Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: She Was Gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Thanks for all of your concern. Everyone around me is alive and well. It's me. It's like Holly checked out and left no forwarding addrtess. I'm not particularly happy with what's left... don't think those around me will be either. Doesn't make any sense... been looking forward to retiring at the end of the year... loving wife and family... all you nice people... why did she leave? I don't get it.
    Would you beleive the same thing happened to me? I went for a couple of years with very little interest in cross dressing or "Kim". In fact, I just came out of this slump about the time I started posting on this forum! I don't think I'd let it panic you. If she is not there, just respectfuly set her and her stuff aside until she returns.

Holly

You have friends here, you will be back.
    I love being a girl

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Holly

At times like this I always think of the song The Ghost in You by the Psychedelic Furs .... Inside you the time moves and she don't fade, the ghost in you she don't fade.

Holly probably feels like a ghost right now as remnants of her are still about you. Rest assured, she is still around. She is a part of you. Be not afraid.

We all go through periods of dryness in everything we do, whether it be slumps at work, matters of faith and beliefs, or pleasurable pursuits. These are all normal. We don't know why they happen, and they come about as suddenly as they go away.

Meditate and contemplate.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

please remember holly is a dear and sweet part of you. maybe holly is just taking some R n R .. she will be back you of all people should know that. maybe you should take a break too relax enjoy the moment ,

let me tell you a secret my friend myself being a ts full time is also so very stressful. all i can do now is just dress down and no makeup .. i don't care what people think. i too get sick and tired of trying to please everyone .

live in the moment holly enjoy here and now Hun. we will still be here time to recharge the batteries
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    I'm glad to hear it isn't anything mortal. It happens to all of us I'm sure. Spend half an hour on Ebay and you'll be back to your usual self in no time.

Dear Holly,

This feeling has happened to me, more than once. Caused by different reasons. Not to worry. Like others have said, the desire will probably return.

It may come back a little different--moving on to the next stage, for example. If your work life has been very involving, you might need something in your retirement that will replace it. Just dressing might not be enough. So it might be dressing and going places, or dressing and transgender political activism or volunteerism, or dressing and opening a new business like Tamara V did. Whatever it is, when you find it, it will fit you to a "T" (giggle). And when you find it, the old desire will come flying back.

Another time, I lost interest because current women's fashions left me cold. If I went out dressed the way I like, people stared because I was soooo out of fashion! (Yes, this really happened!) So I dressed a little more classically, stayed away from department stores, and spent my money on other things for a while. I wore women's pants for a few months and bought some nifty railroad models. In a few months, fashions got cute again. I had some money saved up, and had a little shopping spree. Wheee!

So it could be many things. Whatever it is, don't worry. Don't purge. Holly will be back. In the meantime, continue to be the warm, caring person we all love and respect. And if you're dressed male, your secret is safe with us.

Love,
    Rikki

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Remember, U can have Holly back whenever u like!

Just put on your red shoes, say, " I want Holly to come home". Then, click your heels together 3 times!
    You've always had the power to bring her back, u just didn't know it!

Anyway, that works for me every time!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm in the same boat right now sweetie!
    Haven't dressed all summer, and really don't have that much desire right now. The club I used to hang out at closed, and I'm dating a lot (GG's) right now, riding my bike lots and just don't seem to have the time to dress.

I guess "Tina" has taken a hiatus. Not sure when she will be back.

I hope "Holly" is just vacationing and not "gone" She has a lot of great friends here.

*smooches*
    [SIZE="2"]Tina D'Orsay
    Central Iowa

"Silence is golden,duct tape is silver."
    "You can never be to rich, to thin or wear too high heels."[/SIZE]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Thank our Heavenly Father that you are all alive and well. Be assured that "Holly" will be back!! She probably is just taking a little time to readjust to retirement. And a big Thank You for clarifying the issue!!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Platinum Member
    Holly you got me thinking..........and it hurts.......... Holly she is not gone ..... she is still there right were she belongs....... and from time to time she dose something real smart she hides out for a while..... know why???.... OK she hides out for a while so you have to hang out with him....... lol told you she was smart..... see when you think she is gone and miss her and think great stuck with him....... fear not she will come back and omg your going to so be happy with her............ok?????????? oh one more thing my dear .... answer that dame phone you had me scared to death........

look things come and go ..... i haven't been shopping in ages i was freaked about it at first ..... then thought it is what it is..... lol when the feeling comes back lol the stores are going to get cleaned out...........

we will talk......and talk....... and talk..............charge up the battery your going to need it...........

latter...........

