View Poll Results: What Age Bracket Do You Fall into?

Voters
512. You may not vote on this poll
  • Age 20-29

48 9.38%
  • Age 30-39

68 13.28%
  • Age 40-49

109 21.29%
  • Age 50-59

165 32.23%
  • Over 60 ( and still dressing )

122 23.83%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What Age Brackets Do We Fall into ?

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    Wow Fi, that's impressive to me. I was just so dense I didn't know I was trans until last year at 72. Wish I had known it sooner. Shoot, WISH I HAD BORN FEMALE.

I know of many TS who began their transition in their 50's and 60's. I know two not on this site older than even me. (But actually I am only 42! just happened to have been born in 1935.)

I know a most precious girl that I am recommending this site too. Her parents kicked her out into the street the day she became 18. but she has on her own gotten her gender counseling, name change, hormone treatments, since she was 16 and is having the SRS in 4 months. Many of us TS's wish we were in her shoes or had been at that age. She is just 18 still.
    Last edited by Empress Lainie; 08-15-2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Adding to post and colorizing font etc.
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

62 and dressing for 50+ years and enjoying it more every day. Although I don 't desire to transition I do believe I have finally found myself and enjoy being me.

Quote Originally Posted by CD Susan View Post
    This has been a most interesting thread. I responded earlier but want to again. I think we all know or suspect that this cd feeling does not leave us as we get older. In fact I for one feel that it is getting stronger as I age. I do not know why this is so but I feel the need to express this part of me now more than ever before. I am single and live alone so I am living the life that I want to and so happy that I can be living this way. My cd tendencies are only increasing with age and I am comfortable with that. Do others feel this way too?
    Exactly, Susan. I too live alone. I dress every day after work and full time on weekends. I really enjoy being Rita and the feelings just seem to be getting stronger as I age. I don't know how it will all end but I intend to explore and enjoy my feminine self until then.
    Last edited by Sandra; 08-15-2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts use the edit button please

Well there ya have it we are all at least young at heart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

I turned 50 back in January. Haven't bought anything new in quite a while. Trying to survive on a part time job.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    The body is 40ish, the mind is still 24.................So I'll sleep when I'm dead
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

In Search of Sunrise WildLotus29's Avatar
    23 here

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaLS View Post
    23 here
    Ah but to be 23 again. Just a young pup Erica, enjoy the 50 or more years ahead of you for excitment,adventure, titilation and experimentation.
    Many of us in the older ( 50 or 0lder) age bracket wish we could stanrt now and have the freedom and acceptance of going out in public at that age but in the 60's and early 70's in was not only unacceptable but an arrestable offense in most American cities... believe it not. I said screw it anyway and was wallking the streets in daylight as a 13 year old boy, and never looked back. I've been going out now public for 45 years.
    Enjoy your new life sweets, have a ball and look pretty

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm just barely in my 50's. And in a few months I'll be barely in my 60's it appears. First thought about dressing when I was 5 or 6 and first dressed when I was in my mid-teens. First went out in my late 40's and came out to my bride in my early 50's. It seems that it's taken all my life, so far, to get here.

As for birthdays, next summer I'm going to celebrate my 34th birthday again. That was a nice one, but could use a bit of improvement.

I'm 30, been dressing since age 4 or 5.

I'm a real 35. I've been dressing hardcore for 2yrs. I've worn off and on since 9.

Hi, I am coming up on 81 and thinking seriously of going out in the world. I have had one or two experiences which were quite satisfying but not much since I retired a few years ago. Early dressing was spasmodic and sneaky at best but I never got caught. I have a few pix that were taken by a friend and it is obvious to me that I would need a lot of work to go out where there are others about. Oh well, maybe one day.

Vieja

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

A Keener Senior CD!

I was 76 this past May, and still very much enjoy being Stephanie! I dress completely almost every day, but without wig or makeup. Except may for lipstick. My late wife always did my makeup and fixed my wig, and I don't have her expertise!

But having dressed this way for over 60 years, I have reached the point where I just don't care what other people think about me. Well, with the exception of certain family and one dear friend who does know. So I frequently go out looking like a man wearing female clothing!! I'm happy, and that is what counts!!

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Well myself I just hit 48 a week ago, like many of the others here I started with trying on my moms bras she left in the clothes hamper in the bathroom, that was right around age 13, I have gone out dressed a few times but just because no one was around to maybe see me does it still count as going out ? lol Someday I will be brave enough to go out in public, maybe on halloween again,,

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city

Well this Survey/ Thread seems to have run its course

After seaarching for this poll and finding it on page 5 I'm pleased with the 114 (to date 8/22) responses.
    I'm also very curious in the overall results it shows
    [SIZE="3"]Over 56% of all crossdresers who took this poll are age 50 or older.[/SIZE]

Thats really interesting, I guess us (me too) old gals got years of experience of wearing all the clothes from the many past decades. trying the various wig hair styles popular of the last 30 years and being well versed at our art whether we're in the closet or not. (I'm out in public)

Thanks for all who responded, the poll is open ended and does not have a deadline. Still time to throw on your high heel.

Megan
    Last edited by Megan70; 08-22-2008 at 03:37 PM.

I'm almost 30
    Merry

HRT since 2009

God loves me as I am Jocelyn Renee's Avatar
    Yikes. I'm always surprised at my actual age when I have to fill-in one these age-range thingies. I don't feel a day over 35!
    "It's a sad man, my friend, who's living in his own skin, and can't stand the company." - Bruce Springsteen

"Im not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand." - Prince
    --
    Connect with me...http://360.yahoo.com/joc_renee