Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do if out and found?

Banned Read only

What would you do if out and found?

What if you ran into a co worker, friend or a family member while out dressed what would you do? Hide look anther direction , say you don't know me or come clean? Also what would you do if a guy started to pick up on you? I would in my deepest voice say I don't swing that way sorry. Would have to be a blind guy anyways .

Gold Member
    I guess it depends on who it was on how I would react.
    I would probably ask if my outfit looked alright.

The thing NOT to do is act shameful. YOumay feel bad but do not show it.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Banned Read only
    I like that answer , I am the kinda person that pre thinks on things like this for example incase I am ever in a pickle.

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Own up. You're busted anyway. If a guy hit on me I'd tell him things aren't exactly as they appear to be sometimes. If he persists I'd just flat out tell him I'm a guy and not interested. What would I do if he persists after that? Here's where it gets iffy. If he's smaller than me maybe rabbit punch him and run like hell. If he's bigger than me, rabbit punch him and run like hell.

Confucius say " Rape impossible because girl run faster with skirt up than man with pants down".
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Oh god I would probably try and run in the other direction and hope they didn't get a good look at my face. If they were standing face to face with me, I would probably bust out in tears and explain between sobs.

If it some guy hitting on me, I would probably tell him no. My voice is naturally deep enough that it would put him off.

Quote Originally Posted by TommiTN View Post
    Confucius say " Rape impossible because girl run faster with skirt up than man with pants down".
    I must say I love this quote.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 08-11-2008 at 07:02 AM. Reason: use the edit button
    Just trying to find my place in the world

Banned Read only
    LOL......Jen love the answers by the way welcome to the site..

Fairly Simple...

Quote Originally Posted by curse within View Post
    What if you ran into a co worker, friend or a family member while out dressed what would you do?

Also what would you do if a guy started to pick up on you?
    If they recognized me and called me by my drab name, I would say hi, and not make a big deal of it. If they wished to discuss it then I'm fine with that. I enjoy educating people about who we are. Otherwise I would just go about my business.

If a guy tried to hit on me? It depends on how cute he is! LOL But seriously, I would tell him I'm married, as I wear a wedding ring while dressed, and leave it at that. No use in dropping my voice for him! I prefer to stay a lady.

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    I thought you'd like that one...
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Banned Read only
    Loving these answers too funny..But great help just incase.

LOL......Jen love the answers by the way welcome to the site..
    Thank you for the welcome.
    Just trying to find my place in the world

What if you ran into a co worker, friend or a family member while out dressed what would you do? Hide look anther direction , say you don't know me or come clean? Also what would you do if a guy started to pick up on you? I would in my deepest voice say I don't swing that way sorry. Would have to be a blind guy anyways .
    Hmmmm, its the horror of horrors really isnt it? Well you've been sprung so you cant really do anything but come clean. I do try and chose out of town malls and quiet times in the week mornings but where I go is very close to a friend and perhaps one day this will happen. I will probably just say "I guess I like to shock and make a fashion statement or two occasionally". I really dont know but something similar to that. With a guy pick up its just a polite "no thankyou, not interested" without eye contact and move on quickly.
    "Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short, wear shirts and boots, 'cause it's ok to be a boy. But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, 'cause you think that being a girl is degrading. But secretly you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you? What it feels like for a girl" ~ Madonna

It depends on who the person is. If he are she does not see me, but I see them, I'd probably avoid the interaction. On the otherhand, I might try to walk right by them to see if they even notice me.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    My next-door neighbours saw me fully dressed late one night -- we were taking the same bus home, and they recognized me in about 1 1/2 seconds flat (even though I had wig and all.) I didn't talk to them on the bus, but when we got off the bus, I waited while they grabbed a snack in the corner store and then I walked home with them and answered their questions: I didn't want them to get the impression that I was running away from the situation or ashamed of what I was doing. They had no apparent problem with the idea, and they've seen me dressed in passing a few times since then (leaving the house at the same time.) The key was to react with dignity.

But more than a year before that, a co-worker saw me on one of my early outings, femme clothes but no wig yet then. He visited me in my office and mentioned having seen me (and he had the time and place dead to rights), and he made some joke about it having to do with my Scottish heritage. I said, "Uhhh, yeah, something like that." We haven't discussed the matter since, and he hasn't acted noticeably different towards me.

I think one of my co-workers was sitting about 10 feet away from me (with a fairly straight view toward me) at a key Pride drag performance in early June, but I'm not certain. I didn't hear anything about it, and as she is part-time Human Resources, she would know better than to spread stories.

In late spring, my other next-door neighbours passed within 4 feet of me in the local mall when I was wearing a skirt (and more, but the more was mostly covered by my jacket); they said "hello" with just a bit of "ummm" to it, so I think they might have noticed the skirt... they haven't treated me any differently if they have. And I've gotten more open about wearing a skirt in the yard, not worrying about if they do see me.

Any number of my co-workers might have seen me in time, and might recognized me while I was fully dressed (it seems I'm easily recognizable), or (more likely) might have seen me while I was "gender-bending". When I go to the local grocery stores in a skirt or dress, anyone might happen to see me, and I don't worry about it (well, not much.) If anyone has seen me out and around, they haven't said anything. And no-one at work has appeared to notice my pantyhose or tights or unusually-coloured knee-highs or femme pants or borderline tops (some more femme than others, but still plausible that a guy might wear it).

If a co-worker were to approach me while I was out Dressed... my reaction would probably depend upon whom it was and how respectful the approach was. If it was yelling my male name across the street, I'd be less than thrilled, because that would be exposing me to those around who might not have noticed me. But if it was a polite call across the street that didn't mention my male name, I might not take it badly. And if it was a close encounter in a mall or something like that (e.g., just happened to pass by each other)... well, it'd come down to respect (including the respect they'd given me in the past.) Some of my co-workers I would trust to respect my dressing even if they didn't understand it; a lot of my co-workers I don't know well enough to know how they would feel; a few of my co-workers I would be inclined to expect would want to try to use it against me. And some... hmm, I think some of them might feel uncomfortable enough about the matter that they might avoid chatting with me after finding out (e.g., the pretty woman who has the best clothing style and the most consistently "feminine" appearance... I'd love talk clothes with her, but somehow I get the impression that she would not think highly of me for knowing I dressed.)

I was at a local bar one halloween and a o-worker stood right next to me for several minutes without recognizing me. I am retired so don't worry about any problems at work, I hide now mostly out of habit.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Banned Read only
    T,,,,, ohhhhhhh to be retired... what I could do..What did your co- worker say ?

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    i would own up to bein caught,,,,
    my co workers already know i wear pantyhose,,,,

I would wonder what they were doing there! The only places I go are TG-friendly anyway.
    The sign of the true extrovert is if they suddenly found themselves stark naked in a public place with only a bowler hat. The introvert would use the hat to cover their private bits. The extrovert would wear the hat!!
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

I've passed coworkers in the hotel parking lot enfemme and had no problems... Karren and I don't really look a like... And I don't have to try..... When I talk it scares most guys away.... Lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

[SIZE=4]I actually don't know anyone that doesn't know all about me. It solves a lot of potential problems and the people that I interact with just view me with one eyed cocked funny.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]As far as men hitting on me, it depends entirely on the situation. Most men are content to be rejected and go on. Those that act like they have the right to my time either get walked away from or put in their place. Sometimes men are just like kids, you have to tell them no over and over before they get it. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]If none of that works, I hand them a business card and tell them to come to my work and discuss what they want. The card I hand them is my Karate Instructor/Sensei card where I teach part/time. That generally makes them think twice. One guy actually did show up at my work and after watching me teach and interact with students for about 10 minutes he slunk out the door, never to be seen again. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I have only had to use my Karate training twice in 30 years of going out, but those are different stories....[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

The honest answer is I dont know

We can all speculate if it has never happened to us but you wont know until it happens
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I'm like Karen Hutton, I look so dramatically different as Lisa, that even a couple other CD's that I met in male mode didn't have a clue, who I was when we met at a Tri-ess meeting!!
    So-o-o, I don't think it would be a problem, unless you were with a bunch (herd? Gaggle? Pride?) of other crossdressers and as a group it drew a bit of undue attention.
    In that case though, I think whoever wore the shortest skirt and had the biggest hair or the wildest patterned dress would keep their attention off you!! (Another reason to try to dress so you 'blend in'.)
    I'm certain the girl iin the PVC catsuit would draw the most attention!!
    Hugs,
    Lisa ELizabeth

i love being a woman maid phylis's Avatar

Smile meeting a family member

since i travel to new york city from my home in brooklyn by subway there are always possibilities that i will see someone that i know while sitting in the train.once i saw my son coming home with his friends in the same car and i just looked out the window and they got out at the station before mine.i have also seen people from my area get in and sit down near me but i really dont look like my other self so i am ok ,but as for having someone trying to pick me up once while waiting at the station on 42nd st some guy started to put the make on me and just at that moment my train came in and i quickly got in and sat down.phylisanne

If I ran into someone I knew I would summon my most feminine voice and deny, deny deny. If I guy was hitting on me I would acknowlege his advances, come clean about being a crossdresser, and if he is still intrested just go with the flow.

Hi all,

Was in that situation a few years back, in fact posted here about the experience. Was at the Fisher theater here in Detroit to see Les Meserabes, forgive the spelling. With a TS friend of mine.And seated in the row right behind us was my girlfriend at the time, mother and her two daughters, girlfriend's sisters. I knew them and they knew me. Now I was nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs. During intermission we, even stood in line for the ladies room with them and had a conversation about the play. And they didn't have a clue they were talking to my girlfriend's BF. Never heard a word from my GF afterwards. I knew before hand they were going but had no idea where their seats were. When we left at the end of play. I told my TS friend I'm ready for stiff drink, "make it a double single malt scotch on the rocks please."

Huggs, Renee

Renee,
    You held up to that situation better than I would. I was a mall one night a couple of years ago and what I thought, but was not, a co-worker came walking towards me. I still remeber the sweat inside my sweater. I hoped I was not turning six shades of red. I did survive.
    Joan
    joank
    Southern California