Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you hide your clothes?

In a storage box

I don't hide anything,even from my eldest daughter who comes to clean and help out once a week. She hasn't questioned why there haven't been any mens underware in the laundry for the last four years. Maybe mom uses alot and dad goes commando!

Some 20+ years ago when we moved into a new house, I made some built-in wardrobes with a hidden compartment and kept my things there, but after I came-out to my wife, they moved into a box in the wardrobe in full sight. She doesn't want anything to do with my dressing and when we moved recently she packed all the boxes except that one, and took all my drab clothes off the rail except 2 dresses I have hung up! I had to pack those myself!

Maybe one day she'll change but I'm not holding my breath and at least I'm better off than some!

Just before I made a start to have my own, I told my wife. Slow start with a few bits and pieces, now I hide in the top left drawer, third large drawer down, bottom drawer, hanging up, on top shelf, mixed in with men's shoes....Running out of places now!!! Have to rent space on her side and hide it there!!!

no hiding to speak of, tops and dresses are all mixed in with my boy tops jeans ect all over my floor. make up everywhere.

although, i lived at my dads for a bit this summer and i had to hide all my clothes in a guitar case, in a suitcase, at the bottom of the wardrobe. make up ect went everywhere with me in my bag. they didn't have a clue

Where do you hide your clothes?

I don't hide them anymore, i just kept them out of site right in front of her. She has many more clothes than I do and mine are at the end of the closet where she can't reach. So there're in plain site.

My Hiding spot...

I hide my stuff in a barrel in the cellar. Its great I have easy access to it but it sits in a corner looking inconspicuous.

Michele

i hide my stuff in a bag in my closet. lol not hard to find

Platinum Member
    i usta hide things in my gun room .... now i have way too much stuff to hide......my wife is unsouportive so i don't put them in her face but don't hide things .....

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    you know the big problem comes when you just plain have too much stuff. Granted i know they're not the best quality, but I know i have more shoes than my wife.

My wife knows, and is pretty ok with it. However we have curious kids. So I keep everything in my weight room in a trunk when it is not being used. I always laugh when I am being uber-male and doing dead lifts, and then look over and see a trunk that has heels and corsets and stockings in it.

I'm out with my SO now...but when I was a teen I remember my first hiding place. I had all of my things stuffed into an old denim US Postal mail bag (the size of a large duffel). I'd put some old guy things on top to disguise it in case it was opened by my mom, then threw it into a dark deep corner of my closet with a few other things piled on top.

It was a bit too far away for 'easy access', so the things I used a LOT (a nightgown, skirt, tights and a few pairs of panties) were folded and hidden amongst my regular clothes in my dresser.

I got really daring about it after a while and would just fold my nightgown and put it under my pillow during the day, which was pretty stupid since my mother would change the sheets on my bed once in a while, but I never got caught that way.

I got caught a few different times. Once my mom found the duffel full of girl's clothes under my bed where I had tucked it instead of putting it back in the closet one day. She asked me about it and I just told her that it must have belonged to one of my sisters. I had found it in my room (which also contained the entry to the attic) where 'they must have left it, being too lazy to bring it up the stairs to the attic' so I'd just kicked it under the bed. I THINK she believed me.

The only other time I got caught was out of laziness. I'd left a slip I'd been wearing out and it had gotten mixed in with other dirty laudry in my room (typical teenager... LOTS of dirty laundry laying around). My mom had picked it all up one day and put it all through the wash INCLUDING the slip.

Nothing was ever said about it, but when the pile of whites was returned to my room... the white half-slip was folded nicely and included in the stack of underwear and t-shirts.

Now, thank goodness, I have the luxury of being 'out' so my things have their own closed and three full drawers in a dresser. Life is good
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I use to open up ceiling tiles and hide some of my clothes in the ceiling, in small plastic bags. Some clothes, I would hang inside of a sweatshirt in the closet. I also have a back pack I hang on a hanger with a heavy jacket over it. Sometimes I would also hide pairs of panties in pockets of jeans hanging in my closet. Just a few sneaky ways to have access to all my clothes.

Well Paige, I hide mine in plain sight now that I'm an empty nester. My bedroom closet is filled with my femme clothes and I bought an extra dresser for my lingerie and foldables. My SO knows I dress and is also a member of this forum so I never have to hide anything again.

I was married twice to disapproving women and during both marriages I hid everything feminine I owned. My favorite hiding place was my basement workshop. It was always messy and full of machinery, so for me it was a perfect place to hide everything. I also never worried about makeup or accessories because I was alone in the basement and only dressing for myself.

