Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaved arms?

Banned Read only

Question Shaved arms?

Okay, I heard a lot of excuses for shaved legs, but what about shaved arms? I can just imagine what will say my mother: "Oh, what happened to your arm hair? How you could do that, what were you thinking?! Are you gay?!"... This could lead to a possible disaster (read: labeling, ultimatums, etc. etc.) if I won't have serious and non-transparent excuse... Is there any workaround for this, except long sleeves?

nobody really pays attention to it unless you had really dark hair before you shaved them. you could always just tell people 'i got tired of having hairy arms.' it's a half truth, but at least it's not a total lie and it shows that you are comfortable with it.

Ivy
    My arm hair is light in color, even though it's a bit hairy, it's the one thing I gave up shaving. I had to do it every day, and it was scratchy, just not worth it. I know plenty of GG's with hairier arms than me, but that's just me. Nobody questioned me when I did, though.

How about a response like: I saw a number of different athletes in various sporting activities that had all their body hair removed, and wondered how it would feel. And you know what. I like it! I feel much cleaner and cooler this way.
    DonnaT

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Oh, I just got fed up with thinking of what excuses I might make and, after consulting with my SO, shaved the stuff off. I think I'll let it grow a bit, epilate it and then let it grow back fine so it looks a lot more natural.

Sarah...

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    You could try trimming/thinning it gradually over a few weeks time, a small amount at each trimming. An electric beard trimmer with an adjustable guard works well for this. Take off a small amount, then wait and see if anyone notices. If not, let them get used to it, then trim a little more successively until you get it to where you want it.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Blame the Barbeque!

I had a massive flare up - twice!

Scorched it all off - along with my eyebrows!

(this actuallly happened - looked like Hiroshima in my yard!)

Yes there is. Don't shave, instead use hair clippers and thin out the hair. I use my wives dog clippers, similar to barber clippers, and I go with the hair not against it. Sometimes I'll angle the clippers up a little so they won't cut as much. You'll notice a lot of gg's have some hair on their forearms. On the other prts of your body thats not seen go against the hair for a really close cut and it'll be easier to shave those areas. DO NOT try the pits or get to close to your hmhm. You nick very easy in those areas.
    HUGS Sandra

Did it once for halloween

I thought it would take a while to grow back to its length. It did not it took about a month and I swear it is longer!

Waxing is better it pulls the hairs out and I understand they do not grow back the same way. Shaving only makes the hair grow back thicker and longer.

I am blonde and the hair on my arms or legs is very thick or much of it. My wife did not even notice.

I have had my arms shaved for years and no one has said anything, My sister said something about my legs but my dad told her to leave me alone that was a swich it was us boys that always got in troble for teaseing her. That was last year I was 54 and she was 51.

STOP!!STOP!!or we will shoot!
    ARMHAIR CONTROL!!
    raise your arms!!
    aha!!no armhair!!what have we got here?is this natural or has he shaved?looks like there is a little bit of a stubble?
    CONFESS!!
    YOU WILL WEAR THIS SIGN AROUND YOUR NECK:i am an armhair shaver!

seriously=there is no-one around checking armhair!!!!
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

My arms have been hairless for the last 8 yrs - no one has ever made a comment..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

People might notice if you shave your arm hair.

But remember that SO MANY GGs do not shave their arm hair. In fact, a lot of them make snippy little comments about girls who do shave their arm hair.

In short, as long as you don't have ULTRA-thick arm hair you're probably OK leaving it unshaven or lightly trimmed.

Quote Originally Posted by gagirl1 View Post
    nobody really pays attention to it unless you had really dark hair before you shaved them.
    that's my experience

as well as some serious regrowth itch before you get used to it

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    seriously=there is no-one around checking armhair!!!!
    I sorta suspected that!

