Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you defend a crossdresser

Would you defend a crossdresser

I was wondering if you would defend a cross dresser or not. Let's say that you were out with a group of friends and they spotted a man all dressed up and they started to make fun of him. Would you go along with them or defend that persons right to dress. Even if it meant that they would make fun of you. I was at the mall with my wife and she said see that woman, that's a guy..all I could say was (Well she looks happy). And pretty nice She knew him from work.
    I hope that I would have the courage to stand up for what is right. Has anyone been in that situation before?

Jessica

Gold Member
    Not really. I mean I have heard my dad point out CDs before [not loudly] but he seems to have some weird fascination with us [except me, god forbid HIS son is CD.]

Honestly, I think if it were my non CD friends, I would probably say something to embarras the laugher. If said friend were to give the CD a hard time to where she could hear it, I would say "If you get your ass kicked by a man in a dress, I ain't doin sh*t, I will let you get your ass whooped."
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Can't say I've been in that particular situation. I would go up and visit with that person if at all possible, meaning I wasn't across the mall and going the opposite direction. By the time I turned and started that direction they would have turned and or left as it happen once. Since I do stand up for same sex marriage publicly I would stand up for her and would stand next to her.
    HUGS Sandra

Completely to the defense. It can be done in a way to not put anyone down and not revel yourself.

I have, several times at work. We've had a CD or two come in and get criticized, I'm always the person that defends them.
    "I know perfectly well I'm not where I should be"

Absolutely I would defend her. The urge to be protective is one of my masculine traits that I'm very proud of.
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar

Exclamation

[SIZE=4]I absolutely have done so. I first lectured to a group of young boys. Later I lectured to a group of 17-20 yr olds. I won't put up with anyone making fun of CD's or TS's.

It is usually thru sheer ignorance of both conditions of life.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

Smile

[SIZE="3"]I would defend a CD to the death and if meant outing myself then so be it xx [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    I have done so with a few words to my friends. Didn't have to out myself, but did opine that all of us are god's children and there was no reason to feel threatened. That made the sarcasm melt and the comments stopped.

Aspiring Member
    Yes, without a doubt about it.

I'm almost 100% sure that none of my friends would PUT me in that situation. I've had conversations with them about TG and CD stuff (it has just come up in conversation a few times when talking about people we've known or used to work with, etc). I think they are all tolerant 'live and let live' people.

But... if I WAS ever out and in that situation, I would like to think that I would do the right thing. At the very least, just say something like 'come on, leave her alone...' and not let their 'fun' continue.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Years ago, I never stood up when my friends poked fun at anyone. But now I'd stand up for anyone. No matter who they were. It's just not right to act that way.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    Honestly, I think if it were my non CD friends, I would probably say something to embarras the laugher. If said friend were to give the CD a hard time to where she could hear it, I would say "If you get your ass kicked by a man in a dress, I ain't doin sh*t, I will let you get your ass whooped."
    I love that.
    I have defended a CD or two before and will still do it
    Drumming, My other hobby

I have never had to. I hope that I would if I needed to.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Coda...

Thumbs up

Yes or anyone being treated unfairly. I've done so in the past despite never having dressed myself before. I don't like that sort of behavior, and I would consider different friends...

I have done so in subtle ways when I was with my manager eating lunch at a Mexican restaurant where a TG waits the tables. He made a few derogatory comments quietly where only I could hear him. I responded with something along the lines of "Hey, what ever makes them happy." or "They aren't hurting anyone". Doesn't take a lot of courage when done in a subtle way.
    Had he been louder or say something directly to the TG to hurt her feelings I would have become "un-subtle" in a hurry.
    One of the hardest things for me to handle is feeling ashamed of myself. I like to think that I am a decent person that will usually do "the right thing" these days, but I have done things in my life I'm ashamed of. It makes me feel awful and lasts forever, so I don't wish to add anything new to the "I'm ashamed of that" list. Letting someone mistreat another TG, or anyone for that matter, where I had the ability to intervene would be a huge new thing to add to that already too large list, and I just couldn't tolerate it.

Junior Member paula jessica rains's Avatar

yes i would

yes i would because i feel that it is a right we all have......................jessica rains

I work it sideways, like saying, "Shhh, someone will call the cops on us", or, "It must suck to go through life like that". Usually, they shut up right away.

I have done so in the past and will continue to do so. It can be done well without puting yourself in jeopardy. A while back I was sitting with some friends at sidewalk cafe when a poorly dressed cd walked by. The derogatory remarks started. I stated that it is the person's right to do as they wish and that they weren't hurting anyone. I also stated to my friends that there are many people walking around that look what they consider as normal that they would really have to fear. That put a stop to it.

Jodi

I've never experienced that with the exception of my brother-in-law. But he changed his opinion of alternative life-style people after he found out that his son was gay. I don't really have a whole bunch of friends outside of the lgbt community and they're pretty open minded.

Two guys at work were childishly talking about transexuals, relating the horror they would go thru if they discovered they had taken a ts home, laughing hysterically, the whole bit. I said, "A transexual who's had the surgery could easily be detected by a doctor, but I gurantee you, you would never know the difference." One of them said, incredulously, "REALLY?" I calmly said, "Absolutely".

They both suddenly looked rather worried

It's a no-brainer. I'd defend any trans person in a heartbeat.

Hugs,

Melissa
    Last edited by Melissa A.; 08-16-2008 at 09:01 PM.

In my situation, the people that I would be with already know that I am a CD and would not make those coments. I don't think that they would do so if I were not around.
    That being said, in the event that I were privey to such comments, I would definately and without hesitation, take on the task of defender of the gender!

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Short answer, you bet I would any day, but as always, it depends on the situation.

The OP seemed to be addressing the situation of seeing a stranger in public who was being harassed as CD, while YOU were in male mode.

It's never happened to me, but judging from my personality, I would be not one to make a scene, with loud yelling, or speeches directed at others, but rather to, turn around, and confront the transgendered person in one way or another. Gentley and politely, to let them know I understand. That I'm like that too.

I might make a new friend that way. It's better than making another enemy, and the trolls pretty much pass by and go away anyways.

Again, just me.
    Last edited by SweetCaroline; 08-16-2008 at 09:17 PM.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

The TS subject has come up with me at different times with different groups. Depending on the situation and my mood I have said one or a combonation of the following;

That was a guy wearing that dress? Well he certainly has the legs for it.

everyone needs a hobby.

Don't knock it till you try it.

Sad part is I think he's prettier than your wife.

You're just jealous 'cause he' prettier than you.

I have to respect that guy. He's my dad.

It does not affect the gas mileage of my car. It does not threaten my job security. It does not affect the interest rate of my bank account or my mortgage. It does not hinder my kids education. It does not hinder my education. I don't care who is wearing what.
    Remember: You are unique. Just like veryone else

yes and proud to

yes and I recently had taken my son to pridefest in wilkesbarre Pa and he didnt seme to notice the drag queens and guys and girls holding hands it was a good morning . he liked the music that was playing club stuff . he also helped me pick out a pride smilieface flag . that was grate . wont tell the exwife though .