Now that I have come out, I no longer need to hide my clothes, makeup, or accessories. I hated being deceitful and now can enjoy dressing without fear of being caught.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

hi everyone
    well i grew up with 5 sisters so i didnt have to really hide. just snatch and grab lol. but when i would go see my mom i would start bringing more and more stuff. since she would go to work and leave me alone. i put them in papaer bags and hide them in the basement. and also if i wanted to were whatever it may be it would put it under my bed. then when i moved in with my girlfriend i came out to her in the first month we dated and she said she could handel it. but i still had to keep it in my duffel bag. but know like everyone else i have grown and so have my outfitts. so i keep them in a suitcase and duffelbags and panties in my underwear draw. my wife former girlfriend still cant understand but she deal (porely) with it.

WHere do I hide my stuff?

Hi Paige.

Here's where I hid my stuff throuout my time.

High School: Wrapped tightly up in about 4 grogery bags in a box of other junk in my closet. The box that had my stuff in it was either labeled very descreetly 7 9 18 12, or LRIG. Both meaning girl by position of letter in alphabet, or girl spelled backwards.

Military: In a laundry bag with other clothes in my wall locker

Living with roomates: In a locked chest.

Living With Girlfriend: Same place as abobe until I told her about 4 months after dating. THen I didn't have to hide anything. If anyone asked, I passed it off as hers.

Now Living Alone: I don't hide my stuff unless I have friends visit. THen I hade everything in plane view. underneath the sink where only a wall of lightbulbs hides the stuff, in boxes or duffel bags in my closet, or in my outside storage area. Also I have one of those rubbermaid portable closets in my room. I use towels to cover up the parts u can see through and then use key rings to lock the zippers together. I also don't leave anyone here alone. Oh year. I also have clothes in my dresser.
    Last edited by Katelyn; 08-13-2008 at 08:38 PM.

Shoe shopper
    In my workshop. SO never goes in there!

I have a lot of workout clothes and workout bags...so it just blends in...in a bag indistinguishable from the others.

I have to admit, as I get further and further along, it is getting harder and harder to hide. In fact, it is quite exhausting making sure everything is cleaned up. This secrecy won't last much longer because it is so much work!!
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

Smile

i dont have hied anything. sine my wife lose some wight thay found new place in her close

Stuff to hide

I posted above about where I hid my clothes when younger, but don't have to hide anything anymore since my SO is accepting... but I DO still find myself hiding things once in a while.

What happens is that I will go out and 'splurge' on a few dresses, some nice shoes, or I'll happen to find a sale on bras so will HAVE to buy a few. My wife accepts my dressing, but I feel a bit guilty when I get caught up in a shopping spree and spend a big chunk of $$ on such things.

So, when I get home with lots of new stuff, it usually gets put right into the closet and I just hope she won't notice the additions (things like bras, tights and panties she certainly won't notice, since I have so many different ones now who could keep track?)

But a dress, skirt, nightgown, jewelry or new blouse is harder to miss. At SOME point, I have to wear it around her for the first time and she'll notice that I have something new.

She has never had a bad reaction. The guilt on my end isn't about dressing or the clothes, it is just about dropping that much money on clothes that I really can't justify spending money on since I have closets full already!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I used to rent a storage locker, I have a lot of other things besides girlie stuff that I didn't have room for at home. But a few years ago my tenants moved out of an investment property that I own, so I closed out the storage locker and moved everything to the investment property. Now I have a home to go to that can I dress anytime I want.

I lucky to have a girlfriend that is accepting and supportive and I finely got my own house so now i can hang my cloths up in my closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Paige. View Post
    I'm curious. If your SO doesn't know you dress, where do you keep your clothes, make-up, and accessories so that she won't find them? I was getting dressed this morning and looked at the bottles and tubes all over the counter and wondered how closeted CD's manage without getting caught. It's something I take for granted, that I don't have to be meticulous and clean up after myself every day. Surely she would find them if they are kept in the house.
    Well, uh, I don't hide mine. I don't have any. You haven't noticed any of your things stretched out have you?

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Not hiding, but...........

As a widower living alone, I don't hide anything. The closet here in my computer room is jammed full of Stpephanie's things, and she has stuff in the two other bedroom closets also. The six drawer dresser in the master bedroom is full of lingerie, and the storage racks in that closet also have a lot of stuff. Hey, I know it is too much, but I cannot pass up a sale!!

The problem that is coming up is because I am having shoulder replacement surgery in early October. My daughter(who does know about my CD activites but does not want to see my clothes) and my sister-in-law ( who does not know about me) will both be staying at my house for at least a week after I leave the hospital. That means that I have to pack up and hide away every trace of Stephanie. Then they will leave and I have to do the reverse!! But I am a committed (or maybe I should be!) CD'er, so I will do what must be done. Anyone want to help?

BTW, I haven't posted anything for over a week, as I was in the hospital having a Pacemaker installed. Very sudden problem, and if it weren't for my darling daughter (an RN) I probably would be dead! Enjoy your lives! I know I do!!!
    Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Banned Read only
    Years ago, I had a bunch of stuff hidden up in the rafters of the garage. Mice got into it, and ruined a lot of stuff. Now I live alone, and just keep it anywhere.