Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What clues do you give?

What clues do you give?

There is another thread on this site about spotting other crossdressers and it made me think about how easy it would be for anybody to guess that *I* am a CD when I'm not dressed.

I started to think about the 'clues' I might be giving off:
    Long hair (down my back)
    Pierced ears and earrings 24/7
    Shaved legs and arms
    Plucked eyebrows (not much...but enough)

I wonder if this is enough to give me away to somebody 'in the know'.

OK, to be fair there are probably a few things that counteract the clues.
    TERRIBLE fingernails and toenails (I just can't keep them nice)
    Lots of bruises, cuts and scrapes from active sports.
    Not the best wardrobe in male mode (most people would probably think "A crossdresser would probably dress better than THAT!")

What clues might YOU be giving off, even when you aren't dressed?
    Last edited by Cristi; 08-24-2008 at 11:31 PM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Perhaps my eyebrows also. They are nicely shaped for a change rather than bushy. Also, when I shop in guy mode, I try to look like I know what I amdoing rather than trying to look lost and bewildered.
    Kristen

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    Long hair.

Oddly enough, I have no leg hair at all. I did when I was younger, but somehow it all went away. I've never had a hormone workup, so I have no idea why ... possibly my body produces female hormones or something. I don't think it's Native American ancestry, because I have none that I know of.

The point being, when I go to the gym I wear shorts. Nobody has ever commented on my completely hairless legs. I'm sure when I get my ears pierced (sometime this fall) the combination of long hair, clean legs, and pierced ears will produce an impression.

But who cares?

What I'm wishing is that if someone were to come up to me while I'm being a guy and say, "Gee, you look kind of like a woman, a little," I'd have the courage to smile and say, "Oh, thanks!"

***Jenna Lynne***

My shaved legs, my shaved chest. My nearly hairless arms, my preoccupation with hanging out around The Lingerie Department at Penny's! It's like the words to the old song, "these foolish things remind me of you."

Seriously, 99.9% of the people in The World are so preoccupied and unobservant; I could have a neon sign over my head that proclaimed: "This is a crossdresser!" And, they still wouldn't figure it out.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Zero, nada, nyet, zip, nunca, unless u count catching me dressed!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    I am always putting out clues that I am a cd. I do this in hopes that other cd,s will pick up on this and say something to me. The most obvious thing is my long and meticulously minicured fingernails. They are always about 1/4" past my finger tips and have clear nail polish on them. Another clue I try to send is my plucked eye brows. They are thin and have that feminine look to them. Most of the time I am wearing a bra under my guy t-shirt and like to show just a hint of bra straps if one looks closely. So far no one has said anything to me. I think some people have noticed but chose to ignore it. This is a good reason to go out dressed en femme, those who pick up on it just don't care and don't say a thing about it. I am cool with this but want to know where are all the other cd's out there?

Aspiring Member
    I have to say I also have a hairless body with nipples that stand out more than what a normal male would have.
    I also use hair dye to keep that gray out of my hair.
    I also like using scented soap and wear perfume out and about.

Hi Crisi,
    For someone in the know the smallest of things could be a dead give away. Of course for someone who wasn't particularly looking for something and didn't suspect a thing you would have to present yourself almost dressed before the truth smacked them in the face.
    I can tell a mile off but then I have been involved in the CD community for years.
    Take care
    Bev

No clues here, in fact, I have surprised a few GGs in the past.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

I don't show any signs. I am probably the last man on earth you'd expect.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Earings are not a clue unless you are wearing femme style earings. I have two piercings in each ear.
    I f I am not paying attention, my walk can hint a bit.
    One other thing that might hint that I CD is saying that Thinks like "Do you have that dress in my size?"
    Drumming, My other hobby

Smile

Let me see , how about a nearly hairless body , both ears pierced , a great tan , very slim body ( but shapley ) and of course trimmed eye brows .

