Thread: Burning man en femme

Member having fun. Sophia de la luz's Avatar

Burning man en femme

Going off to the high desert of Nevada next week. A male friend of mine invited me to go. I had just started crossdressing, so I'm using it as an opportunity/ excuse to acquire outfits (daytime and nighttime, hot and cold weather) and just generally try on this whole thing.
    I will not be bringing any male clothes. Even for the drive there and back. I'm very excited. My wife has given me the green light for safe fun. So, who knows what will happen?

Any thoughts on what I should wear, what I should do etc.?
    Sophia

Shorts, skirts, dresses, capris, jeans, blouses, lots of sandals, some heels, jacket, sweater......Girl, you need to do some shopping. Don't forget your make-up and lots of fresh razors. Kudos to your buddy for letting you indulge this side of yourself. Have fun.

Banned Read only
    Sophia...Roberta put up a Burning Mna thread a little while ago...Here it is...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/....php?p=1375946

Maybe you can hook up with a few girls from here!

Oh! don't forget to take pictures...

I've always wanted to go to Burning Man and live close enough to do it. However I would know a lot of the media there, including friends. Make being Alice there a bit difficult, but I will most likely go next year. I might bring a change or two and play it by ear. Let us know how it goes.

Sounds like a great oppurtunity to develop another part of your persona. Take whatever you want, cuz how can you be wearing anything in-appropriate at Burning Man? Take care, and have lots of fun!
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

I went for several years, until they started charging. Bring lots of water and sunscreen, like SPF1000.

Have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't get clever old man! Now take us to dress barn!

check YouTube for videos of it so you can get a good idea of what it's like ( & how to prepare ). Someone I know went last year & they had a dust storm- everyone & everything got dust-covered.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie1 View Post
    Sounds like a great oppurtunity to develop another part of your persona. Take whatever you want, cuz how can you be wearing anything in-appropriate at Burning Man? Take care, and have lots of fun!
    Ain't that the truth! Sort of like what the Drag Racers call "Run Whatcha Brung...".

Someting for hot and cold weather Some rain gear. the big thing here is to enjoy hun. And we well need pics.
    Angie

Member having fun. Sophia de la luz's Avatar
    Thanks ladies for the encouragement.

My guy friends does support the experiment. "You won't be the only one. Just don't wear jeans... do something more feminine."

No make-up in my basket yet. Maybe I'll meet someone who can coach me on this stuff. I am taking lots of clothing. We're meeting for dinner the night before with friends of my friend and his girlfriend. That will be enfemme too. I'm kind of nervous.
    I've been warming up though. Wearing outfits as often as I can. Even worked out at the YMCA yesterday with my wife wearing a short black dress and athletic girl's shirt. I looked great. Most people didn't even notice. Some did. Ran into a friend who noticed. Seemed to go ok.

Getting to a place where it's just another facet of me.

[SIZE=4]I keep hearing stories about it, but the snipe hunting sorta slowed me down. Sounds like a great time, remember the sunscreen.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Your sis,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia de la luz View Post
    Thanks ladies for the encouragement.

My guy friends does support the experiment. "You won't be the only one. Just don't wear jeans... do something more feminine."

No make-up in my basket yet. Maybe I'll meet someone who can coach me on this stuff. I am taking lots of clothing. We're meeting for dinner the night before with friends of my friend and his girlfriend. That will be enfemme too. I'm kind of nervous.
    I've been warming up though. Wearing outfits as often as I can. Even worked out at the YMCA yesterday with my wife wearing a short black dress and athletic girl's shirt. I looked great. Most people didn't even notice. Some did. Ran into a friend who noticed. Seemed to go ok.

Getting to a place where it's just another facet of me.

Makeup + heat = a melt down. May someone here can advise on what can be worn in the heat.

I live in the high desert of Utah, the days will be hot and the nites can be on the cold side so be ready for both.

Wow!
    I've longed to go to BM for years. Maybe one day.... (sigh).
    You will have an absolutely brilliant time, I'm sure. Let us know how it went, with pictures if possible please!
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    Makeup + heat = a melt down. May someone here can advise on what can be worn in the heat.
    My personal experience is that makeup + perspiration actually feels worse than it looks -- in fact, my makeup has held up fairly well, even when the sweat works its way to the surface. But for extended exposure such as BM, I might be inclined to settle for eye and lip makeup during the day and do the full makeup in the evening. I sorta like the 'femme boy in a miniskirt' look sometimes. Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia de la luz View Post
    I will not be bringing any male clothes. Even for the drive there and back.
    One more thought -- I am so down with the total commitment thing, believe me, and I often go out with no boy clothes for backup. It just amps up the fun. But in this case -- a road trip plus an extended stay -- we can't always anticipate the curves life can throw at us, so I would probably toss a change of guy clothes in the bag just in case. But it would have to be something pretty serious to get me out of my skirt and into drab!! And traveling en femme is the only way to go, imo. Again, just a suggestion.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Wear something flame retardant! lol Wouldn't want it to become burning woman.

Anything goes there from what i've seen. This is not the place to try for a natural every day look. Many wear very little clothing. Must be due to the heat.

Gen

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Question from a Britgurl, What is 'Burning Man'?

It sounds like fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!