Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Mind Being Called a ...???

Banned Read only

Do You Mind Being Called a ...???

New girl PhoebeGB and Kehleyr (who we've missed for a while, I think) both said something in another thread that got me thinking....

Phoebe's signature says "you CAN call me Babe!". And Kehlyr posted that many TS women do not like be referred to as a "gurl" because they are "girls".

So...two different questions for Cds and for trans-women...

In conversation, do you mind being called "sweetie" or "darlin'" or "Honey" or "babygirl" or "Babe" or any other of those little personal endearments that many of us (including myself) use?

and...maybe a little more seriously...

Do you mind being referred to as a "gurl" in any situation?

I absolutly hate being called a gurl!! Just sounds demeaning to me... Anything else is fine... Being called Karren is perferable..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Junior Member paula jessica rains's Avatar

i don't mind

i don't mind but i like being called a woman insted of a man and babygril is fine by me if i reaily like the guy......................jessica rains
    paula jessica rains

CD - Here on the forum any of those is fine to me.

Out in the world, I love it when I am called sweetie, etc by females, whenever I am enfemme or in drab.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

GypsyKaren
    I worry about much more important things than what people call me, like which pair of socks to wear that day. I dare say you'll find some who find being referred to as Mother Theresa offensive, so trying to be PC for everyone is impossible, I'll just stick with the socks issue.

Karen Starlene

gurl makes me feel a little funny, but only when its written. means you're not a girl proper, but i spose really, transwoman is a little different from woman.

don't mind all girlies, hunnies, sweeties ect. hell i use them all the time to the straight peeps i know. they're a bit cute, and i think they just think i'm being silly when i use them.

so to answer your question sweetums, i'm anything you want me to be x

(except "sir"! i bloody hate sirs, misters, mates ect)

I enjoy being called Samantha. And I don't mind "honey" and "babe" and all that stuff. I didn't know that some people had a thing for calling m to f CD'rs "gurls" until 2004 when I started to have a peak at various CD forums and websites including this one.
    Last edited by Samantha B L; 08-18-2008 at 06:30 AM.

Platinum Member
    lol i have been called about every thing so no matter................

I'm called a whole helluva lot worse than that in male mode, so I suppose any of the aforementioned "names" is a good thing!!

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar

Just don't call me a taxi!

[SIZE=4]I like all the endearing terms for women, and I like being called Ms N very much. I have even been called Mrs. N.before I changed my name which gave me a chuckle.

I can't tell the difference when spoken between gurl or girl, so guess I don't mind. Writing I prefer girl or woman.

I would hate to be called SIR (hasn't happened yet since my Epiphany except once and the waitress said she just calls everyone sir automatically some times and apologized.

Over the phone I am called sir until I correct them if they don't know me already. Sorry my voice to the uninitiated will sound more male than female.

I use sweety, honey, etc. for all the gg's I know.

EDITED: No offense intended to male CD's here, but I would not like someone to think I was a male CD or a guy in a dress or skirt. I have wondered if male CD's resent being thought of as transwomen or "trannies"? Might be a good thread subject.

Edit 2 8-21: I also like being called Miss Lainie, my eye dr's ofc does that.
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Empress Lainie; 08-20-2008 at 10:27 AM.
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

No matter what you call me, just don't call me late for dinner.

I don't care for the word Gurl. calling me a GIRL is fine or sweetie or honey. I really can't see anyone calling my a babe at my age.
    Angie

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I have no problems with any of those terms and as long as Gurl is used correctly I have no problems. I have been getting allot of Miss Victoria. I do remember the first time I was caled mam in public and I felt great.

Ivy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonianne View Post
    CD - Here on the forum any of those is fine to me.
    It is different here, I don't mind it so much.

I don't like it when strangers call me "baby". I'm not big on all the cutesy words, but whatever works for each person is ok. "Tranny" is a word that's fine for me here, but not okay for some stranger (unless they are a tranny or show me respect first).

Femme terms of endearment

I love them all

I suggest that when getting a hold of me, you do not refer to me as a "gurl" or "hon". I dislike these terms like you cannot believe.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

I don't care much for gurl. Everything else is okay.

Karen Sue

I'm happy with most of them. I always take them in the sense of one woman speaking to another.

However, until this thread came along I wan't really aware of the correct definition of "gurl". It seems it means a young person of either sex.

I'm not young and I prefer to be considered female. So I won't be using the term anymore.

Luv

Susan

Gold Member
    All those terms of endearment I don't mind. "Baby girl" might bother me cause it sounds ghetto.

So this word "gurl", is it pronounced like the normal "girl". Is it one of those online leet speak terms? Help me out here...

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    No matter what you call me, just don't call me late for dinner.
    She ain't joking, I called her "Late for dinner" once and she drove all the way from Ohio and we duked it out in the front yard of my place!
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    Actually the middle English definition of gurl was a young person of either gender..

i haven't been called a "gurl" yet, but i don't think i would like it. however, i do know someone who calls me "doll" and i love it. makes me feel all cute inside. she started calling me that before i told her about my dressing and when she heard the news, she just broke out laughing about the doll thing. i think it's sweet.

Names that cannot hert me...

My greatest moment was when in a shop and the male assistant asked "Can I help you madam?" hard not to break the pass as I went week at the knees - and me a "Glamorous GrannY!". Do remember all I do live in the UK - hence the Madam.

I hate gurl but that again might be my being a Brit.

Jane is my favourite as that is me - all over.

Madam is a bit too formal - but lovely when out in a shop.

Too old for Miss - shame!

Anything polite and fem will do.

Love,

Jane

Never been called gurl,guess if it comes across as a term of endearment or just in an ok way,then no problem as with most others
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

Silver Member
    The terms gurl and girl sound the same when spoken so the only time you are being called gurl is when it is written. I always wondered where this term originated from and assumed it referred to a tgirl. I do not mind being called any of these cute girly terms. If I ever travel to Britain I hope no one calls me a 'bloke'. Not being a Brit I find this term confusing.

Variations

Chick. Chik. Do FTM 's get upset by being called "Boi" ? I haven't heard them complain. I always assumed "Gurl" was a general spelling for cd "girls", so as not to confuse people. I have spelled it "gurl". Will I be sent to the dungeon ?
    I hope not. I still have cookies left to eat.