Thread: Hey girls Glamour shots for CD's

gurlz want it alll! dresser1974's Avatar

Hey girls Glamour shots for CD's

How many would like to have something like Glamour shots for us. someplace to get some pictures taken in your best dress. but they will be done in complete hush hush if wanted. I told my wife of this idea and wanted to hear from you gals. my wife thought i was in total left feild.

I think its a great idea. Probably the most practical way to do this (make any money) would be to go to various shows/convention gettogethers. I wouldn't think that too many towns could support such an idea. I'd go get some pix!

Hugs Edyta

I also think it a great idea. Most likely would never do it but it is still a great idea!
    Margo

such places are quite common in the uk....id be surprised if they wernt in the usa aswell.
    Most professional dressing services will give this as an option for their clients

gurlz want it alll! dresser1974's Avatar
    to my knowldge their isn't anything like i have described in the states at least where i lve

A few of my CD friends have been to Glamor Shots for portraits in the past. And they have done a real nice job. The problem is Glamor Shots is pretty much extinct as a chain. I would just go to a commercial photograher and have it done. You'll probably have to do your own makeup and provide outfits. There's also Jamie Austin, where you can get a makeover and have a portrait or two done. But yes, I think it's a void that someone could fill and make some money.

Huggs, Renee

I went to Glamour Shots. I was treated well even tho I did not buy any pictures. I think it is a franchise. Every store a little different. But as Renee said, most stores closed. But there are probably a few imitators that are still in business. Merle Norman does nice makeovers--but no photography.

Quote Originally Posted by dresser1974 View Post
    to my knowldge their isn't anything like i have described in the states at least where i lve
    There are quite a few places like that in most large cities/metro areas. The best known of course is Jamie Austin (Las Vagas and Boston), Miss Vera does something similar in New York, and I think there are loads of them in California.
    Sally

I just may work why not give it a try hun.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    There are quite a few places like that in most large cities/metro areas. The best known of course is Jamie Austin (Las Vagas and Boston), Miss Vera does something similar in New York, and I think there are loads of them in California.
    Yup Yup and Transformations (Jon Davis) in Austin and Vanity Transformations in Houston. (you should look at her web page - she is breath taking.

Carla's in San Jose (Bay Area California) does makeovers and photoshoots. Her shop is pretty much a full service tg boutique. You can dress there, hang out with whomever gurls may be around, and be totally comfortable. She also rents lockers to gurls who can't dress at home.

Mitzi

Nahhh I love taking my own photos....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Great idea

At the risk of being booted or moved again....

As a professional photographer I wanted to offer some time of service to our community nice and descreet, however when I've posted that here in the forums the Admin remove because it appears as if it is self advertising a busines which violates forum rules....soooo I wish to respect the forum and its rules as I am a happy member and have met some great people here for support but I'd love to discuss the concepts or ideas with anyone. (That is me in the avatar and my skills).

JDP
    Last edited by JamieDP; 08-12-2008 at 07:22 AM.
    - "Dakota"

Glamour Shots

I have had photos taken at Glamour Shots many times. The girl who usually does the makeup is very good and makes me look good, which isn't easy. The photo packages are expensive so I usually buy the smallest package.
    I have also had glamour photos taken at a salon that I go to often, but the quality wasn't nearly as good.
    If you tell them ahead of time that you are a crossdresser, they will be prepared and be very accomodating. They usually ask me to schedule an early appointment, ahead of families with kids.