Thread: Medical tests

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar

Medical tests

I am undergoing some tests next week. I may have to take off my shoes and socks. But I don't want to take off my pink toes. Has anyone been in that situation and what was the reaction.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Never had any one care.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    The Doc and the nurses have probably seen it all before hun!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Not a little girl
    polish is cheap!

Look at it as an opportunity to get a differnet shade.

Maybe since you have to take some time off anyway, you can go by the salon right after your appointment!

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    When I had to have a colonoscope, or whatever they call it, I was asked insistently and repeatedly whether or not I was wearing any nail polish. I guess there are some tests they just won't do if you're wearing it. Probably tests where they think that they might have to re-animate you using paddles. Or maybe its because nowadays they can monitor vital signs with things they put over your fingertips. I dunno.

Were I you, I'd break out the acetone.
    Last edited by Julie Avery; 08-09-2008 at 04:35 PM.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

just tell em they are seeing spots
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

Gold Member
    Don't worry about it, mine wore painted bright orange for a month and I went all over in flip flops.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Avery View Post
    When I had to have a colonoscope, or whatever they call it, I was asked insistently and repeatedly whether or not I was wearing any nail polish. I guess there are some tests they just won't do if you're wearing it. Probably tests where they think that they might have to re-animate you using paddles. Or maybe its because nowadays they can monitor vital signs with things they put over your fingertips. I dunno.

Were I you, I'd break out the acetone.
    I had the same thing, but fail to see the connection. And I'm not blonde.

I would love to have the courage to do it but not been in that position, yet

Keep 'em pink I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Anne Meadows View Post
    I am undergoing some tests next week. I may have to take off my shoes and socks. But I don't want to take off my pink toes. Has anyone been in that situation and what was the reaction.
    I don't think you will have a problem Medical professionals see things alot worse than a guy wearing ladies clothing in for a medical checkup. If what your wearing looks good on you they might even compliment you on how you look. In the past I had to visit medical facilities for a physical. I have worn a nylon cami and a nylon panty and not one word was said.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

I used to work in a hospital as an electronics tech. They ask if you are wearing nail polish, and generally they mean FINGERnail polish. That is because they use a device called a Pulse Oximeter to monitor blood oxygen saturation. It usually clips to a finger and looks through the finger from nail to back (or vice versa). Nail polish may block its view. It can be used to look from side to side through the finger, and will work just fine. I suppose it could be used on a toe, but I never saw that done. It will also work (sometimes) on an earlobe. It also monitors your pulse, and it will usually sound an alarm if either your pulse or your oxygen saturation goes out of limits.
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

Aspiring Member

They really, really don't care!

Before my major surgery at the end of May, I had mine redone especially for the occasion. No one said a word and I was treated with the utmost respect and care. Please don't let being detected as a crossdresser by the medical profession cause you to lose a minute of sleep. Go have your tests and don't worry about it!

Don't even give it a second thought, they don't care, the nurses might get a little laugh, but I am sure they have seen more.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU