Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "Sissy Look" for men and boys

I'm not a sissy all the time. Sometimes I'm a fairy or a pansy. Nancy boy has a nice ring to it also. My current favorite is poufbunny. When I'm in drab, I'm a gun totin', truck drivin', banjo playin' paleolibertarian farmer.

I love labels. I've got lots more of them. They don't limit me in any way because there is no limit to the labels I can apply to myself nor is there a limit to the meanings I can assign to them. I can be described by the sum total of all my labels and more!

How many do you have? Saying "I'm just me" isn't very interesting or descriptive but it is a great conversation stopper.
    Last edited by LilSissyStevie; 09-02-2008 at 12:04 AM. Reason: just remembered something

Sissy...the way I like to define it, would be a man or boy that has manners that are Refined, like a Girl's, and dresses in a "Stylish way that accents Femininity....slacks without pockets, bodysirts or feminine tops, nylons, women's shoes, perhaps carries a purse or "manbag". But in my View, changing the connontion from a "Bad" thing to a "Good" and for women a "Desirable" thing.

Quite Different from the Traditional meaning!

Patti

Ahh, right. I gotcha. I guess it all depends whether you're into/are aware of the D/s connotations of the word or not.

What you mean then is basically, an effeminate man. Wearing mens styles but with a feminine twist. Very tight jeans, brown leather boots with deeper heels and feminine touches like flower stitching. Tight, abs-showing tshirts.

That type-a thing?
    You can never, never, never learn
    That we're all going to burn
    And you just drew the longest fuse.

I'm with Karen on this one. I am very much a man's man. Hunt, fish, play sports. etc... And as far as wanting to go full time dressed as a woman. No thanks. then I would hate doing all the girly things that I now love. Getting dressed and made up. Still love doing it.
    No, those are my Panties]

Red face

Don't call me a Sissy, it'll make me cry!
    Tina B.

If I may bypass the discussion of the word "sissy" for a minute, I would not object to any clothing styles that would encourage the general public into being more open to different looks for men and women. Madison Avenue encouraging men to dress in a more effeminate style (read sissy) may help, especially in urban areas, but I suspect most of us on the edges of civilization may still have a hard time carrying it off. Men's skirts have been around a long time, but still haven't made any noticable impact in my corner of the woods. The dress code where I work specifically states that I will wear slacks to work. They recently grudgingly allowed men to wear shorts "of an apporpriate length". Guess they are not referring to my Daisy Dukes. I do dress as feminine as I feel I can get away with, skinny leg low rise jeans for example. But would I go for men's clothing that is designed to be feminine? Probably not. I'm too stuck in my head with women's attire to be satisfied with halfway measures. I would certainly support anyone who did go for the "sissy" look, or any other look they wanted, however.

Dee

PS: Being called a sissy really hurt when I was ten or so, but lately it wouldn't bother me much.

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie C View Post
    My current favorite is poufbunny.
    Can I be a poufbunny too? Can we start a club? Can we have matching outfits?

***Jenna Lynne***

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    And by the way, it's a continuum rather than a hierarchy. Hierarchy would always lead to snobbery.
    continuum is the word you used, but unfortunately in the real world hierarchy is what the TG community actually has.

There's definitely a "sissy" class of crossdressers who link their activities with emasculation and self-degradation and are very excited by that. That's certainly a motivational component of many CDs I've met, although it's the definite minority on this forum.

These CDs tend to be the more flaky ones who you'll see out now and then -- maybe even a couple weekends in a row, and they'll always be very friendly and extremely excited to be en femme. Your first impression on meeting them might be, "Wow! Where'd you come from? I bet I'll see you out a lot!" but then they'll disappear for months at a time.

I assume it's because they really don't deal with their feelings rationally. They let this drive build and build, then when they can't repress it anymore they dress up and have a good 'ol time, then the next day they associate a lot of shame with what they do. To some degree it was the perceived deviant aspect that drew them to it, and now they're ashamed and may even purge.

We're all kinda nutty, which is fine, but I think the sissy-boys are some of the most nutty, and also some of the most unreliable people you'll meet. They're the ones who usually email me saying, "Hey! Are you going out Saturday? I'll definitely be there!" and usually never show up.

Of course maybe you're talking about something totally different, but that's my impression of sissy-boys.

Quote Originally Posted by BritneyLynn View Post
    I doubt very many members of the non CD community will develop enthusiasm for any garment that would interfere with the convenience of being able to urinate without pulling your pants down. This would apply to any long pants, tights or hosiery/brief combination that didn't have a fly (or open crotch).
    I'd be interested in seeing how many people agree with you here. I use urinals everyday, and I'm usually wearing jeans and a big belt and boxer-briefs. My underwear has a fly, my pants have a fly, and I suppose it's a little bit of a hassle to undo my belt, but it just strikes me as totally weird and uncomfortable to use the restroom by just unzipping my fly and pulling the equipment out.

