I never thought of this happening , but it certainly is very real as I,ll bet most folk who are uncomfortable with girls like us and who are spiteful would do enjoy doing this . Theyd probably get a "kick " out of embarressing a poor soul . They,d certainly get a "kick" outta me - right in the family allowance if in range.
Strange , but when my hair was long ( looked like Robert Plants till I stupidly cut it of in denial ) I had many a confrontation with guys...... I remember standing at a bar , jeans , black Motorhead t-shirt , hair down ( was blonde with a pure white streak on the left side ) waiting to be served . Some guy sitting with 3 girls ( all middle aged ) loudly asked - " Oi , you married ?" When I calmy replied " yes mate , hows that do I know you ?" he flew across the room squared up to me like a caveman .Making remarkds on how his partner hated long hair. His wife , or girlfriend or whatever told him not to be silly and sit down . I then heard one of the other girls remark on how good condition my hair was . THe guy just sat there scewing me up , scowling . The three girls all a rather shade of embaressed red. I did feel for em so I decided to find a drink elsewhere.....
So I drank my beer , and left .
Hair today , gone tommorrow.
As I walked out the door I looked back , the guys partner ( I presume ) sheepishly waved and smiled ......he launched into her with a right mouthful ....poor girl.
I mean , why look out and cause trouble .....just because of how someone looks ???

Good thread.