Thread: SO yingyang and probably not to say at a wedding

SO yingyang and probably not to say at a wedding

My friend is getting married and I'm trying to pull some history together for a short speech. Years ago my friend and I dressed up on halloween (he is not a CDer...as far as I know). At my wedding, we had a photo album and someone stuck a photo of me dressed inside. I was embarrased and removed the photo asap, but some friends saw it and said it was cool. So no damage in the end, but it really made me mad inside because I felt disrespected and it burst my wedding day bubble a bit. Anyways, now I'm more experienced and have accepted that part of me although still not really out with it.

So I'm asking my wife what to say at me friends wedding and she says how about you tell that he dressed up as a woman?...I said no, I don't think that's really wedding stuff to say (my view is the wedding is a time to be positive and respectful to everyone) (maybe at the stag though?)...but she kept repeating it...so now I'm not sure what she thinks of CDing....is it just a joke to her? One reason I never really told her all about it...so she goes from saying things like it is okay if I like it, but then joking about it...hmmmm go figure. Well, she may be in for a shock this fall when I go all out!...(I've have decided to open up a bit, but...I hope I'm not in for a rough ride).

I think you've answered this yourself; he's your friend, and you're his best man. Saying something mildly embarrassing is expected - there should be ample to use from his stag night. However, you may suffer the backlash if you talk about him CDing. It might just give your SO an opportunity to tell all about your CDing....?
    If I cared enough about my friend, I wouldn't want to hurt him - just make him blush a little.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

Go with your first though he is your best friend, if the tables were turned would you want any thing said about you CDing who knows he might me a CD.
    My wife dose the samething to me I think it her way of copping.

Anna

You can to it without mentioning the CD part, just drop a hnit of a particular halloween in which he was not himself. He will blush and only a couple of people will know. Let him explain to his bride what you were toasting about.
    HUGS Sandra

If you think of yourself not as a CD and still doing the speech then I'm pretty sure you would mention it and it would not be embarassing for anyone. Just a laugh.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

It was Halloween and that makes it OK Just don't dwell on it.
    Angie

Ivy
    If he does happen to be a CD'er even slightly, I would find it terribly embarrassing, I think your first paragraph says it all. I can joke about myself, but I would take that very seriously.

Honestly ladies, this is just a question: How many guys do you think dress up as girls on Halloween that don't have a little desire to do it? Not necessarily full blown CD's, but any costume I've worn on Halloween reflected my personality. Maybe that one night is enough fun for many.

I know there are parties where SO's go as each other and all that.. well now I have to ask, "what were the two of you wearing Sally?"