Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just got caught recently and they told everyone I know!!!

Becoming More Me Jessica Brekke's Avatar
    I'm so sorry that happened to you. Honestly, it's one of my worst nightmares. But I think everyone here is right. Denial won't convince people their eyes are wrong. If I were you I would -- at least, I hope I would -- hold my head up high, meet peoples gaze, and face anyone who has a problem with you.

If you refuse to give into the feelings of shame that I imagine you're feeling and if you really had the respect of people, they'll either mind their own business or support you.

And always remember hon, you have to have balls to be a crossdresser. (well, a MTF one, anyway)
    Never underestimate the value of a good pair of flats and a well-fitting bra.

~Jessica~

This totally sucks. It happened to me. Out of about six girls and ten guys, only one remained "sort of" a friend. The rest dropped the "crossdressing faggot". Ask them why they would do such a thing. If they seem like they don't care, tell them to get out. One thing I learned back then. If they aren't your friends, don't spend any time with them. That's an exercise in low self-esteem.

I can' t add a lot to what has already been covered here by everyone else. I certainly agree with the advice of others here and I'll add my own experience as well. I don't live in a small town and really never have - always in the burbs but I've been caught probably 5-6 times in my CD lifespan.

I've been caught by a few family members when I was in my teens - talk about embarrassing. :-) I've been caught by neighbors a couple times in my teens and 20's. One time, in my 30's while staying in a hotel in the SF Bay area I got fully dressed which at the time meant everything except make-up and wig and decided to go out to my car for something - down the hall out the door across the parking lot and back - right past a couple people. It was late and I thought the place would be deserted - it wasn't so I was stuck and just went for it. I couldn't pass at all without make-up but much to my surprise - not a single raised eye-brow!

Anyway, even by family members who who obviously know - and told those who didn't, I've had no backlash. This isn't because they're not above it, I think it's because we collectively live in a state of denial and the way I conduct the rest of my life has proven that CD or not, I'm not a bad person and we ALL have our quirks so why make a federal case out of anything.

I guess my point in this long story is that you're definitely not alone and anyone that doesn't understand that you're a good sole, CD or not, just doesn't merit any of your brain cycles anyway.

You go girl!

Every good deed has it's own just punishment. I hope you sent them packig post haste!!!