I once worked with a guy who walked around all day with a sock stuck to the back of his shirt. Nobody mentioned it to him because it just didn't seem important at the time.
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

I kept my arms hairless for the last year, and not one word from anybody, except once to make a comment about my veins being a bit large that day. Had been working out rather hard that morning. Where I work part time now, ( I get to wear a cute ORANGE apron ) it's pretty much a Macho place and not a single thing has been said.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

My largest concern would be that shaving my arms could make the hair come in thicker if I ever stopped. It sounds like a double edged sword.

Smile

After much thought much like you expressed in your thread I finally did it and shaved my arms about a month ago. Wish I had done it years ago. They feel so nice and smooth and no one seems to have noticed.
    Use the excuse that your skin is dry and loton is easier to apply. I gave that excuse to my mother when she commented on my freshly shaved legs.
    Jolene

Quote Originally Posted by MattiQ View Post
    My largest concern would be that shaving my arms could make the hair come in thicker if I ever stopped. It sounds like a double edged sword.
    I have been told that will never happen Matti. The reason I was told is when the hair starts to grow back it seems as if it will be thicker because of the stubble. We will never end up with more hair than we started with.
    Just a thought.
    Jolene
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 08-30-2008 at 04:27 PM. Reason: merged

I'll second Tammi and Sandra. If they sell the equivalent in Croatia, just get a cheap set of electric clippers and thin the hair on your arm. You can then go as far as you like as people get used to seeing your arms with less hair. It's human nature, we notice what is new and different, things that have become familiar or with little change, the human mind just treats it like "background music."

Also have to emphasize something that Sandra alluded to. DO NOT use those electric clippers around your who-who, and especially that area that hangs under The Who-Who! I made that bad mistake, figuring that it was a quick and easy way to thin out "other areas" too.

With electric clippers, in addition to cutting there is also a pulling action back and forth. Nature has given "that" area of your body a great many nerve endings! It was probably a genetic mutation that made the area sensitive, so that you would enjoy procreation, and so that you would "protect" things down there. (also a benefit for ensuring species survival) Anyway, you won't notice much on your arms, but when you clip down in that area it seems that every individual hair is getting yanked out! Your not going to like it!

We are throwing in this bonus information to serve as a warning for everyone! (Done my good deed for the day.)

Peace and Love, Joanie

Arm/Body Shaving

Phillips/Norelco makes a men's body groomer which is for sale at every WalMart and Target store. It is designed to shave arms, legs, chest, privates, whatever...

About the time this kind of product is mainstream at Wal Mart, I don't really think you need an excuse for your neighbors.

I have shaved my body for years, it is a personal choice and I do not require any "excuse" for it.

http://www.shaveeverywhere.com/

Deedee_tv

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene View Post
    I have been told that will never happen Matti. The reason I was told is when the hair starts to grow back it seems as if it will be thicker because of the stubble. We will never end up with more hair than we started with.
    Too bad! If it worked that way I'd definitely start shaving my head!
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

I wax my arms and it is correct that the hair grows back differently.
    The hair shaft it's self is thinner, more fine than the coarse arm hair I used to have. The hair on my arm grows back faster than any other body part and after 6-7 weeks I could wax it again. It takes about 4 weeks until it's really noticable.

A few people have asked my why and all I say is that I like it smooth. Tough s@#%, if they don't like it.
    Dana Fleming

I have had mine bare for over 12 months. Not so much a word, but an occasional look in short sleaves. Paint one small finger nail though.........

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tal'Aura View Post
    Okay, I heard a lot of excuses for shaved legs, but what about shaved arms? I can just imagine what will say my mother: "Oh, what happened to your arm hair? How you could do that, what were you thinking?! Are you gay?!"... This could lead to a possible disaster (read: labeling, ultimatums, etc. etc.) if I won't have serious and non-transparent excuse... Is there any workaround for this, except long sleeves?
    I told my Mom I hated all that hair and I felt cooler with em shaved, especially in this Texas heat

Quote Originally Posted by PamelaTX View Post
    Too bad! If it worked that way I'd definitely start shaving my head!
    Maybe if you waxed your head?...
    Just kidding

I know what you mean, though (my hair is long, but thinning a bit on top)...