Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The "Sissy Look" for men and boys

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Hmmm -- it looks like silly season has arrived!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    "Sissy" may very well be an appropriate word to describe some on the tg continuum, but not so much applicable for CD'ers who wish to present fully as women or those who identify as TG/TS (this girl included, it's the last word I'd even think of using for myself).

As i said, it wholey inappropriate to use in relation to transexuals.
    the problem i have is with people who have this idea of feminine hierarchy. Someone may be quite comfortable to describe themselves as sissy, while others will look down on them for use of such a term.
    in reality, there may be nothing between them in the way they present themselves. Like i said, its just a word that can be used without being an insult. Any CD that presents as being a woman as best they can IS being effeminate.
    Its not the words people use to describe themselves that i hate, its the Transgender snobbery i cant abide.

I do not care for labeling anyone , we are all human beings with different tastes and desires , why do we all have to have a label attached to who we are ? Can we as society not just be accepting of one another and our differences ?
    I think the world would be a much happier place to live !
    Lastly I am not a sissy either.
    Tomara

Unhappy

Personally I find the word to be totally inappropriate under any circumstances, and as offensive as the n-word. To me it is the worst insult that a person could heap upon us.

As to the 'feminine hierarchy' that Becky mentioned, again the whole idea of female superiority vis-a-vis sexual domination/ humiliation et al is something that I find to be a perversion of the order of life. We are all human beings, and while created with different abilities, nonetheless no more or no less than any other human, each one of us worthy.

I'm sorry -- coupled with the fact that I am grouchy cause I have a summer cold -- sad events of my school years make this, and that word, a very hurtfilled topic for me

I will never, again, be put down or humiliated for allowing the girl within to live.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Quote Originally Posted by tvbeckytv View Post
    As i said, it wholey inappropriate to use in relation to transexuals.
    the problem i have is with people who have this idea of feminine hierarchy. Someone may be quite comfortable to describe themselves as sissy, while others will look down on them for use of such a term.
    in reality, there may be nothing between them in the way they present themselves. Like i said, its just a word that can be used without being an insult. Any CD that presents as being a woman as best they can IS being effeminate.
    Its not the words people use to describe themselves that i hate, its the Transgender snobbery i cant abide.
    I feel like I'm being accused of perpetrating transgender snobbery by citing the continuum. First of all, it is often referred to as a TG continuum rather than feminine. Like it or not, it is simply a way to describe the vast differences among us, nothing more, nothing less. Others may try to subvert the idea into something more sinister but that isn't me. I'm simply making a distinction between myself who would have nothing to do personally with the term "sissy" (I agree with those who describe the word as being vulgar) and those who might embrace it for whatever reason. I really don't care either way but I think this gets away from the original point of the thread, the suggestion that the males out there could or should be subjected to siffifying influences.

And by the way, it's a continuum rather than a hierarchy. Hierarchy would always lead to snobbery.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Sticks and stones.....I hate all the labels that go along with my lifestyle too but the word "sissy" implies "not masculine" I can live with that but I wouldn't crosscheck anyone into the boards for it....
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Believe it or not, I actually have no problem at all if people want to call me a sissy. In fact, compared with a regular Joe-blow type of guy, I'd rather be called that. I'd certainly rather be a sissy than a jock. Compared to most men, a somewhat quiet and effeminate guy (my definition of a sissy) is actually what I am
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

From my experience, 'sissy' really refers to submissive crossdressing. Sort of a humiliation thing. Thats the way I have always thought of the concept.
    You can never, never, never learn
    That we're all going to burn
    And you just drew the longest fuse.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i was just ready to post when i saw what Dragonfly just said and i agree wholeheartedly. There is a whole lot of baggage that comes with the term sissy than i care to deal with.

Words can morph into a different meaning over time. Just look at how the word gay has been coopted to mean something very different than its original dictionary definition. I think the same is true for sissy.

A community like this is very diverse in terms of their backgrounds, their interests and their self-definition. I don't wish to be categorized by someone who doesn't know me.

Words have special meanings in certain communities. There is a community that equates sissy with submissive CD, but the 'general public' doesn't. The general public thinks of a sissy man, as weak and ineffectual. I don't think it does us any favours to seize on to this label.
    What we do requires a certain amount of strength and determination.
    Isn't there something else? Flamboyant? In Touch With His Inner Woman?
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Well in the CD term...I would consider a 'sissy' to dress very juvenile. Ribbons, girly clothing and those shoes with the cross buckle strap (cant remember the name of them). Almost of adult baby stuff, an element of age-play...I hope that makes sense.

Im probably 100% wrong, but thats the image it conjurs up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Well in the CD term...I would consider a 'sissy' to dress very juvenile. Ribbons, girly clothing and those shoes with the cross buckle strap (cant remember the name of them). Almost of adult baby stuff, an element of age-play...I hope that makes sense.

Im probably 100% wrong, but thats the image it conjurs up for me.

