Thread: half man, half woman?

half man, half woman?

Check this out: I imagine it goes the other way as well. http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...4187&ch=224106

It's just one of many Intersex situtations where the person has physical parts of both sexes. I think the expert is probably wrong in saying they are women because that is determined by the DNA which in this case is XY. They just outwardly have more of an appearance of women then men. Just a technicallity but it annoys me when they give out incorrect information.
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    It's just one of many Intersex situtations where the person has physical parts of both sexes. I think the expert is probably wrong in saying they are women because that is determined by the DNA which in this case is XY. They just outwardly have more of an appearance of women then men. Just a technicallity but it annoys me when they give out incorrect information.
    Hi Sally,

You're confusing sex and gender, dear, a very common mistake. Genes determine if one is male or female, not whether one is a man or woman. There have been many discussions here about this. Males can be women, females can be men. That's what's involved in transexualism, gender identity not matching genetic sex.

So the person who is the subject of the video IS a woman, but genetically male.

Carol
    My name is Carol.