Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you give it up for?

What would you give it up for?

I have the idea in my mind but I'm having trouble putting it into words. Is there something in your life that you really really want but can't seem to obtain? Is there anything that you want really bad that you would give up dressing to obtain or is dressing too important in your life to give up? Is it more important than gaining things you really want? Does this make sense?

I'm not saying that dressing keeps us from what we really want in life, but if it did, would you be willing to give it up? I'm also asking these questions working under the assumption that we could just give this up if we wanted to because ultimately I believe that despite our best efforts, we can't really just walk away from it easily.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Scary post for me, Jill.

I've always thot Sherry was just a passing fancy. That she would just disappear, if the rite woman came into my life.

After 7 years with Sherry, I have my doubts;

1. That she'll step aside gracefully, should I meet that special GG.
    2. That she'll even let another woman into my life.
    3. That I could give her up, if I wanted too!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

God loves me as I am Jocelyn Renee's Avatar
    I would give it all up for my wife if she asked. My love for her and my commitment to honor our vows trump everything else. If asked, I would put my bi-gendered life on hold for my children until they begin their own lives. Other than those two examples there is nothing else for which I would deny my true nature to retain.
    "It's a sad man, my friend, who's living in his own skin, and can't stand the company." - Bruce Springsteen

"Im not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand." - Prince
    --
    Connect with me...http://360.yahoo.com/joc_renee

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Renee View Post
    I would give it all up for my wife if she asked. My love for her and my commitment to honor our vows trump everything else. If asked, I would put my bi-gendered life on hold for my children until they begin their own lives. Other than those two examples there is nothing else for which I would deny my true nature to retain.
    Mind if I borrow your post ? Because that is exactly how I feel. But it would be tough, because it's not about the clothes.

The purpose of this life is to experience feelings and emotions in the illusion of time. We are who we are for a reason. It is our destiny to deal with these feelings but our choice as to how we do it. It mostly depends on what is more important to us and what we need but it's really our choice as to whether we pursue this as self discovery or put it on the shelf. One fact is unalterable and that is that it is in our DNA and our personal grid program and that is why it lingers. In the end, however, it is totally our choice and we must be prepared to live with the results of that choice.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I would give it up right now, if I could.

BF

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    After 7 years with Sherry, I have my doubts;

1. That she'll step aside gracefully, should I meet that special GG.
    2. That she'll even let another woman into my life....
    What's she gonna do, Doc, yell at you? Balance, my friend. Balance. Stay in charge. Don't let the girl within dictate your entire life for you.

As for me, I doubt I could completely stop. I could abstain for awhile, but in the end, I'd still wear girl clothes. So my best answer will be to not make promises I cannot keep.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    ...As for me, I doubt I could completely stop. I could abstain for awhile, but in the end, I'd still wear girl clothes. So my best answer will be to not make promises I cannot keep.
    I was gonna say "Never!" Marla. But you're right. No promises...

I've already given up a lot to be able to continue doing this, and after reading about so much frustration and hiding and outright lying (I hate lying!), I'm glad I did. It's not like I was ever gonna run for president anyway!

I have no family to speak of, not marital or by blood, and my independence has always been a treasure to me. My dressing, secretive as it has been over the years, and my inability to even think about giving up my freedom are both so ingrained in me that I'll probably never give up either.

I like me just the way I am, and it took years to get this way.

Of course...ya never know! Never say never, eh?

Just trying be who I am. Byllie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Renee View Post
    Ditto!
    Life comes in all colors ... so please be kind to all you meet.

my family.....
    No, those are my Panties]

Yes I could put my femme side undercover for my wife. Family is just too precious. We could reach some compromise to keep the femme part of me happy enough to not go crazy. I was depressed before letting the girl in me breath. I could go back to medicine if I needed to.

Big Hugs Edyta

Kids

I have everything I want and more so crossdressing is my hobby when I have time...