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Let's see. I'm very slender, but a bit tall to be a GG (6' in my stockings). Shaved legs (the hair on my lower legs pretty much wore away years ago and was never much in the first place), shaved underarms (hair is pretty sparse there, too), hair on forearms trimmed short and again, fine and sparse. Sparse chest hair that I keep shaved. Sparse eyebrows, but not shaped. Soft skin due to regular use of fem skin care products. Certain mannerisms such as holding a ciggy between my fingertips instead of beteen the first and second knuckles back. A propensity to be more emotional than a "normal" male usually is (I have been known to cry at sad movie scenes, for instance). If I sit here long enough I could think of a lot more "signs", but I have to go make breakfast now.

One more thing: When I sit I keep my knees together. If I cross my legs it's always knee over knee the way a GG does it, never ankle over knee the way a typical man would.
    Last edited by TommiTN; 08-25-2008 at 07:47 AM.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I know I do not give off clues, I do not shave my face smooth until I dress, I keep my legs saved and arm hair shaved and I wear shorts. The clues you gave would not make me think your a CD. I know some would say metro-sexual.

Former Member
    I don't give any clues.

Unless you consider shopping in the makeup section a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    I started to think about the 'clues' I might be giving off:
    Long hair (down my back)
    Pierced ears and earrings 24/7
    Shaved legs and arms
    Plucked eyebrows (not much...but enough)

I wonder if this is enough to give me away to somebody 'in the know'.
    All of those plus...

I recently gave a demo of Second Life to a few family members...my SL Avatar is female. Together with the above clues, I was expecting some sort of questioning and was almost prepared to out myself.

Their response ? "Hey cool avatar, love the dress !"

And that was all

I shave my legs pretty much every day and whenever I wear shorts I really don't think about it and just go about my normal business or activity.
    I've been around family, friends, and ordinary people and I don't try to make it obvious so I just let things be and if they notice fine.

Like what Joanie (Stering12) said, "99.9% of the people in The World are so preoccupied and unobservant" that they don't really notice unless you make a big deal out of it or act suspicious.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

I suppose i might give the odd clue,

plucked eyebrows

some times mascara
    eye shadow and liner
    nail varnish
    studs in the ears usually colored
    the way i look at skirts and dress`s in the shops ,

joanne

Chewies sister-moulted!
    If I still had my hair ( worst thing i did was cut it off ...think of Robert Plant - thats how mine was ) then I think I,d be a walking give away ..!
    My arms , legs and eyebrows are shaven and trimmed ....my nails are long .
    had the odd remark at work , but ...well ...what the heck ?

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    The clues I unwittingly give are what might out me as a tranny. My voice which I am fairly careful of, and which usually is no problem.

I was very wicked yesterday when I got gas. I had been in there for a few minutes talking to the counter lady and a guy, both of which assumed me to be a gg.

When I left, the counter girl said the pumps are ready now, sir. The sir was really not directed to me, but an automatic thing, I have had others tell me they do.

So I could not resist. I said: Ma'am please, I have been a woman now for 2 years (really 14months!). You should have seen the look on her face.
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

Your basic personality can give you away.
    I'm not gay but ever since I was young, SOME people have sensed something different about me.
    Certain women at the hosiery counter or a makeup store can smell me a mile away even though I say that I'm shopping for my wife.
    One time, I WAS shopping for my wife and the salesgirl was extremely persistant in claiming that the merchandise was for me.

Well, my low rise hipphugger jeans, wearing 7 rings and 2 necklaces, runners with very slight pink accents, totally hairless body, shaped brows, clear polish, and definetely my walk. I practiced it so much that it became normal, but no one has said anything yet.
    Last edited by Veronica 1; 08-25-2008 at 01:47 PM. Reason: additional information
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    Clue?....Col Mustard with the lead pipe in the Study

The only clues I might give when I'm in guy mode is my shaved legs and under my arms. When I'm wearing my guy shorts & tank tops,no one really notices. The two GG's lifeguards at the pool who are in their 20's are the only ones who I think noticed,but I don't think they would say anything.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

[SIZE=4]I had to think about this one. Since I am rarely in guy mode and out with others, I don't feel that I give off any clues. I don't wear any earrings or have polsihed nails and I don't wear shorts. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]So, no clues.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/