Thread: About to be unleashed onto an unsuspecting world?

About to be unleashed onto an unsuspecting world?

Well it looks as if it's finally going to happen.....Christi is going to set foot outside the front door to a TG club near Detroit in a few weeks time.

Although I don't want to appear to be a massive attention seeking drama Queen, this is quite a step for me. I haven't a clue about what I need to do etc - apart from what others have posted on here....which I must admit is quite a bit.

Therefore if you don't mind, I'll be asking more questions on here later.

Top priority as every girl knows however is 'what on earth shall I wear'?

I've posted a new album (Digital camera abuse) on my page and would really value your opinions as to what would be the most appropriate. The pictures will be viewable once they've been moderator approved.

Thanks for reading
    Hugs,

Christi

Christi,

As one who is firmly in the closet I can't really offer any advice. But as you say, there are plenty on here who can and will.

Your post led me to look at your album and I think you were wrong with the title All of them are lovely and show someone who is just another woman

Good luck with stepping out, and please let us know how you get on.

Luv

Susan

Christi,

I wish you all the best on your first trip into the wide world. I truly hope you have a blast.

As for what to wear I really don't need to look at pics to give you some ideas. The first thing to consider is what the others you are going with will be wearing. Then consider where you are going and what you will be doing.

The last time I went to a bar it was in Chicago and I knew that there were going to be a lot of other girls there who would be dressed to the nines and I wanted to stand out just a bit. So I wore a white micro-mini with a purple tank and 4 in platform heels. But, I also knew that I would be in a relatively safe place and that there would be other girls who would be wearing similar outfits so it wasn't a big deal. The same week I went shopping for some new sandals and wore capris and a matching top.

The best piece of advice I have ever gotten on this subject was to try to blend. The less you are noticed the better off you are in a public place that you are unsure of.

Again, have lots of fun and just try to relax.

Huggs

Anna
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Wear what you are comfortable in and that you will enjoy. Find out what others are typically wearing and figure out if you want to outdo them or match.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Have a great time and get ready to become addicted to getting out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Your sis,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

it depends on what type of club this tg place is about ?. i would go dressed nice but also for comfort dancing in high heels can be painful after a while for your first time i would go have fun and do some re con. that way should you like what you see you can go better equipped next time .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Cristi, closet coward here!

I'm very proud of your bravery! Your medal is coming in the mail!

If I were u, after looking at your pics, here's what I would wear;
    Any long sleeve top. Your favorite, maybe?
    Any skirt that comes above your knee. ( Hot legs, show them!)
    Your taste is good, trust it! The FORCE is with u!

Remember your beard cover!

Go, have the time of your life!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

What to wear?

I would plan the outfits to suite what you are going to do ;eg luncheon ;maybe look more business like,early evening cocktails;obviously cocktail dress,evening-more elegant and alluring!?
    Have a range of lingerie to wear and include an assortment of panties and hosiery and possibly a corsette or waist cincher to give you the best shape.
    keep the makeup subtle so as to feel comfortable as a woman but not ****ty(however that may be the look your after so whatever just go for it if you have the opportunity-lucky girl!!)Oh and dont forget to pay attention to shaving and the hair.I certainly need advise on hair as Im nearly bald and have no wig yet.I must get onto this!

Have lots of fun

Pattie O

Slip Lover

The Great State of California votes for....

Christi, it's hard to say knowing nothing about the club you are planning to visit, but I think that I would cast my vote for pictures 3, 4 or 10 in your new album which would look good most anywhere. Perhaps you could spice it up some on the next visit. Hope it goes well!!

Ashley

YAY, Go girl and have fun. For the first time wear something you feel good in but then look around and see what others are wearing. That way you will know how far to go and will have more fun later increasing your wardrobe
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    If it is a TG club it really doesn't matter what you wear. Wear what you want. Be comfortable. You will have enough to deal with being your first time. You will know better next time how to dress like the others if you are concerned about fitting in. Some things you can only learn by trying.

