Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toilet Paranoia (anyone can respond)

Toilet Paranoia (anyone can respond)

As a trans guy, I obviously always use the men's loos. Nowadays, I don't have any worries about walking in or out - that's not the sort of paranoia I'm talking about. I know that's a big deal for many guys at the beginning of transition, and it was for me also, but I'm past that now - I'm confident that I pass and won't get any hassle in that way.

However, I do have a certain amount of paranoia about the way my pee sounds. I know that might sound stupid, but I'm very aware that the sound of my pee is completely different from the sound of most other guys' pee hitting the toilet bowl. I've tried masking it by flushing the toilet, but that generally doesn't give me long enough to do what I need to do. I've tried putting loo roll down the loo to stop the noise, but that's not very effective - plus, it's a waste of paper! I end up having to exercise extreme control in just letting it trickle out, and even then I get paranoid that the length of the pee will give me away.

So, has anyone got any ideas how I can overcome this? It's not so bad in a big, busy toilet where there's lots of people going in and out, and plenty of taps, hand dryers etc to mask the sound, but in a small place with maybe just one cubicle, I get really worried about it.

Any tips or suggestions would be welcome. Or am I just worrying unnecessarily - would other guys even notice the difference in sound?

Dave

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flameboy View Post
    would other guys even notice the difference in sound?
    To be honest i doubt it very much...men are just not THAT observant in my opinion....especially in the bathroom...they are concentrating on whats in front of them lol
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 07-03-2008 at 04:43 PM.

Take a bottle of water in with you, then pour it down the toilet
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Well by sounds I heard many differnt Pee sounds coming from males in my time. Some men have differnt shaped or medical problems with there Man Bits. I just don't know what would be a solution Tamara got a good idea a glass of water. I did see on you tube a thing where a girl can use this device and stand to Pee as a real male. But i don't remeber what is was called i do remeber it was in Germany. But you put in your pants under the Female parts and go. And that would work in a stall type place made not in front of a urinal.
    I will follow my heart

Banned Read only
    I think you're worrying unnecessarily. Besides, I don't think most people actively listen to other people peeing. Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't sound like a very interesting pastime to me.

Banned Read only
    Relax. No-one listens unless it sounds like a cart horse or someone is trying to play a tune. And if it sounds like a cart horse its because the guy either had eight pints or had his prostrate removed. Either way no-one will think much of it.

I worried about this too at one point after an ex of mine brought it up (he was trans too) and brought it up with my boyfriend (bio male) and he assured me that he's never been bothered to listen to another guy's pee sounds and would never notice if it was different and doubted if any other guy would.

it is interesting to see that FtM have some of the same paranoias that us MtF's have.
    Don't worry about it no guys in any restroom that I have been in has ever paid any attention to the sound of pee hitting the loo. We are to busy worrying about our own short comings and what the other guys might be thinking about us. So as the"goodfella's" say "forgetaboutit"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

No one cares. If they do, they won't mention it, cause men talking to other men in bathrooms is taboo.

GypsyKaren
    Quote Originally Posted by amandachick View Post
    No one cares. If they do, they won't mention it, cause men talking to other men in bathrooms is taboo.
    Exactly. You must never talk, listen, look, and in most cases involving men's rooms, breathe.

Karen Starlene

I generally stand at the toilets, even in the stalls. The thing with me is that I don't pass well enough to be sure no one will say anything, but I feel once they see my feet standing in the stall, they won't question me.

Depending on how confident I'm feeling (often if I've been drinking ) and on the setup/visibility in the bathroom, I'll have the nerve to use a urinal. I'm lucky enough to be able to actually use a urinal without absolutely requiring an STP, though it's easier.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

I know the feeling flameboy, I exercise great causion when usin the cubical in the mens so as no one susses me out but it does mean it takes longer which means it could arrouse suspition As for bein over it im pretty used to going in the mens loos now it doesn't really bother me. Its where I belong anyways xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

as said by others most males go by the male unspoken bathroom rules, you don't talk, acknowledge or comment to other men in the bathroom so as long as you don't act like your ackward no one will even notice.
    Do you live, do you die
    Do you bleed for the fantasy?
    In your mind, through your eyes
    Do you see it's the fantasy? - 30 Seconds To Mars- The Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy GG View Post
    as said by others most males go by the male unspoken bathroom rules, you don't talk, acknowledge or comment to other men in the bathroom so as long as you don't act like your awkward no one will even notice.
    ROFL - Stacy GG got it 100% correct!

I saw a YouTube link here once that described the "rules" and "Etiquette" for the male bathroom and the funniest thing about it was that it was spot on! One of the most important rules is that you don't pay attention to others and they don't pay attention to you. I guarantee you no guy is sitting in the stall next to you giving any thought to the sound of your going to the bathroom.

Another thing that works in your favor - most people don't realize there ARE FTM's. Hell, I've been a CD all of my life and only discovered FTM's were out there about 8 years ago.

