Thread: Three-Part Question

Three-Part Question

A. How would you describe the 'Pink Fog'.

B. Do you think it's more often constructive or destructive?

C. Do you think most CDs in the middle of a Pink Fog would readily admit it?
    ....we are all made of stardust

Getting carried away with all things fem.... Something I don't get any more....

Neither constructive or destructive...

Admit what?? I can quit any time I want....

Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

A. Intense sense of euphoria felt by a CD when really into it.

B. Depends. It can take on a mind of it's own sometimes, not necessarily in a beneficial way.

C. Probably not.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Susandrea,

These are fair enough questions. I'll try to answer from my perspective.

To some, pink fog may be a state of euphoria about their femme awareness where rational behavior can be overshadowed by various degrees of compulsion. Begging a pardon for the pun, we become head over "heels".

It is both. Differentiating between them would depend on the circumstances. For example, its destructive when it interferes with ones personal safety, relationships, basic needs, etc. It may be constructive when it motivates one to improve their physical well being, or to become less testosterone driven and more sensitive toward others. I'm sure there are more examples.

I cannot speak for most CDs. On the other hand, I will readily admit it.

Hope this helps.

Babette

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by susandrea View Post

So involved, so enraptured with the femme that other thoughts are pushed to the side... Sometimes stressful thoughts are replaced by calm, but sometimes important things, like responsibilities are ignored.

We've seen it both ways. As long as we can recognize the Fog rolling in, we can try to control it. But uncontrolled, the Fog can make one forget that, for most of us, there's a real life to be lived as well as our alternate life.

Most of us actually revel in it, I think, as long as we can recognize it for what it is. The Fog, more or less, is a pleasurable experience. But a few have been lost and made bad decisions. And like Karren says, eventually it loses it's hold over us and we become more rational as we become more mature.
    Last edited by deja true; 09-05-2008 at 07:40 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    So involved, so enraptured with the femme that other thoughts are pushed to the side... Sometimes stressful thoughts are replaced by calm, but sometimes important things, like responsibilities are ignored.

We've seen it both ways. As long as we can recognize the Fog rolling in, we can try to control it. But uncontrolled, the Fog can make one forget that, for most of us, there's a real life to be lived as well as our alternate life.

Most of us actually revel in it, I think, as long as we can recognize it for what it is. The Fog, more or less, is a pleasurable experience. But a few have been lost and made bad decisions. And like Karren says, eventually it loses it's hold over us and we become more rational as we become more mature.
    Almost exactly like that for me! Rite now, I am not feeling the fog. Maybe because of my ability to CD so often last month!? (When I WAS probably in the fog!)
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Pink fog
    1)Knowing what makes you happy and indulging in it
    2)a term sometimes used as another way of saying "you have problems"

Constuctive or destructive depends on the person.This can apply to anything that somebody does

I cant speak for others but Id admit when I'm having a good time.

The only thing that was destroyed is the value of opinions telling me Im living my life the wrong way.I cant and wont change.This is me,this is my life and no one will play god with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member having fun. Sophia de la luz's Avatar
    A different set of criteria moving towards a blushing experience of fun and serenity.

destroying tight boxes, creating new possibilities

Admitting it and learning from it.

When I catch sight of myself in the mirror and think, "You go, girl"

It's constructive because it never fails to please me but it can be destructive when it interfers with marital matters.

If you don't admit it, you've probably never realized it or are in denial.

A....Foggy and Pink

B....In my case, it is normally more constructive, i seem to become a calmer/better person because of it.

C...Yup..When your in "the Fog" it,s hard to deny

A. Wonderful.
    B. Destructive.
    C. One would have to.
    Angie

It is sad, lonely and makes you feel invisible. It makes you feel like anyone who is living with someone with an addiction. It becomes and obsession and nothing stands in it's way. It is not a healthy nor a happy place for a spouse to be.

