Thread: A Entrepreneurial question here...

A Entrepreneurial question here...

There seems to be various groups or networks that get together annually or monthy outthere for the CD/TG community who offer various components to be addressed or spoken about.

However, most require you going to them. Now what if they came to you?

My thinking is if a seminar was created that traveled to various cities each week or two and put on a three or four day seminar that included a variety of topics, how to, social as well as providing products to either see try and or buy and this included the hotel if needed. In additon, there would be social gatherings in the evenings....

You could schedule a make over or learn how to apply make-up. They would have a large selection of vendors who could provide all types of products to see try and buy....

The whole idea would be to bring about the very best seminar a girl could ask for. It would be the toal one stop location for CD/TG folks.

What would you like to see and how much would you be willing to pay for something like this.

Yup just an idea and I'm interested in seeing how many answer this thread and how many would be interested in taking advantage of something like this....

I think under the right set up it could prove to be a big boon to someone...

first you would have to find a way to get all the scardycats to show up!!
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

Free milk and cookies?????

Aspiring Member
    Meow!!!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Uh, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylen View Post
    Meow!!!!
    That says it all for me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Well, hun, I just don't think your market is big enough for something like this to work. Despite the fact that there may be as many as 7.5 million in the States (5% of 300M/2) interested in such an event, we're just too seperated by geography to give you concentrations in any but the larger metro areas.

Also, of course, you have the Harmony Factor , most of us are scaredy cats who just will not go out in public, especially to such an "out" event.

Even SCC, the largest event of its kind only attracts about 1000 (WOW! 1,000!) from all over the continent (and the world, right Suzy?). You just couldn't expect to get enough to pay for it in places like Paducah or Peoria! Remember, it's those small town girls that are, in general, the shyest (and for good reason!).

A good idea, Sher hunny, but still a little ahead of it's time, I think.

Sign me up!!,I'd go in a heart beat!!!great idea Jennifer
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Heck, I would show up. I need someway to get away and be Paula. It would be a welcomed break from............ well you know.
    No, those are my Panties]

Silver Member
    This is a good idea, but would you find it laughable or strange that your next door neighbor and some of your co-workers showed up too. IMO, CDing is still very personal for most of us and not acceptable in most societies.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    first you would have to find a way to get all the scardycats to show up!!
    hiding in the corner of the closet

[SIZE=4]You might think about bringing it down a bit and having one presenter give a presentation to a scheduled group to keep your cost down. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]A typical one day presentation would cost approximately $1500 to produce for the travel, room and conference room for a single person presenter. If the presenter is to make any money, that cost would be over the base. So if a presenter were to charge $1000 for the day then the cost of a single day session would be about $2500. A cost per person of $250 would require 10 attentees, while a cost of $100 would require 25 attendees. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Obviously the presenter's stipend will depend on the presenter but the base costs are hard to reduce unless the presenter uses free conference space (very limited) or the local group that is attending sets up a free location to meet, like a church or a lodge room or something like that. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I typically travel to a location and present a 6 hour seminar on deportment, wigs and wig styling and makeup when my clients want me to come to them rather than traveling to my studio. The last three trips I made were into Canada and the group organized the trip, found a presentation site and paid me my daily stipend for 9 attendees. At the conclusion, 7 of the 9 attendeees dressed and we went out to dinner and dancing. For 6 of them it was their first outing ever.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Just my input.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

I think it's doable, but it'd take some work, and it's probably not going to be the most entrepreneurially-successful endeavor.

I've always thought the 5% figure people like to throw around is a gross overestimate. There's no way that 15 million Americans are crossdressers unless you include every guy who ever had a fleeting thought of putting on some panties when he was 15.

There's plenty out there, though.

The Dayton area has a little under a million people, and it's not like CD events are publicized well. Still, every three months a support group gets people together at a salon, then they go to a club downtown. There's usually about 12 people. In Columbus every month there is a little get-together at a club with 50+ CDs.

Those are CDs who have the guts to go out in public. If you worked to make it private, you'd probably get a decent turnout. I mean, if you could work with the hotel and maybe block off half a floor with a banquet room, you could have a place to hang out, and have a room for makeovers.