Thread: Garters and Stockings??

Garters and Stockings??

Let me say that I do own a few garter belts and several pairs of stockings but I do not often wear them because for one thing the darn garters will slide down my waist and then the stockings won't stay up. I was talking to my girlfriend last night and she told me she loves it when I wear garters and thinks they are sexy. We talked about trying to find a good quality garter belt that would fit me and I was thinking of ordering some opera length full fashion nylon stockings hoping they would stay in place. Does anyone have any suggestions? My thoughts are that the full fashioned ones would stay in place better it I get the correct size over the regular stretch ones that tend to sag on your legs. What does everyone here wear??

thi-hi's are the best thing ever invented!

Make sure you don't buy them too small because you'll need to stretch them to get them up where they belong and as you walk around the elasticity of them will tend to shrink them down around the feet. I always buy the long or queen size and no longer have that problem. Thi hi's are my stocking of choice as they also afford easy access! Oh so GOOOD!

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    Are the garters sliding down because they are being pulled down or are they just not tight enough?
    Maybe get one made of something that will stick to your waist better?

I have a waist cincher that has detachable garters. I don't know if you are into things like that but if you don't mind being tucked in I think it's a great way to go.
    I've never used the actual garter strap thingies though so I don't know.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibuki_Warpetal
    I have a waist cincher that has detachable garters. I don't know if you are into things like that but if you don't mind being tucked in I think it's a great way to go.
    Guynheels,

Here's a link to a quality open bottom Waist Cincher Garter Belt . I have a black one that I bought almost 3 years ago and it has lasted well with regular use.

Jadeanne

Dancing With Unicorns Sarah Ellis's Avatar
    Is it not simply that the 'male' body does not really have the hips to hang it on. A clincher would help somewhat but try to get one that fits right.. Its trial and error in some cases.. I prefer pantyhose myself.

Satin xxx
    "There's a place for us.
    A time and a place for us.
    Hold my hand and I'll take you there.
    Somehow, someday, somewhere."

mrs.highheels

Smile garter belts and stockings

get a garter belt that has 6 straps and one that you can ajust in the back(hook and eye ,or tie in the back)they have always worked for me. my wife and i both ware them and we to think they are oh so sexy and feel so good. stay happy michellejean(mrs.highheels)

I usually buy stay up stockings but wear a garter belt too. I think both help.

FranklyNaughty
    A garterbelt and stockings...a fashion combination I rarely dress without. As Satin pointed out, for most guys, the difference between their waist and hip measurements just isn't large enough to hold the garterbelt itself in place. With my particular shape, I happily find that I can wear most garterbelts comfortably and with confidence. You might try buying the smallest waist size that you can get into. I have found that thicker and wider garter straps tend to stay at the length you set them, and I insist on metal (rather than plastic) snaps for attaching to my stockings. I've found that long/large sized stockings with a lycra/spandex content of at least 10% stay up really well, even during an entire evening of dancing.

I've purchased nice garterbelts at different times from Sears, Carson's (Chicago area), Penney's, and Victoria's Secret, and ordered online from http://www.stockingshq.com. The stockings are pretty easy to find anywhere, like I just recently bought a nice pair of black back-seam stockings at Walmart!

I assume you're wearing the garterbelt UNDER your panties, next to your skin? It will make a difference, to say nothing of the convenience.

Frankie