Gen

Hi, glad to hear you are taking your first steps out. It will be an unforgetable time for you.
    I visited my local bar in male mode to check it out first. Wear what you are comfortable in. It's surprising how m any peopledo not take any notice especially in a TG bar.
    Have a great night.
    xx
    Stevie B

Well if it were me going to a club my first time out I'd wear a kick ass LBD or a black beaded cocktail dress (I have one if ya want to borrow it.. Lol) .... with black 4" pumps.. Cute matching black clutch purse... Maybe a gold sparkly wrap in case its a bit chilly... Don't forget some sweet jewelry... Gold of coarse to match your wrap.... If tour going to do something might as well do it right!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    If you are trying to decide between the outfits you showed us, and this outing to to a CD friendly club...

I think the red top black skirt looks best, tho the white top is good.

Basically, I think the solid color outfits look best. tha petterned ones, I don't know, they are not bad but just make you look older than what you are.

Opt for solid colors.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Thanks for the advice ladies.
    I don't really know much about the club - that's why I was intending to 'dress conservatively'. I don't want to stand out as I'm going to be self conscious enough as it is without drawing extra attention to a 6ft guy in a dress with an English accent!
    I am wary about spending so long in heels....but as for dancing, there'll be none of that. I'm the worst dancer in the world
    Hugs,

Christi

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I'm very proud of your bravery! Your medal is coming in the mail!
    Thanks but I'll be returning the medal - I've had a crisis of confidence and my bravery has evaporated rapidly to where it's virtually disappeared As a result, I'll probably not be venturing out.

Thank You so very much your support though
    Last edited by christid66; 09-08-2008 at 07:22 AM.
    Hugs,

Christi

Quote Originally Posted by christid66 View Post
    Thanks but I'll be returning the medal - I've had a crisis of confidence and my bravery has evaporated rapidly to where it's virtually disappeared As a result, I'll probably not be venturing out.

Oyy...Don,t you dare back out now sis...

Or i,ll have to fly over and drag you out by your sweet l,il ass

I know how you feel though, it took me ages to get out the first time, but since then, i,ve rarely looked back!!

Just keep persevering hon, you,ll get there eventually, otherwise i,ll hop on a Jumbo and drag you clubbing, and you really don,t want that

Quote Originally Posted by christid66 View Post

Try this: Just go a little bit at a time. First, tell yourself you're just going to take one teeny little step out the door. When that doesn't seem so bad, tell yourself, well maybe you'll just take two teeny steps. Keep this up and pretty soon you'll find yourself sitting in the car. And then, you could at least drive half-way to the club and then turn around and come back. And when you get halfway there, and that wasn't so bad, well then you could drive 3/4 of the way there before you turn around. And then ...

Before you know it, you'll be out and about and having a great time!

I've done some pretty scary things by taking little steps and telling myself that I wasn't actually going to do "the whole thing."

Good luck to you, and remember that just because something is scary, that isn't a good reason not to do it.
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Chrissy Sweetheart, get those high heels on and get out there! There are a couple hundred of us that would love to go clubbing with you and have some fun. Get out and shake it girl!

I understand your apprehensiveness I’m barely out of the shell myself but each step brings a smile to my face and more and more courage. I’ll even bet there will be several girls there 6 ft.+ so I wouldn’t worry about that. You’ll bend in nicely.

As for your photos, boy I wish I could look that good! My choice out of the Digital Camera Abuse album would be either 712 or 687, Gray mini-skirt with white top (shows off your assets nicely I might add) or the plad mini with black top. Of course, no girl can go wrong with a LBD (725) so I would consider that too. All show off a great set of legs so I don’t think you’ll go wrong with whichever one you pick.

Now, if you want homespun, girl next door look; I’d go with 695, very sweet, adorable and wholesome.

In the Horrors album, either the beige skirt or red dress would be nice but I think a bit too conservative for a night on the town. Maybe perfect for dinner in a nice restaurant, concert or play.

Well, that’s my . You look pretty good though and I’m really envious.

Jen

Debs, Pamela & Jen,
    Thank You so much.....That is so nice of you. I just hope your words have the desired affect

Jen,
    You're right about my outfits being conservative. I do have a couple of 'dressier' outfits so I'll see if I can do them justice.

Thanks again
    Hugs,

Christi

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Christi what kind of place are you going to? i don't think i can quite picture it. have you ever been there before?

going with anyone? wished i lived closer

Darla,
    I wished you lived closer too.

I've never been there before - I think it's a bar with an upstairs nightclub but I'm not exctly sure. However, the night that I had an opportunity to go is by all accounts, 'not the best night to go'.
    I'll have to come up with a plan B
    Hugs,

Christi