Holly,
    As you have told me through the years when i couldn't be Carla when i want to. She's there, just give her the time she needs to figure out what needs to be done. Then she'll emerge as the beautiful flower once again.
    So be patient.
    Other wise take drugs and drink heavily

Love always
    Carla

Not gone, just resting...

Hiya Holly...
    I know the feeling well, but she,s still there in the background just resting herself ready for some new adventures

She never leaves, just takes "time out" for a while!!!

I bet you,ll soon be here proclaiming.....

[SIZE="3"]"Shes Back"[/SIZE]

Life moves on.But youll be back if it suits you,your feelings and emotions.Take Care
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

Holly, I have a feeling that your fem self will return, not with a vengeance, but with a feeling of love and acceptance. Holly has been a part of you for so long, give her some time to be away, she will return and you will embrace her. Holly, you are our CD Mom, and you are also our friend, if I could I would hug the pudding out of you (to quote another friend).

All my love

Jen Jen
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Hi Holly

You know as well as anyone here she just wont disappear
    I vacation is a good way of describing it but we all know vacations have to end
    So the secret is prepare yourself for that day
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I bought a few new pairs of pantyhose couple weeks ago. Haven't tried them on yet. Have had very little uge lately and even less time. I wonder if there is a connection. You have a full plate right now Holly. One disaster at a time, just be dilligent and patient. Our alter egos need holliday just like our outer selves. Make sure she has "a clean house to come home to" if you know what I mean.
    Remember: You are unique. Just like veryone else

Well.....like I was saying, its a loss to you "whatever its nature" a loss is a loss, but in this case the hope of a reincarnation is a more tangible one. In the meanwhile maybe there is some kind of butterfly metamorphosis thing going on.....give it time, and tell us how you are finding it...its good to talk!!
    "Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.”
    Epictetus (Greek Stoic philosopher) [SIZE="2"](who I'd never heard of either until I stumbled on the quote in "How to walk in high heels" by Camilla Morton )[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    Sometimes the femme side just up and disappears for an indefinite amount of time. No big deal really. Just get back in the game when you are ready.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I read your post yesterday but I didn't want to respond until there were more details. Having personally met you and HT Girl, it certainly didn't make any sense to me at all that it would be your wife that would be the one to have "gone".

However, now you have shared that it is your femme self that seems to have (temporarily) left you, that makes much more sense to me. While it has only happened to me for short moments (like a couple of days or so in the past) I do think it's actually fairly common for this sort of thing to happen. I wouldn't mind betting that all those old feelings will come flooding back sooner than you might expect.

Take care Holly. We'll all be waiting for you to come back, and whatever you do, don't purge!

Hugs
    Rachel
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Thumbs up

Late to this thread - blame it on a really chaotic schedule and a tendency to lurk rather than post lately. What you are going through is common to many of us both CD and Trans - there are times when we wonder why we even try to show our real selves, if we are doing the right thing, but trust me - Holly is there - even if you can't "feel" her presence - she is in your genes and she will resurface when you least expect her to. Many are the times when I've been "down" and felt that Alice would never "make it" - More times than I can count in the last few years when I've been there - I've dressed anyway and gone to a service at MCCGSL - and come away feeling 100% better because of the love and support of my fellow congregants. You have a family here and if you will let us do so we will provide help and support as you have done for so many of us. If you want or need to talk feel free to PM me or send me a phone number and I'll call you. The piece below is not original with me - it was sent to me by a friend when I was at a spiritual low point and it helped me in no small way. Shared it with Gypsy Karen when she was having hard times and she called it her "dumbo feather" - something that lifted her spirits as it did mine at a critical point. And it applies as much to being a CD as it does to being trans. So read, relax and know your "family" is here at need.

The Monster at the End of the Book

There is a monster at the end of this book. Indeed. There are two kinds of people in the world, those that have read this book and those that need to read it. If you haven't, it's a children's book for say 4 or 5 year olds. Grover, one of the lovable fuzzy Sesame Street residents, is the protagonist who knows and informs the reader that there is a monster on the last page of the book. For fear of the monster, he asks the reader to please not turn the pages, as that will only be getting closer to the monster. You turn the pages, as you do with a book, and Grover resorts to asking, chaining the page down, building a brick wall, and eventually a sincere, heartfelt plea for the reader not to turn the very last page. But who is on the last page? Grover. The loveable, kind, sweet, gentle, caring, blue, Sesame Street MONSTER that he is.
    A Monster at the End of the Book.

All that fear for a word. Judgements made based on an idea, a concept, a mental picture.

