Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you defend a crossdresser

little place called Delaware, southerly from Philly Pa.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulaN View Post
    I have never had to. I hope that I would if I needed to.
    I would hope that I do the right thing. I've never been in that particular situation before, but having put up with that kind of nonsense most of my life about other things I did raise my kids to be be respectful of others even if they did not know them.

If you wouldn't - would you want anybody to defend YOU?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

it depends...

While I'll admit it is entirely possible that people I consider friends would whisper jokes in our group of friends I doubt they would let the person over hear. If any of them walked up and was rude to the CD they probably wouldn't be my friend anymore. This is not limited to transgender issues for me, but anything. I would point out that they are doing something that makes them happy/compelled to do. So, yes, I would defend them.

Now I ask you. Do my friends have the right to think CDing is silly and make a remark? I think they do. I have a friend who is very religious. I consider myself "spiritual" and, to me, religion can be rather silly. It would be hypocritical of me to denounce my freinds for thinking CDing is silly when I hold something that makes them happy/they are compelled to do as silly.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

Yes I would and have. I didn't for a long time. But I am tired of it myself and feels others must be to so I open my mouth.

Tiffany
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Most certainly I would, even if it came to outing myself to do so. The narrow minded bigotry of some people really pi**es me off and I am known to express my honest opinions.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

I have defended a crossdresser. I've been in that situation before. I told the people I was with, It probably took a lot of guts for her to come out today. They thought I was just joking, b/c I used to be the clown of the group. However, I was very serious. I was also thinking, I wish I had enough guts to come out like that.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    Completely to the defense. It can be done in a way to not put anyone down and not revel yourself.
    This is what I'd do as well.
    Dana Ryan

I don't have friends who'd do such a thing, & all know about me.
    Without question I'd defend the person. The closest I've come is once in boy-mode seeing a CD get on a bus ( I was toward the back, she was up front ) & I watched & listened, getting ready to speak up if anyone said something. No-one did. After she got off, one guy made mention of being aware of a sports person who used to be a man, without any negative words or tone in his voice ( & there wasn't a negative reaction to that ).
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 08-17-2008 at 01:25 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    As much as I can even be shocked or dismayed at someone's dress--be they cd or just someone dressed oddly (and no I'm not saying that all cd's or what have you dress oddly)--but I would absolutely defend them. I believe all people have a right to be as they want to be, it does not hurt anyone.

Kew's 2
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

You're god damned right I'd back up a fellow CD'er despite my reputation. I might come off as a cold hearted person but you know I'd support and back up a fellow CD'er.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I would and have MANY times in the past ten years... and will continue to do so.

[SIZE=4]The question to yourself should be expanded to "..would you defend a woman or a minority" . If you are one of those that accept negative statements from "friends" about others why let it stop with CDs? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Everyone has the right to their own personality, heaven knows that there are plenty of people that will criticize everyone else because of their own insecurities.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]So the answer is, yes, I will and have defended CDs, TGs, women, disabled people, and minorites all my life. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]If you "hang out" with people that make those types of remarks, I question your true acceptance of who you are. If the people that make those remarks are merely work associates or whatever, then that is the time to establish where you stand on such issues. Don't let bullies take over and bully you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Sorry, got on my soap box again..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicainme View Post
    I was wondering if you would defend a cross dresser or not. Let's say that you were out with a group of friends and they spotted a man all dressed up and they started to make fun of him. Would you go along with them or defend that persons right to dress.
    Of course I will defend that CD. If my so-called "friends" turn against me then, I'll say them goodbye. I don't need primitive friends with prejudices.

You better beleive I would. And I hope if I'm ever in that situation that some some kind soul would do the same for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bah-bah-bobbie View Post
    . . . "Sad part is I think he's prettier than your wife." . . .
    OK, now THAT was TOO funny!

Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    . . . The question to yourself should be expanded to "..would you defend a woman or a minority" . . .
    Tamara, that's the second post of yours in a week that's made me wanna give you a hug. Let's face it, if we as cross dressers are not the most open minded people and most accepting of others who are different, then something is seriously wrong with us.

