Thread: Visiting Chicago

Visiting Chicago

I'll be visiting Chicago again soon and was wondering if there are any places, focused on CDing, that I should look out for, I never bothered to look before so I just thought I'd ask...any suggestions?

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Try this website: findatgirl.com . They have a listing of friendly venues in various cities; Chicago is a big one. But be warned. There is more to this website than is immediately apparent, including a lot of stuff you may not want to be involved in, although you do need to join to see any of that stuff. I have not joined and won't.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Thanks Tammi, I'll take a look...

Hi Susan,

You'd expect that there would be a fair number of businesses catering to the T-community, but actually there aren't that many places to go here that have a T-focus. But there are some.

If you want to do some shopping, there's Transformations in the NW 'burbs, for wigs try Rachel's shop or Janna's.

A gay club popular with CD's on the weekend is Hunter's and if you'd ike to see Chicago's premiere drag show, then the Baton is the place to visit.

Check out the sites of the 2 bigger support groups for more links: Tri-Ess Chi chapter and the Chicago Gender Society.

Carol
    Last edited by Julogden; 08-25-2008 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Added more links
    My name is Carol.

Not so new... well sorta GINA-CD's Avatar
    Thanks for the tips. I'll be visiting Chicago too at the beginning of October so I'd appreciate any other word of advise you might want to share. I'll be there 3 or 4 days so I'll probably try to go out at least one day... that's what I'm thinking now but of course I'll think twice about it.
    I'll be ready when I'm ready

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

Theres no time to lose, I heard her say
    Catch your dreams before they slip away
    Dying all the time / Lose your dreams
    And you will lose your mind. / Aint life unkind?
    Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

Hi Gina, Carols' suggestions are fantastic, especially Transformations. You will love this store!And, I guarantee that they will make you feel so comfortable the minute you walk in.You might also try shopping in a neighborhood called "Andersonville". It's at Clark and Foster on the north side.Very safe area,very friendly, and lots of cool stores and bars/restaurants.Have fun!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Suggestions from local girls are always spot on. I'll make space in my agenda to go there. Thanks again for the comments.

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

must make time for sally anns corset shop and queens lingerie (those eplaces are beyond CD friendly)...salgers shoes is also CD friendly and has sizes up to elephant size....ive found that some stores in the western suburbs can be stale...99% of the others will love your business...have a safe trip

And thanks again Michelle. Just love how helpful people is around here!

Stop at Skyhigh Heels on Belmont Ave. Nice shoes and interesting customers. Ruby

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

Visiting Chicago

You forgot to check out "Island Girls" website, they are down in Blue Island and meet a a local bar on Wednesdays. They are pretty cool and friendly.

Island Girls website has some recommendations for clubs. One of them is Krave Club. Is it good or not? Safe to go there alone?

I've also heard about bars in the Gay neighborhood (Boystown), mainly the Circuit 2.0 and the Kit Kat Club. Are these safe? Is this neighborhood as gay friendly and safe for walking or it's just marketing?

Thanks for the advise girls.
    Last edited by GINA-CD; 09-24-2008 at 03:16 AM.

Gina,
    I saw your post on rori's message forum.... was going to let a few of the more local girls tell you about some places.
    Kit Kat Klub and Circuits 2.0 are on the north edge of 'Boy's Town'. 3700 N. Halstead for KKK. That is 1 block north of a police station at Addison and Halstead. It's p-r-e-t-t-y safe to walk there!!
    I and 6 girlfriends will be at KKK and probably Circuits this Saturday night. We might make the 4 block walk to 'Gentry's'.... depends on heel height!!!
    You posted at Rori's forum, no car.... so KKK and 'Boy's Town' is probably your best bet. Easier to get a cab there.
    Have fun in chi-town, I always do!!
    Lisa Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    Hi Susan,

You'd expect that there would be a fair number of businesses catering to the T-community, but actually there aren't that many places to go here that have a T-focus. But there are some.

If you want to do some shopping, there's Transformations in the NW 'burbs, for wigs try Rachel's shop or Janna's.

A gay club popular with CD's on the weekend is Hunter's and if you'd ike to see Chicago's premiere drag show, then the Baton is the place to visit.

Check out the sites of the 2 bigger support groups for more links: Tri-Ess Chi chapter and the Chicago Gender Society.

Carol
    The last time I was in Chicago was about five years ago, but I had a great time while I was there. I totally recommend Transformations-it's a great shop, the staff does fantastic work, and they're very helpful with where to find places to go and things to do.

I did go to Hunters, but I got lost on the way so I can't really tell you how I managed to get there! I did go to "Boystown" and everyone was very nice to me.

I do love Chicago and there is so much to see and do!
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

You're making me homesick! I got my start as Windy Cissy in Chicago, it's such a perfect place for crossdressing, I miss it! Used to love getting dolled up for shopping on Michigan Avenue, and there are all those wonderful museums where a single woman can wander for hours. You can take the girl out of Chicago, but you can't take Chicago out of the girl....

Quote Originally Posted by LisaElizabeth View Post
    Gina,
    I saw your post on rori's message forum.... was going to let a few of the more local girls tell you about some places.
    Yeah, I've been looking all over the web for recommendations.

Kit Kat Klub and Circuits 2.0 are on the north edge of 'Boy's Town'. 3700 N. Halstead for KKK. That is 1 block north of a police station at Addison and Halstead. It's p-r-e-t-t-y safe to walk there!!
    Good! then I know where it's safe for this girl to wander around.

I and 6 girlfriends will be at KKK and probably Circuits this Saturday night. We might make the 4 block walk to 'Gentry's'.... depends on heel height!!!
    I won't be in Chicago yet, but good luck!

You posted at Rori's forum, no car.... so KKK and 'Boy's Town' is probably your best bet. Easier to get a cab there.
    Have fun in chi-town, I always do!!
    Lisa Elizabeth
    Thanks Lisa. I'll have this in mind as priority 1.