I got on the road to cheering myself up after the events of the morning by making the bed and convincing my kitty there was a critter under the sheets. He chased the little mounds of air that would travel around the bed when I fluffed the sheet gently. That's when this book came to my mind. I find it describes so many parts of transition, in one way or another.

Pre-everything, we find ourselves inexorably drawn to turn the next page. Despite internalized societal laws and direct external influences that suggest some dire consequence being the only possible end to what we do, we keep turning the pages. We need to know, need to get to the end of the book, need to find the answer to what we are and why we defy what is normal. So we turn the pages, search the internet, go out dressed, watch any and every related movie we can get a hand on, read books. Then there's the last page. And we find out that the "monster" is nothing like what the word alone made us think when we began. And *boom* we understand. Lightning strikes somewhere along the way and we realize our own potential, destroy our own cookie cutter schema of what it is to be what we are, and decide to run with our own lives, despite what anyone else might say.

From Grover's point of view. Despite our own beliefs, our hopes and wishes, we still have this block on the word transsexual. We have accepted it in ourselves, but know/fear that others may not, and some others never will, for whatever reason. We find a reason, something that makes us different, and we still define ourselves as 'different'. We fear what comes when the reader finds this "monster" at the end of the book. We fear it because, well, you know and I know that I'm just a normal girl, but the ultra conservatives, the fanatics, the idiot who referred to us as tranny fags, the Jerry Springer watchers, some of our own family members can't see past the word. They will forever blind themselves and believe that we are far inferior and deserve to be treated like trash. We build walls, we seal things away with chains and locks, and in our own heads beg with all our hearts that no one finds the "monster" we're trying to hide.

But then, there, on the last page. There we are. We are one with the word and you know what? It isn't so bad. In fact, we're kind, loveable, caring, funny, cute, normal people. As a matter of fact, we are different. We're above average. We're so different than what the word brings up in anyone's head that we stun them into a totally new concept. Yes I'm a transsexual. No I don't wear cheetah print mini skirts, fishnet stockings , or bright purple eye shadow to my eyebrows in broad daylight. Yes I am a transsexual. No I am not a gay man. I am saving my life, not destroying it. I don't hate men, I don't hate women. I AM committed to fulfilling my sense of self with a passion you'll never understand. I AM smart, well spoken, clean, well dressed. I HAVE people that love me, people that stuck with me, people that have proven their true friendship when I was at the bottom of a well. Guess what? I want to be a cisgendered woman about a million times more than you want me to be. It's a lot harder for me than it is for you to deal with me destroying your negative imagery. And I will. Yes, I am a transsexual, but that doesn't tell you a g*d d**n thing about me. As a matter of fact, I'm going to shatter what you thought about me when you heard that word just by being myself. Listen to me and you'll never see that word again. You'll see me and my friends who are similarly amazing people, and you'll know that the rest of the world is wrong. You'll know the picture you were given is one of hate, one made specifically to torture people, and you'll reject it. I cannot say I am not different, I cannot say that I am not transsexual, but I can show you what that word really means. I am the monster at the end of the book, but I am not anything that you thought I would be.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

-Anais Nin

Peace,

Alice

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar

Every once in a while...

I feel like I'm just not myself. Like the person I am isn't really the person walking round talking to people. My desire to be the carefree spirit I know myself to be just isn't there. I stand in front of the canvas and nothing comes to me. I suddenly fear I lost my passion and talent to paint. Its scares the HELL out of me.

I found that times like that are simply my mind's way of saying, "hey, I'm tired!"

I've learned that I need something new and different. Some time not thinking about life and all its issues. Just some time to enjoy the here and now. Then suddenly, like an inspiration, I find myself compelled to do something fun and crazy. Then I seem to get right back to being me.

Strange, isn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Damn Sweety, you had me...all of us a bit worried! I am very relieved that it was not a lost love one (pets included). I think you will find that many of us have had our femme side up and leave for some milk and not come back right away. She'll come back, she just needed a vaction for a bit. We all need to go on vaction every once and a while. Maybe she'll come back with some vacation goodies
    Drumming, My other hobby

Coda...

Smile

She's still there...you...and the rest of us love her too much...

Red face

Holly who's gone? You know we all love you and will be there for you so please let us know what's happening.

[SIZE=4]Dearest Holly,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Sometimes we all get a bit lost. For some of us it takes a bit longer to find our way but we always find our way home. We are keeping an eye out for you and will nudge you back into the fold very gently.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]You are one of the stalwarts of this site and I tend to look up to your advice. We are here..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Your sis,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/