Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The one tip you would share.

Not so new... well sorta GINA-CD's Avatar

The one tip you would share.

ok girls, imagine you need to share one of your beauty secrets with your sisters... which one would you share? just one! I know many of you will have a hard time deciding which one but think and think hard: what is it that you want to share with other girls to make them better women?
    I'll be ready when I'm ready

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

Theres no time to lose, I heard her say
    Catch your dreams before they slip away
    Dying all the time / Lose your dreams
    And you will lose your mind. / Aint life unkind?
    Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Be confident in yourself - that's where the most profound beauty is going to come from.

All the other surface beauty stuff is important but it changes on a daily basis depending on need and mood. What works for me one day doesn't the next.

Sarah...

I agree with Sarah but I will add one. Meet the world and everyone you meet everyday with a smile!
    Some ask why? Some ask why not? I ask "Does this pump come in a 9 1/2?"

Hi Gina,
    Thats easy. Consider others, thier needs and their feelings before you become so self absorbed that there is little or no room in your life for other people. You may well need to dress but there are others in your life who need you. Inner beauty to me is worth far more than what you look like on the outside.
    Bev

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    I agree with all the above 100 % but there is one practical little tip I have found invaluable (Thanks Karren) Wet wipes remove makeup fast

Edwina

Banned Read only
    D) all of the above...

..and here's a practical one for picture taking...

To avoid showing your incipient turkey neck in pictures, facethe camera and tilt your head down, looking at the lens through the top of your eyes. That way your chin blocks those little folds that are starting to form on your neck. (Either that, or start to wear turtle neck tops all the time!)

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    D) all of the above...

To avoid showing your incipient turkey neck in pictures, facethe camera and tilt your head down, looking at the lens through the top of your eyes. That way your chin blocks those little folds that are starting to form on your neck. (Either that, or start to wear turtle neck tops all the time!)
    Now you tell me!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

D) all of the above...

As an alternative, position the camera above you so that you are raising your chin and looking upward into the camera. That's how my avatar was taken and it makes my neck look much better!
    Sally

Don't go out in the rain without an umbrella. You,ll get your hair wet. Seriously though, Bev nailed it. Showing who you are inside regardless of what you are wearing is the most important thing.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My favorite, from my MAC artist, is on how to apply eyeliner. Especially for a daytime look, I still apply light eyeliner. I don't put it above or below the lash line though. If you dot the pencil in-between your lashes and then eventually connect all that, it just darkens up your lash line and doesn't hardly look like makeup!

Sally in car.jpg

Sallys eye makeup.jpg
    Sally

When in girl mode, try walking a girl walk. To help you do this, walk one foot in line with the other, in other words like you are walking a 3 inch wide line. You will walk with more of a wiggle right away and it is easier to add more wiggle to it to. You can do this in any shoes.

Try it it works.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    My favorite, from my MAC artist, is on how to apply eyeliner. Especially for a daytime look, I still apply light eyeliner. I don't put it above or below the lash line though. If you dot the pencil in-between your lashes and then eventually connect all that, it just darkens up your lash line and doesn't hardly look like makeup!
    Love that one Sally. Maybe it'll help me stop poking myself in the eye! LOL...

Makeup is dime store stuff. Being the best caring and loving person you can be is real beauty.
    Angie

make sure you match your hair style with your face shape. and when you go to a stylist - be honest about things. if you want an gender-neutral style let them know. if you want feminine edges tell them...

oh and short hair styles can be made very feminine by not having hard edges (keep it fringey and soft).

For those who venture out, strive to blend rather than obsess about passing. Observe how most other GG's present themselves and apply. Yes, this includes paying attention to the fashion rules which are out there. Most women do so, why shouldn't we?
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I agree with Sarah about confidence being beautiful.

I also think remembering that less make up is more beautiful is worth remembering. Plastering doesn't look attractive. Beauty comes from within.

Just reconcile yourself to your female side, and then enjoy it

Then your natural femininty will shine through.

Luv

Susan

Never eat spinach with a stranger.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    This might be two, but they deal with the same thing ....

People are less observant that you think.
    Be observant.

Hmm--- so I bet you are asking -- what's she mean?

Ok, to the first one .. if you just go about like nothing is extra-ordinary, chances are no one will notice that you are a CD. After all, its not like you have a big flashing neon sign above your head spelling out 'MAN IN A DRESS!' with an arrow pointing down.

Hmm -- to that point, when I was a teen, one of my worst totally unfounded fears was that I'd be in Penney's or Sears or Montgomery Wards etc checking out the panties and bras, and would hear 'ding-ding -- attention associates -- crossdresser in the lingerie department - ding-ding -- attention associates -- crossdresser in the lingerie department' come over the store PA system. Weird, eh.

Oh -- the second point -- how to get to the level of the first statement. Because people are less observant, we must be more observant. Someday, just take a day in boy-mode, go to the mall or grocery store and observe what the other women are wearing. Hmm -- whats that -- no 6-inch stiletto heels, no french maid outfits, no rubber or latex skirts. Just regular totally boring Walmart skirts and blouses and flats and jeans. I know I'm being overtop a bit here, but could the lesson be about blending in the rest of the crowd. Not to say that sacrifice your own personal style, but a Major Frank Burns said on MASH, 'Individuality is a good thing as long as we all do it together'.

That's my thoughts

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Don't let your skirt get sucked into the toilet... God I hate when that happens in a public restroom!!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

hold your head up ... and smile

mitch

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Practice. Practice. Practice.

Practice doing your hair and make up until you get past the overdone and to the almost normal.
    Practice until you get your age right (Oh my Gawd! I want to be 19 again, but no amount of makeup or cinching or really long hair will make that extra 40 years go away.)
    Practice until the woman in the mirror is tired of looking at you and is ready to go out to see the world.

And from my observations from the photos here, there are some wonderful role models for anyone wanting to get the look right here on this site. You Girls Rock!!!!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    This is all great advice but I thought we were looking for actual makeup/beauty/fashion tips. I reccomend padding your shoes with thos foam pads for the ball of your foot. You know that spot on the bottom of your foot that starts to hurt after a while? Those little pads inserted into your shoe really make a difference. That's how i go all nite in amazing shoes.

Gen

i found this here -just one thing that makes spending the many hours here so worthwile!
    with delicate skin i can not shave really close for a second day which makes it hard to spend more than a day out and about.
    shaving electric first and then doing the wet against the grain close shave with a blade is easier on the face and gets harmony out for a repeat perfomance!
    thanks again for this tip-sorry i dont remember who it came from!
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Corsets, my dears, corsets!

OMG! Corsets can change u from a shapeless male mass, to sexy fem siren, in minutes! However, learning how to use a corset takes time and patience. I'll have to do a pictorial, " How to", in the Beauty section here!

D)
    Deja. Personally, I find duct tape across the back of my neck works wonders!
    I don't go out dressed but I could, with the tape on! Many wigs cover the back of my neck completely.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!