocked too.

We haven't really ever talked about it though, so I can't really say how he feels about it. I just know that it was said, it was done, and it isn't spoken of.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Never a truer word spoken... sadly mine did not get over it. and she demended a divorce.