Definately destructive from the stand point of the spouse, I'm sure that the CD sees it very differently because they see nothing but filling that need and satifying their crossdressing impulses. Unfortunately, many times it makes the cd turn a blind eye to the needs of their spouse and significant people in their lives. Often, the sigificant people start dropping out of the cd's life and the "pink fog" blinds them from picking up on or even caring that it is happening.

No I don't think that they can. I think in this state nothing else is important and the euphoria of filling this need is over powering. Which makes it impossible to admit that it may not be healthy. It's like and intense guilty pleasure, or so it seems.

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    As a place that I get to indulge myself and my SO as I love life and find anyone living it with gusto worthy of admiration. Some refer to the Pink Fog as a selfish place where cders only care about themselves. I don't believe that's true of everyone. I find a lot of times, its a place where they finally let go of that fear, that hesitation and plunge into the depths of what they really want to do. As for me... I'm just enjoying it as another wonderful step in Kayla making her life what she needs it to be in order to be happy.

Now how could shopping be destructive!? Sacrilege! Okay... well it does destroy the paycheck... but what's the point of earning money if not to spend it?

I don't think most CDs are alike enough to put them in a category like that. Seems more of an individual thing. But I suppose for the purpose of answering your question, do you see the forest when you are in it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar

It's not very foggy for me. I think as you understand it, it is the place where I am actually supposed to be. It's a happy place where I'm 100% me. In the place where I was before, not in the fog I suppose, I was only an incomplete me. When I'm here I'm balanced and whole and I know my SO sees that, understands it and also prompts me to be there when she believes I'm not allowing my full self to be expressed.

For me, and indeed for my SO, it's constructive. You can have no idea just how much incredible good it has done for our life together. We are, compared to our previous existence, a pair of very happy bunnies!

I don't know. I'm happy to because it feels like a place of normality for me.
    Sarah...

Banned Read only

An obsessive compulsion that happens out of nowhere. It's a bit like that feeling when you can't stop playing a slot machine. There's definitely a manic element to it, heart racing, thrilling, exciting.

It would depend entirely on what risk you put yourself in by being outed, or hurting those around you. The thing in itself isn't constructive or destructive. It's how you act that is the problem. It's an altered state of mind and a very strong compulsion and like anyone in that state, whether it is alcohol, gambling, drugs, they may become the life and soul of the party or cause a lot of hurt.

It's very difficult to know you are drunk when you first get drunk, or are suffering from depression when you actually are. To be able to stand outside an altered state of mind takes experience.

Gold Member

A - I think it is when CDing is always in the back of one's mind. That is the fun time when buying female items still creates a rush, when one is nervoud to go anywhere dressed femme but excited.

B - Probably destructive. One, the excitement disappears fastest during this time. And, it is hard to concentrate on important things.

C - I think most would. I mean it is not like we can really hide it when we are in it and talking all the time about dressing and such. Altho, if most are like me, they have never hearde of "pink fog" until they came here.

Anyways, my biggest problem is grey fog. That is what happens when someone is a tobacco addict.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

The CD character I'm writing about slips into the 'Pink Fog' after his wife leaves him, and he goes from enjoying his new found freedom to experimenting in some risky behavior.

He also spends a ton of money on new girl stuff.

Enjoying his new freedom and 'girlness' so much, he comes to realize he's not at all anxious for his very disapproving wife to come back.

Anyway, he definitely slips into the Pink Fog after years of repressed denial, and is able to turn it into a good thing (eventually).

Thanks for all your replies. You all have always been so great when I come here with questions. I really appreciate it!
    ....we are all made of stardust

For me, The pink fog is that feeling you get inside when you can only think about all things girly. I feel compelled to be femme from head to toe.

I would its constructive, because it gives me a since of peace.

I don't think most would openly admit it, because I don't.

A pink fog; When I'm really into going and buying clothes it's like being in a trance, I see no one and no outside influences are met..
    B constructive; better than the alternative..
    C good question there really because I am so out of my mind when I'm there myself..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...