Exactly! (BTW-- The name of the shoes is maryjanes).

This thread just really bugs me. And now I'm sure it not the fact that I'm not feeling well today! Its the whole fetishistic tone of the thing coupled with the use of the word 'boy' as coupled with certain other implications therein makes me a bit quesy

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    Hetroflexible

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny J View Post
    Major penalty for fighting, off to the penalty box.

Sure won't be the last time I'm in the box!!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Sure won't be the last time I'm in the box!!!

Fighting is usually good for five minutes.....enough time to do your nails....
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I aint no friggin sissy and I'll kick anyone ass that says otherwise!!

Hahahaha
    Ditto that! and when I am done they will regret it

Why another label ? education is the only thing that will change people's perception of us ! I've been called every name ever invented do I care hell no because I know they are only displaying their stupidity.

Offhand I don't like the word "sissy". It means that the person being described is a real gross reprobate. Repulsive,too. Much of my crossdressing has been in the "sissy-fetishist" style(but NOT in the 'adult baby doll"mode) but i sometimes wish people had come up with some other milder term to describe it. "Sissy-fetishist" sounds almost a little twisted and perverted and strange. But i use this expression myself since there aren't many other words to describe this.

But I guess I'd have to say I was a sissy growing up even though I'm not gay or bi. And there were times when I had to get put through some sh-- because of it. That's cool. That was years ago and life is good and bad for everybody on the planet. So I'm not complaining. But I'll wear the lable of the lowly sissy gladly if I have to.............you know research reveals that sissies have 100,000 times more electrical empath ability in their brains and 500,000 times the physics math problem solving ability in the receptors and neurons in their front and middle brain lobes. It's a fact. To echo Rachel I'd rather be a sissy than a jock.
    Last edited by Samantha B L; 08-31-2008 at 05:25 PM.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

timid????

Who the devil can be timid and live this lifestyle???

Any male who the first time puts on panties, bra, stockings, and heels, realizes that there are probably no stronger men on the planet than those who dress as women!

so there!

tina

I do wish for a day when sissy-men will be universily accepted.
    As far as being called a sissy, I would not be offended by it, depending on the context.
    My personal beliefs are that we have to start slowly, because anything out of the ordinary (men dressing in women's clothes) will be met with discrimination and ridicule.
    It's sad but, that's the world we live in today.
    I think maybe the fashion industry could help speed the process by making feminine clothing for men more readily accessible and affordable.
    Right now there is nothing taboo about women wearing men's clothing.
    But when a man where's women's attire people are outraged and judgemental.
    I still do believe and hope for a day where men dressed in fem clothing will be accepted through out our society.

Quote Originally Posted by rosepowder View Post
    I do wish for a day when sissy-men will be universily accepted.
    As far as being called a sissy, I would not be offended by it, depending on the context.
    My personal beliefs are that we have to start slowly, because anything out of the ordinary (men dressing in women's clothes) will be met with discrimination and ridicule.
    It's sad but, that's the world we live in today.
    I think maybe the fashion industry could help speed the process by making feminine clothing for men more readily accessible and affordable.
    Right now there is nothing taboo about women wearing men's clothing.
    But when a man where's women's attire people are outraged and judgemental.
    I still do believe and hope for a day where men dressed in fem clothing will be accepted through out our society.
    WOW!!!

I don't know what I started! I think Rose understood where I was headed.

I guess it is just naivety on my part...I look at the word "Sissy" in a whole Different light, one that would be "Positive".

Did not mean to offend anyone. As most of you stated, and I AGREE, I loove being Feminine, and just want to look at it in a Positive Framework...hoping eventually that the Term "Sissy" would be a "Badge of Honor".

I apologize to those that the term brought up "Bad" memories!

Patti

Quote Originally Posted by patti View Post
    WOW!!!

I don't know what I started! I think Rose understood where I was headed.

Hm...well I alone have two different perceptions on what 'sissy' means...and others have mentioned their own perceptions that are different again.

Could you explain better what you consider to be 'sissy'? It might help

Names and labels sure seem to have a lot of power, and generate strong feelings. I suppose sissy would not be appropriate for those who are women in male bodies. I am a man in a male body, who happens to be happier wearing womens clothing. I hated being called a sissy as a kid (and it happened quite a bit) but now I wouldn't mind.

I sometimes check in on a forum for men in skirts, and many of the men there hate being called cross dressers or transvestites. They want no doubt that they are manly men, even though they may be wearing skirts.

Larry

Sissy look for men

HI All: I am a sissy at heart.

For me being a sissy means just what it implies,

I love to be in lingerie and have sex with men who want a submissive man in drag even if he can't pass.

It's all about the submission and giving pleasure to a man who wants me as a "****ty bitchboi".

I am Me, Myself and I. Wait a minute, who is the third person in me???

Great someone else I have to make happy.

No wonder I am not happy I thought there were only 2 of me.

Just Great!!!
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU