Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "Sissy Look" for men and boys

The "Sissy Look" for men and boys

Was just wondering what others thought on this subject. I am a Lover of pantyhose and bodysuits/bodyshirts. These are items that were Very Popular in the 70;s for women, and were "Tested" but failed, as men's clothing as well; ie; Sears Catalog. This "look" would probably be perceived as "Sissy"...but to me would be a great start in getting men and boys to finally "Graduate" to skirts and dresses. Along with pantyhose and bodyshirts for men, now available and Marketed as men's wear, we also have makeup for men, as well as purses (Man-bags).
    Was curious to know what others thought on this Idea of trying to present ourselves as "Sissy-Men", as opposed to women...don't get me wriong, I LOVE wearing skirts and dresses, but just thinking about the "Evolution" of the Feminine Male persona.
    just curious on others thoughts, especially the women that would be the wives of us "Sissy men".

Patti

I aint no friggin sissy and I'll kick anyone ass that says otherwise!!

Hahahaha
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar

How about...

just an individual? Why another label? Do you think another name will truly change how people see it? I mean, there's Metrosexual that people still confuse as gay. A well groomed male apparently can't be straight. It isn't a matter of giving it a new title and catch slogan. Its educating. Its getting out there are being you despite the odds and proving you aren't going away.

Marketing it isn't going to help. But advertising it does. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post

Hahahaha
    Me too!

Edwina

I think I have to side with DD on this one. Why can't I just be Holly, a person who loves to look her best? A person who prefers skirts and heels to pants and wing-tips? I really don't need another label.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I think I have to side with DD on this one. Why can't I just be Holly, a person who loves to look her best? A person who prefers skirts and heels to pants and wing-tips? I really don't need another label.
    Even though I have been calling myself Sissy/Stephanie for some time, I really prefer to be Stephanie, a CD who loves to wear feminine clothing. Anybody else who calls me sissy will get what Karren offered!

Stephanie (aka Sissy/Stephanie)

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 08-31-2008 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Additions

I'm a sissy and I'll kick anybody's ass that has a problem with it.

Im not one for labels either.Evolution to me would be that you are you and I am me.Then I'd think we were getting somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I doubt very many members of the non CD community will develop enthusiasm for any garment that would interfere with the convenience of being able to urinate without pulling your pants down. This would apply to any long pants, tights or hosiery/brief combination that didn't have a fly (or open crotch). There might eventually be some acceptance of a body suit style garment that was elastic enough to pull aside in the restroom, but even there, a structure similar to that used in old fashion tighty whities would probably improve acceptance.
    Last edited by BritneyLynn; 08-31-2008 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Having problems with editor converting quotes to code

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm confused now.LOL.
    Labels don't work for me either.

I have a biker tshirt that says: "Last One Dead Is A Cissy".

Im still here...
    You can never, never, never learn
    That we're all going to burn
    And you just drew the longest fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post

Hahahaha
    Major penalty for fighting, off to the penalty box.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Nope. It's not for me. Consider the definitions:

• SISSY (noun)
    The noun SISSY has 1 sense:
    1. a timid man or boy considered childish or unassertive
    Familiarity information: SISSY used as a noun is very rare.

• SISSY (adjective)
    The adjective SISSY has 1 sense:
    1. having unsuitable feminine qualities
    Familiarity information: SISSY used as an adjective is very rare.

I desperately hope that by now I have learnt not to be childish or unassertive and the whole reason I accept who I am is that I believe that my feminine qualities are most definitely NOT "unsuitable". So the "Sissy-man" label would be one I could not possibly bear to hear. If I must be labelled then call me a woman for heaven's sake!

Sarah...

I have to agree, I am definitely NOT a sissy, I am a retired person who enjoys her feminine side.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

I agree with Holly also, I want to be Vivian when I want to.

I am not a sissy man and don't wish to be thought of that way. I am a woman although be it that I am stuck in "his" body

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

Anyone calls me a sissy, and I'll hit them with my purse. (The big heavy one with the tools in it)

Banned Read only
    Well...whats-his-name don't want no label as "sissy" either. He may be skinny and have a weird sense of humor but to his friends and acquaintances he's a guy through and through.

And deja ain't no sissy either either! When she's around, she'll speak her mind and take on any that annoy her. Or ignore the hell outta them!

As Sarah points out, it's the connotations of the word that are so unappealling, for all genders.

We can use it among ourselves in a tongue-in-cheek or humorous sorta way (kinda like "tranny"), but coming from a 'civilian' I just ain't gonna stand for it in either mode.

Know what I'm sayin', you sissy, tranny bitches?

Yep, I seriously doubt that many of us want to be considered "sissies", especially since we have the gonads to do what we do. There seems to be a demarkation with men in society. Those who are just men, those who are macho and would never consider such a thing and those who are willing to explore their feelings and express that. Most of us here fall into that last category in one way or another.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have been called every name in the book over the years. Alot of them were swear words. You will have to come up with something better than sissy to get my blood flowing.

In my mind I know who I am, and it doesn't really matter to me what you call me, I am still just me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Just don't call me late for dinner.

OOOOH AAAAAAH ! I smell a woman.

the hang ups people have over one word or another!
    The deffinition of sissy depends on the context it is used. It can mean a male with effeminate behavior. Effeminate is a male with feminine behavior characteristics. Unless you are a transexual, they all are perfectly valid terms.

If I'm to be seen in something other then Manley things It will be full out girl thing Nothing in between .
    Angie

"Sissy" may very well be an appropriate word to describe some on the tg continuum, but not so much applicable for CD'ers who wish to present fully as women or those who identify as TG/TS (this girl included, it's the last word I'd even think of using for myself).

As for the concept of "sissifying" the male muggles of the world, I'd have nothing of it. Face it, the differences between the genders is part of what makes us what we are. Evolution of fashion trends is one thing, conversion of others who may not necessarily gravitate towards such expression is yet another. Blurring gender appearances (ie-appearing as a "sissified" male") isn't likely to change anything in and of itself, especially for anyone who wasn't already predisposed to being gender variant in the first place.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)