Even if my two points above were NOT the case, I don't think that guys suspecting a FTM in the bathroom are likely to react with the same . . . hostility. . . that women finding a MTF in the bathroom might be inclined to. Forgive my being less than PC with the following, but I am try to put myself (and you) into the minds of others. Guys don't worry about "perverted" women sneaking into their bathroom to sneak a peak or anything else. Pretty sure most men have the attitude "Bring 'em on!"

Please trust me on this, I wouldn't knowingly give bad advice to a fellow TG - Guys do NOT pay attention in the bathroom, make it a POINT not to pay attention there, and most certainly will never exit the bathroom while telling someone else "Hey, that guy pees weird and I think he may be a woman!".

Even if my two points above were NOT the case, I don't think that guys suspecting a FTM in the bathroom are likely to react with the same . . . hostility. . . that women finding a MTF in the bathroom might be inclined to. Forgive my being less than PC with the following, but I am try to put myself (and you) into the minds of others. Guys don't worry about "perverted" women sneaking into their bathroom to sneak a peak or anything else. Pretty sure most men have the attitude "Bring 'em on!"
    Yep. I know I've been clocked a couple of times at least (they give me a sort of sideways glance, looking at me while trying not to) but no one has ever said anything to me. I've had more issues trying to use the women's restrooms, in recent months.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

Hey Dave, I'm sure its not really an issue adn men will most likely not even think one way opr the other about it. I have personally also thought the same thing while in the stall myself. I pass really well and would hate for my pee to give me away LOL.
    SHUT UP AT LEAST THE BUNNIES ARE ON FIRE!!!

No worries Dave, really.
    My ex had a prostate problem and had to sit to go no matter what and because of sometimes enlargement, it probably didn't always 'sound right'. He *never* worried about the other people in there too - they had their own business to concentrated on.
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

Ronaldo Explosivo halfman_halfamazing's Avatar
    ive found a way in both men and womens' restrooms. i get embarrased in the ladys' room cuz it just sounds gross. anyway to avoid such a problem a scoot up far enough nothing exactly hits the water directly and instead slides down.
    my problem is actually legs in the mens' room.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~Ron is like, like...half man half amazing...no doubt ~
    it's okay Justin Bieber, I'm 21 and my voice is barely changing too.

Or am I just worrying unnecessarily - would other guys even notice the difference in sound?

Dave
    Dave,

Sounds like you got your answers from those who should know. Personally, I never thought about it. If somebody is that into keeping an ear on what's going on in the next stall, then I can only pity them 'cause they seriously need a life.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    If somebody is that into keeping an ear on what's going on in the next stall, then I can only pity them 'cause they seriously need a life.

LOL well said!
    SHUT UP AT LEAST THE BUNNIES ARE ON FIRE!!!

Frankly, I think most guys purposely ignore other guys in the rest room because they don't want to appear interested in another guy in this somewhat intimate(?) closeness which might indicate that they were not a normal guy.
    So the bottom line is don't worry about someone thinking your pee sound is odd.
    Now if you're cutting about fifty farts every time you do it, that might be a different matter.

Semi Sane innocent angel

However, I do have a certain amount of paranoia about the way my pee sounds. I know that might sound stupid, but I'm very aware that the sound of my pee is completely different from the sound of most other guys' pee hitting the toilet bowl. I've tried masking it by flushing the toilet, but that generally doesn't give me long enough to do what I need to do. I've tried putting loo roll down the loo to stop the noise, but that's not very effective - plus, it's a waste of paper! I end up having to exercise extreme control in just letting it trickle out, and even then I get paranoid that the length of the pee will give me away.

So, has anyone got any ideas how I can overcome this? It's not so bad in a big, busy toilet where there's lots of people going in and out, and plenty of taps, hand dryers etc to mask the sound, but in a small place with maybe just one cubicle, I get really worried about it.

Any tips or suggestions would be welcome. Or am I just worrying unnecessarily - would other guys even notice the difference in sound?

Dave
    Dear Dave, trust on this. If you are in the bathroom and some guy is listening to the sound of you peeing, you have another problem. Thats some thing guys just don't pay attention to.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Dave I gotta say that is just not something to which guys pay attention. I will admit, however, I have experienced the same thoughts/apprehension in reverse when I'm using the ladies room. Don't even think about it. As others have said, if someone is paying that much attention to the sound you may have other problems.

Now if you're cutting about fifty farts every time you do it, that might be a different matter.
    For that you will either receive an award or get booted out of the room.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

If ytou're a guy and you're embarrassed about anything, it's easy.. You whistle. Tunelessly. As long as necessary...

IME experience, female plumbing tends to make you empty your bladder very quickly, in comparison to a GM - presumably that's what you're meaning? Don't squeeze so hard, for a start?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Well no else may notice but i do. I HAVE to make sure it is hitting the water and push for several hard squirts instead of the one long ahhhhhhhhhh, and of course you gots to grab the handful of paper, most guys don't wipe

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller