Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do if out and found?

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    If a person I knew "made" me and didn't say anything, I'd just go about my business. If they said something, I'd probably ignore whatever they said and just say "Hi John", or whoever, and try to redirect the conversation into ordinary banter.

If a guy started to pick up on me I suppose I would try to convey that I felt flattered but that I'm in a committed relationship, or a chastity belt, or something.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Avery View Post
    If a person I knew "made" me and didn't say anything, I'd just go about my business. If they said something, I'd probably ignore whatever they said and just say "Hi John", or whoever, and try to redirect the conversation into ordinary banter.

If a guy started to pick up on me I suppose I would try to convey that I felt flattered but that I'm in a committed relationship, or a chastity belt, or something.
    Awhile back in my lurking days here I read a thread about some of the married girls buying engagement rings to compliment their wedding band. That was a way to show you were commited to your 'hunny' and I thought that was a pretty good idea.

If a guy was hitting on me the first thing I would think is this character sure must be desperate and have lousy taste LOL. But I think a ring might discourage the intrusion.

Jen

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    If discovered by co-worker:
    0. When I step outside my door, I am no longer in control of who sees me. I must accept that anyone may pass by me at anytime. So, like a Samurai, I ritually accept that I am *dead* before the *battle* begins, or when I step outside, I am *outing* myself. Any other idea is delusion and a false basis for security.

1. If I am going to be seen/outed, then I am going to be seen/outed. No sense getting upset and presenting myself as a spectacle. Dignity first, and put my best foot forward.

2. I realize I am lucky in that I can choose whom I work with, and avoid employers that overly-conservative, and that I can always find another job quickly if I am "let go". I bow to others not so fortunate, who risk all by going out anyways!

If a guy made a pass at me I would reject the pass without rejecting the person. "Roberta doesn't do sex" is my reply, and I don't drop my voice. If that doesn't restore the conversation to a mutually positive track then I have no idea what I would do. Every case is so different.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Quote Originally Posted by TommiTN View Post
    Own up. You're busted anyway.
    Unless you wear your own hair, IME that's unlikely - most of us look dramatically different? I once spent two hours in a restaurant talking to two women I'd worked with very closely and they didn't make me? People see what they expect to see...

As for guys hitting on you, well, that's just a given if you spend any time out, dressed as a girl. Deal with it in exactly the same ways genetic women do - a polite 'sorry, not interested' for starters? (I always find 'I'm married' works pretty well, too.)
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

God loves me as I am Jocelyn Renee's Avatar
    Most everyone in my life knows at this point, but for about a year this happened to me fairly often. If confronted I'd yell, "Surprise!" and an interesting conversation would generally ensue. At other times I've passed by folks who did not recognize me and I just let it go. The most important thing to remember is to just act normally and not be ashamed. People take their cues on how they should react largely from your reaction.
    "It's a sad man, my friend, who's living in his own skin, and can't stand the company." - Bruce Springsteen

"Im not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand." - Prince
    --
    Connect with me...http://360.yahoo.com/joc_renee

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by curse within View Post
    What if you ran into a co worker, friend or a family member while out dressed what would you do? Hide look anther direction , say you don't know me or come clean? Also what would you do if a guy started to pick up on you? I would in my deepest voice say I don't swing that way sorry. Would have to be a blind guy anyways .
    Kind oif been there . After my second shot of tequila I walked over and introduced my self , he lied about his name, I accepted the drink he bought me, laughed about him lying about his name with another co worker that was there. She knew me as Niya before she got hired at my job

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    Unless you wear your own hair, IME that's unlikely - most of us look dramatically different? I once spent two hours in a restaurant talking to two women I'd worked with very closely and they didn't make me? People see what they expect to see...
    I thought that too until I got made by a classmate I had not seen in 12 years
    Last edited by Niya W; 08-16-2008 at 02:38 PM.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by curse within View Post
    What if you ran into a co worker, friend or a family member while out dressed what would you do? Also what would you do if a guy started to pick up on you?
    Both of these things have actually happened to me. I was in a bar and I turned around and saw a female co-worker about 2o feet away from me. I saw her look at me too and I nearly has a heart attack! Just as I thought "oh crap now what am I going to do", she turned away and carried on speaking with the people she was with. She didn't even recognized me. Just whispered in my wife Marla's ear and we went to another area of the bar.

The other time I was in another LGBT bar with some TG frinds and my wife came with us. A guy started to "chat me up" and it seemed fairly obvious to me that he was interested. I just smiled and said "I gotta go now, I need to go and speak with my wife and then pointed at Marla who was standing at the bar getting us some drinks". He looked a little confused for a moment and then just smiled and walked away.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

If they made me I would just have to say Oh well.
    Angie

interesting...

While I would rather not be found out like that, I did not go out until I felt I was ready for that to happen. The "gay" clubs are not "safe" in terms of being found out for me as large swaths of my friends have and on occasion go to drag nights not because they indulge (that I know of) but for the oddity of it.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

If I was found out while out, I would just say hi and go about my business. I'm not ashamed of who I am anymore but I don't go around telling anyone either.
    As for being hit on , I've been in that boat too. I just told him I wasn't intereseted, but he did not take no for an answer. I did not wanted to be outed at the time and lukily my roommate came to my rescue and told him to leave her date alone. He was a little shocked but I did manage to get out of the situation, though he did look a me the whole time we were at the club.
    Striving for acceptance.