Now if I had to give it up to keep something.... Wife, family and of coarse Ice Hockey come first!!! Anyone can dress up like a girl but not everyone can drop in a shot through the goalies 5 hole for a score!!! Hahaha
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

[SIZE="4"]LOVE[/SIZE] If the right woman comes along

Failing that [SIZE="4"]MONEY[/SIZE] Lots and lots of it :

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    [SIZE="4"]LOVE[/SIZE] If the right woman comes along

Failing that [SIZE="4"]MONEY[/SIZE] Lots and lots of it :
    by definition the "right woman" wouldn't want me to

but lots of money, maybe

It's been part of me for almost 50 years. And for the 3 years my wife has known as been even more so. I have pretty much all I want so I don't think that scenario will be happening.
    Angie

I'm pretty happy where I am. My wife knows and is coming to accept my dressing. She would be the only reason to give it up, unless health issues became a major factor. Right now I'm just my male self and quite happy. Yesterday I was Alice and quite happy. Seems like an even balance to me.

I've allways thought if the right woman came along i'd give it up no hesitation, but shes got to be right, she has to enjoy her femininity and dress up glamorously occasionaly, these types have allways aluded me yet i see them on the high street every day..sadly i allways seem to meet the ones that dress down or scruffy when we go out somewhere, believe me i know the effort thats involved but if a women did that for me i'd feel so appreciated, proud and a man, i'm fed up up looking at other couples that seem to have it sorted, its like you've been picked on by a greater force not to get what you want in this life..blimey i do whine sorry! reckon its this wine i'm drinking getting me all feeling sorry for myself.

I am sorry, but CDing is who I really am and I will not go without it again. I am me and I am here to stay!!!
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I don't think it's a matter of what I "would" give up. I think it's a situation where it's what I "could" give up. And if you mean the whole thing for any person or reason, it's very doubtful.

We have numerous accounts that run in this forum along the lines of: "The Wife said give it up....thought I could, but I can't!" I have yet to see a situation where someone COMPLETELY gave up their femme self.

What you "would" be giving up is a large chunk of your personality. It would be like a voluntary lobotomy, except that people who had lobotomies where able to forget....something you can't do!

Here comes The Mantra again; instead of trying to think in terms of some noble sacrifice that "would" make you give it up, find self-acceptance. Once you figure out, "Hey, I'm not a bad person; the two of us get along," you stop worrying about what it would take to stop being yourself. By the way, it would probably be easier to self-amputate your arm....so why even try.

Peace and Love, Joanie

ditz
    let me put this in context. I'm sitting here in my royal blue maids uniform, my wife is in bed (having seen me put it on). Last month i would have gladly given it all up, despite the fact my wife knows, understands and embraces my feminine side for the chance to have children. After trying for close to 2 years. But we have just found out we are expecting our first child. where does this leave me now? i'm so happy i cry almost every day. my wife knows that it would mean the world to me to be able to cuddle my child as a woman, and i almost certainly will. but i know that my days of dressing and sleeping in a satin nighty are numbered. How do i feel about that?.... oddly.. happy, the way i see it, my own family will fill the gap that dressing fills at the moment. Sophie will always exist, she'll just be taking a back seat while life and family wind their (hopefully) happy course!

Sophie

A relationship with a woman.. long term of course.. but even at that I think that my Carly side would have to be there in some form.. I can't see ever giving up wearing what I like for anything or any ideal situation.. I'm not saying that cross dressing is that important but rather that cross dressing is just part of who I am..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Wannabe View Post
    I am sorry, but CDing is who I really am and I will not go without it again. I am me and I am here to stay!!!
    My exact same thoughts as well.

Silver Member
    There is nothing that I desire that I do not already have that could make me give up cd'ing for. The love of a woman is the only thing I lack but for it to be true love she would have to be accepting of the cd part of me. I am not a wealthy person but I live comfortably so money would not be something either that would make me give up cd'ing. I believe that being a cd is something that will always be a part of me and I am comfortable with this. I would not give up cd'ing even if I could. It has been my way of life for over 50 years and I will never give it up.

If I ever get bored with it, I'll give it up. Otherwise, I might consider a handful of magic beans.