Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone feel CDing is hereditary?

Banned Read only

Does anyone feel CDing is hereditary?

I heard a story about my dad before my mom and he were divorced that went something like this. My mom caught him with lipstick to his mouth and asked what he was doing he replied by telling her he loved how lipstick tasted and was eating it? What do you think?

There is some research that shows that there is a connection in some cases. I try and look into the gay and lesbian research as I do the TG research and have found a lot of similarities. I for instance have an Uncle or should I say an Aunt that is either feminin gay or a TS, I've not seen him for over 15 years and have tried to find him. Not all of us have a family history of GLBT's in the family, that is knoun anyway,I beleive if we could get our families to talk about it we'd find that most of us are not the first in the family.
    The old saying "The acorn does not fall, far from the tree".

Just may be something to that. My dad dressed. I never seen him dressed but was told he did. And he never knew I did. I'm Sure He knows how looking down from that happy dressing ground in the sky.
    Angie

Silver Member
    I am not sure of this but I think my Dad was a secret cd too. I can remember him always dressing up as a witch on Halloween when I was growing up. I have also seen pictures of him in old family photo albums dressed up as a woman for special occassions like mock weddings and such. This intriques me and think that maybe I inherited this from him. I am no expert on this and am only speculating. I have a son and a grandson too so I wonder if I passed this on to them. Interesting!!

Banned Read only
    I was thinking the same Susan, I have a son and I wonder about that myself . He has dressed in his G/F clothes before and has a picture to show for it. Recently his G/f broke up with him for reasons he didn't want to share with me. I know my daughters have they xdress in public seems how it is accepted for them LOL (joke)

I had to do some research for a biology class a few years ago. Since the news was filled with the gay marrige issue and I had heard about science discovering biological causes of it, thats what I went with. In a nut shell scientists have compared the part of the brain that controls sexuality in homo and heterosexual men and women. There are differences in the shape and size of this sector, but not between striaght women and gay men. The same goes for gay women and straight men. So it's feasable that while most of us are heterosexual, that part of our brain has just enough of a female distortion that makes us appreciate finer fabrics. Furthermore, the gene that causes this distortion, if not outright reshaping comes from the father (ususally the one who hates us the most. Go figure.).

I'm curious to see how that sector shape affects the rest of our brain. I took a test titled "Do You Think Like a Man or a Woman" a while ago and by golly the way I can see sublte differences in color, and a few other key things believed to be carried over from our hunter/gatherer anscestors, my mind works like a womans. I can't help but think there is a connection.
    Remember: You are unique. Just like veryone else

Banned Read only
    WOW Bobbie, that was some very interesting reading I have never heard of such a test either very good info thanks

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    After my Pop passed early this year my Mom told me she had caught him wearing her panties a few times. I don't know if this was before, during or after I began CDing in my early teens, but I suspect it was before. As I've said in other threads they knew I CD'd and they weren't pleased, to say the least. I believe there may be something to the CDing gene theory.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

I have not done any studying on the subject at all but I would think it might be very possible that it is hereditary. I once saw a T.V. show that talked about it briefly but I really can not remember what it said but I remember they said they thought it was, but that was talking about being gay not a CD'er.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Let's see....

Dad: Non-op TS. (hey, ANY surgery @ 72 is risky... much less SRS)
    Brother: CD. He works in a very Repubican area, so I convinced him to pull his yahoo profile before he outed himself @ work. Out to his wife though.
    Me: Closet CD.

Banned Read only
    Wow this is looking to have some truth to the theory, I always wondered could there be a connection somehow in the gene pool.

I actually have a picture of my dad in a grass skirt and coconut bra. The pic dates before WWII so he could not have been in a production of South Pacific. He wasn't theatrical either.

It's been a mystery to me until this thread. Now I think I know why he was wearing it.

Jen
    Last edited by Jenny J; 08-08-2008 at 11:13 PM.

Banned Read only
    I am amazed with the responses next time I see my Dad I am going to look at him in CD way just to see if we are as much father and son as I believe we are. Hell he to could be a member here.

i would tend to think a shared enviroment and nurture are somewhat more likely explanations

I remember that my Dad certainly loved nylon and constantly bought Mum silky nighties and other underwear. I once found a lingerie catalogue of his. When my brother died, I had to clear his flat and found all sorts of lingerie sites on his computer and a large bag of wome's panties. I have had a life long obsession with the feel of silky nylon - I can't help wondering if I inherited it! I suppose earlier afflicted family members would have liked other forms of silky material.

I remember being told that it is hereditory, but usually jumps a generation, i.e. grandfather/grandson. My grandson, though still quite young, has shown some CD traits. He is however, 1 boy with 3 sisters and there could easily be an innocent reason. Time will tell.

Mandy

I do not think it is hereditary, my father and grandfathers on both sides were all definitely not. I do admit though that myself and my son both like the frills.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

i love being a woman maid phylis's Avatar

Smile

as far as i know i am the only one in my family that is a cd.since they all came over from europe and back then no one would have dared to even wear a dress,so i guess its just from me at the get go.

The thing is, I'm so far in the closet, no one suspects. Who's to say my father or his father were any different. Bear in mind also, that it is more acceptable now than was then and that they never had access to others with the same feelings, such that we do.

Mandy

Ivy
    I hope not, only for the reason that medicine will think it's something they can cure. From what I've read, the fetus defaults to female, it is the hormones released in the womb that makes someone genetically m or f, and male fetuses are three times more likely to have some kind of complication. I believe it is the combination of your genetic makeup, your life experience and simply personal choice. There are way too many gray areas in between to say, "if you have this, then you are this". In my opinion, it's just as bad as saying, "if you have a penis, you are a boy, period".

Addendum: There are so many babies born (and I mean right out of the womb) who do not fit the definition of male or female as applied by medical standards, yet medicine still says they are female or male, but with an asterisk of some sort.
    Last edited by valenstein; 08-11-2008 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Addendum

I would surmise that it is something that pops up randomly like being gay or left handed. My father didn't, nor did my brother, nor any of my grandfathers.

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Bill View Post
    I would surmise that it is something that pops up randomly like being gay or left handed. My father didn't, nor did my brother, nor any of my grandfathers.
    Are you sure about that? After my Dad passed away my Mom told me that she had caught him wearing her things more than once. It came as a total surprise (but not a shock) to me. But now I understand why he was not as hard on me as he could've been when he and Mom found me out as a young teen.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

My Dad is definitely not a CD'er. Ive checked in his refrigerator & his larder, no sign of any lipstick, just butter, eggs & bacon.......

I do not know if this is a hereditary thing, but I do know my Grandfather on my Mothers side was a cd. And then you have me on the other side of things.

When I was a kid and first started crossdressing, I would worry that my grandfather (who died when I was eight) was watching me from above and was disappointed in me. Later on, when I was back East visiting my grandmother, I came across an old photo album of theirs and found a picture of him completely dolled up as a woman. The back of the picture didn't reveal any clues (although it was dated January 21, 1934 and therefore not a Halloween shot).

No one in the family knew the story behind him dressing this way and it certainly doesn't prove that he was a crossdresser, but it did make my day!