Absolutely I would. I have been ridiculed almost all my lofe. And can't stand when anyone else is put in that position.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Outreach

If you think about it, this is a great moment to educate people that your around you. Yes, In a confortable way explain what the public needs to know about respecting the Transgendered or CDers lifestyle. In order to educate the public we need them to Understand the sitution, it is a good opportunity to improve our social exceptance and make changes in a small way!

We have the POWER to make a difference !
    Carissa
    Last edited by Carissa B.; 08-17-2008 at 01:41 PM.

I did last year after a mouthy newsagent had a go about a c/der who,d been his shop at the same time as me. [I was wearing my work clothes at the time, not an obvious c/der myself]
    I,d do it again too, even if it meant getting my hands "dirty"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie_1048 View Post
    I would hope that I do the right thing. I've never been in that particular situation before, but having put up with that kind of nonsense most of my life about other things I did raise my kids to be be respectful of others even if they did not know them.
    Absolutely !!!
    Hugs,

Christi

Ivy
    I would always defend a person being physically attacked, but there was a time when I wasn't sure in my head if I would defend someone against comments or an off-hand remark by someone in a private situation, but I know now that I would.

Still, part of the reason there are so many of us in the closet is that we don't stick up for ourselves as a group publicly.

Good question Jessica and I guess alot easier for me to stand up and say yes I definitely would do. Infact I'd probably go over and talk to her too. Most of my friends know that I used to do a dressing service for CDs and that I have many CD friends. They dont however, know about my partner but I doubt theyd be surprised at anything that they found out about me.
    I have actually stood my ground at work when people have been having a go at CDs and mocking them because any kind of discrimination doesn't sit easy with me and being quite an outspoken person anyway I always have my say.
    I guess for a CD it would be fairly difficult because she wouldn't want to give anything away and might feel a tad uncomfortable with it. But for me the only thing they could possibly suspect is that Jay Dresses and to be honest I'm past caring what anyone else thinks any way. Life is way too short as it is.
    Take care
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]The question to yourself should be expanded to "..would you defend a woman or a minority" . If you are one of those that accept negative statements from "friends" about others why let it stop with CDs? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Everyone has the right to their own personality, heaven knows that there are plenty of people that will criticize everyone else because of their own insecurities.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]So the answer is, yes, I will and have defended CDs, TGs, women, disabled people, and minorites all my life. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]If you "hang out" with people that make those types of remarks, I question your true acceptance of who you are. If the people that make those remarks are merely work associates or whatever, then that is the time to establish where you stand on such issues. Don't let bullies take over and bully you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Sorry, got on my soap box again..[/SIZE]
    Kudos to you Tamarav! I've said before and I will say it again. Bigotry in any form is a black mark on all humanity. I have seen people cautiously laugh at derogatory comments about others. If they are doing so just to "fit in" without causing a stir, then shame on them. If you cannot rise to the defense of difference, then at least invalidate bad behavior with signs of contempt rather than approval.

Joining Tamarav on her soapbox.

Babette

Quote Originally Posted by Babette View Post
    Kudos to you Tamarav! I've said before and I will say it again. Bigotry in any form is a black mark on all humanity. I have seen people cautiously laugh at derogatory comments about others. If they are doing so just to "fit in" without causing a stir, then shame on them. If you cannot rise to the defense of difference, then at least invalidate bad behavior with signs of contempt rather than approval.

Joining Tamarav on her soapbox.

Babette
    Yes I have to admit Babette, the one thing that really gets to me is people who sit on the fence. I would rather they totally disagree with me because in my eyes its pure cowardice.
    Bev

Silver Member
    I most definately would! I have defended cd's in general during disscussions with co-workers on this subject. When doing this I was not been put down myself or asked if I was a cd. This ridicule of cd's is a result of the ignorance of most of the population and this is so sad.

I would defend a fellow CDer, and already have, I say to the criticiser, they are not harming anybody, and I am sure you have skeletons in your closet you would not want anybody to know. Last winter I stood up to a bully at the store who wanted to kick my ass for wearing a dress, I stood nose to nose with the jerk and said bring it on. he backed down in a hurry and ran away. I was wearing a dress and 3 inch heels when I stood him down. I detest bullies and I will kick ass if I see some jerk physically hurting a tg or anybody else.