I don't think I'm alone there, either ... I've noticed that no-fly trunks and boxer briefs are popping up in a lot of stores.

The term sissy when used to describe someone is not a compliment I am certain.

A girl does not like to be called a sissy either!

If given a choice a girl would rather be identified as a tomboy.

Therefore no girl would wish to have a guy in her life who is a sissy.

I am not a sissy but I have nothing against anyone who is.

Simply stated I am a feminine crossdresser who sometimes gets to dress and for that brief moment can be a girl!

I rather like that!

emmi
    xoxo

Im Claire,take it or leave it
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

Unhappy The Sissy look for men

Hi All
    I think it a shame men cannot enjoy the sissy look and the feel of more silk and satin.How nice it would be to be able to buy some lacy sissyboy bloomers and cami tops nice pantyhose to fit the male parts in nice pastel colours, let men have more choice to be feminine The gals are so lucky whilst us guys have to do so much in secret
    Lingerie for ever
    Kellygirl

As Racquel has noted, there is a subset of TGs who are into sissy-ness as a fetish that most often involves frilly dresses, petticoats, ruffled panties, etc. But if you consider mtf TGs from the perspective of the general population, I'm pretty sure the majority, especially the majority of men, consider us to be sissies (among other things, such as gay, pervert, yada yada).

I can imagine that many gurls on this forum would take umbrage at the sissy label, but it doesn't bother me all that much. For one thing, I am "sissy" compared to the typical male stereotype, and now that I've been at this for a few years, I find that the effeminence [sic?] has bled over into my guy mode more than I'm aware sometimes. For another thing, being bi, I like for gays and GGs to perceive me as more gurly than guy, even if that means I'm not appealing to some of them. And as far as straight guys go, I have to admit that secretly, it actually turns me on a little bit knowing that some of them perceive as sissy -- as long as they're not hostile about it. And when I'm really feeling kinky, a little bitchy scorn from a GG can be hot, too.

I think this is one of several reasons why I prefer being CD rather than TS. I like being a femme guy and being perceived as a femme guy, being a little different and not fitting neatly into little categories. I'll let other people worry about the labels.

Call me a girl and I could like it. Call me a sissy and I don't understand. Dressed, I want to be the best girl I can be. In drab, I am a male through and through (with lots of interest in females). I want to be one or the other. Also, wearing strange clothes that are made for males is not interesting to me either. I either want clothes for just men or clothes for just women. Not anything made to be for both.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by tvbeckytv View Post
    continuum is the word you used, but unfortunately in the real world hierarchy is what the TG community actually has.
    The valid existence of a continuum as a means to describe a population with a vast number of traits did not create the hierarchy you describe, people did. Just as there are some people out there who do in fact behave on a hierarchial plain. But it isn't fair to suggeest that all do this.

As for myself, I have close tg friends to the left of where I stand on the continuum, and to the far right, and one who happens to be right there next to me. As long as respect is shown to women, I do not judge, nor do I discriminate on where one might stand. In a way, we're all in this together.

Wow, did this drift way off topic or what???
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd View Post
    The term sissy when used to describe someone is not a compliment I am certain.

A girl does not like to be called a sissy either!
    That's not necessarily true. The word originated as a more childish version of "sis." These days, the derogatory meaning of sissy is not very socially acceptable, and I've almost never heard it used. I know some women who refer to their sisters very affectionately as "my sissy," though. And crossdressers self-applying "sissy" is just another instance of turning a label around and embracing it, much the way I know gay guys who playfully call each other fag, and black guys who drop the N word on each other. I've often referred to myself and friends as trannies, code monkeys, perverts, and/or the White Devil.

It's like giving the finger to everyone who wants to use it in a mean way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellygirl View Post
    Hi All
    I think it a shame men cannot enjoy the sissy look and the feel of more silk and satin.How nice it would be to be able to buy some lacy sissyboy bloomers and cami tops nice pantyhose to fit the male parts in nice pastel colours, let men have more choice to be feminine The gals are so lucky whilst us guys have to do so much in secret
    That's not really "being feminine" in truth. That's a fetish you're talking about. It's 2008. Women don't wear bloomers. That stuff is available for you to buy, but it's never going to be openly accepted anymore than buying pony play gear and enormous sex toys is.
    Last edited by Raquel June; 09-03-2008 at 05:08 PM.

You've got to love this thread. How often on this site do you see so many CDs bragging on how butch they are. It's usually the other way around with all the "I'm more female than you therefor my words carry authority" kind of pi$$ing contests.

Maybe we can start some new topics for the butch CDs like "How far can you spit your tobacco juice in 6" heels and a thong?" I know some real cowgirls out here that are world class tobacco juice spitters. Maybe that's one reason I don't have much interest in dressing like or emulating a "real" girl. It's not much different than being in drab. I'd rather be a sissy instead.