Thread: Any ideas for Arizona

Any ideas for Arizona

I have vetured a bit further from the mailbox since my last post. I have been to the gas station several times now and my most daring adventure has been to the movie rental store ... but only as far as the drop box . I have even passed by one or two people (yikes) but it was ok. I'm 6'2" barefoot and always though that would draw too much attention but even in heels I have felt comfie in my limited brief outing.

I am tempted to try somewhere else to go. Most likely the movies. I even bought some jeans just for the occasion but the thought of talking to someone petrifies me.

The advice I have gotten so far on this forum has been truly helpful so I'm asking for any helpful recommendations.

Thanks
    ~Amanda
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Amanda_Robinson; 08-23-2008 at 02:06 AM. Reason: bad picture link

Go for it, you look great from what I can see in your pictures. You are definately passable, and I know you can go further than you have so far. So go out and have fun!

same here...no matter how passable I feel or actually look, my voice just isn't right yet and it's a problem - it's teriifying. Normally I go out with my wife or other cders and try not to talk to others very much. What I've found however, is that if you try to learn to speak and act feminine then passing while talking will become a bit easier even though your voice may not pass at all.

This sounds strange I know but it's based on my observation of others and their mannerisms. I've been out with CDers who acted basically like "men in dresses" and it was pretty obvious that all they had going for them was "strength in numbers." But I've observed how real women interact with others and although some of them also act like "men in dresses" the majority have a demeanor and presentation that, when emulated, helps me pass altogether.

Basically, I try to act like a "well mannered and classy" lady and I actually feel more comfortable and present much better. Im not saying that you or anyone else doesn't try to do this already but I am saying that I learned that it takes conscience effort - at least it did for me. :-)
    Susan

Hi Amanda,

You look great with your pretty smile! I bet before long you'll be going everywhere, having the time of your life. Life is too short to spend a lot of time worrying about what strangers may think.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I don't think you need worry about it hun whisper and say you have laryngitis.
    Angie

You look great Amanda, if I were you I wouldn't worry one bit about where you go. As for your height, I'm 6"5 in stocking feet so don't worry about it. I may get more second looks but I've never had a negative response from people. Get out there girl and enjoy. Be confident and I daresay most people won't give you a second look, except to check out that hot girl.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Me, too

Hey! I'm from Arizona also.

I am almost 6' myself and have the same problem (or so I perceive). I do the malls such as Arizona Mills on a crowded day. However, I also have done Payless Shoe stores and the girls there just don't seem to mind - if they notice at all.

There is a Tri-Ess chapter, Alpha Zeta, but it seems to have fallen on hard times last I looked. There is also a group called TG Harmony ( http://www.tgharmony.com/ ) which seemed to be a bit more up and coming when I was into that scene.

Actually, I live in Cottonwood and there is nowhere to go there.

Are a Phoenix person?

Have you looked at http://urnotalone.com/ ? There are well over 200 other TG from Arizona on that site, including myself.

I am rarely in Arizona even though it is home but perhaps we can have lunch some day. In any dress mode.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

Silver Member
    You look very cute Amanda and IMO would "blend in". Keep your confidence and comfort levels high where ever you go! As for your voice, try reading out loud as a girl, then call a womans store/department and ask if they have a dress, perfume, whatever - just to converse with someone in femme mode. You can always hang up. It all takes practice, practice, practice.