Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mountain? Or mole hill?

Great words to live by I wsh it were as simple. But when you keep diiging the hole. Your life seems like a pit sometimes. When I can finally accept who I am. I have an unaccepting wife to remind that this just doesn't work.
    Life is full curve balls I'm gaining the courage everyday but it seems so hard to deal with it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

Its not us you have to convince, its them! LOL

Society is based on rules and standardized behavior. The more organized and structural, the more efficient and successful that society will become. Individuality is frowned upon because it is unpredictable. A small amount can be accommodated but nothing should challenge the central pillars of society. Unfortunately transgendersim does exactly that. We challenge the neat organization and labeling system that society is based upon so are considered a threat.

If DD's artistry was condemned like CDing is then she would also want to know why. Nobody thinks about socially accepted behaviors because we don't need to. But anything anti-social needs to be explained because it means that person has broken out of the social conditioning and so society wants to know how this can be fixed so it will not happen again.

It is all based upon the illusion that society is based upon normal healthy human behavior when in fact it is deliberately highly constrained to squeeze out as much individuality as possible.

As to wanting to know the reason why, I happen to think this is a good thing. If we were not a curious species we would still be living in caves. Advances in knowledge will eventually help lead to changes in society so transgenderism will become accepted one day. Without knowing the reason why will leave CDing as an oddity which allows the prejudiced to label it under perversion.

Knowing why also has a beneficial effect on the individual giving them the confidence and reassurance to accept themselves and lead a happier life. Trying to achieve this while believing that there must be something wrong with yourself is very hard.

GypsyKaren
    I tell people that sometimes a ham sandwich is just that, a ham sandwich, so put some mustard on it and enjoy.

Karen Starlene

Ivy
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDaughter View Post

I have no desire to stick a psychosis label on cding. It simply is. I was born with gray eyes (using the gorgeous Sheena's example). Sure I could find out the scientific reason behind it, but it doesn't change their color.
    Thank You! I have felt that example a number of times, trying to explain this to my gf is sometimes like trying to explain why my eyes are brown.

I LOVE the "Art" as substitution, too. I feel like a Delacroix, but people look at me like I'm a Mapplethorpe

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Satrana View Post
    Its not us you have to convince, its them! LOL

Society is based on rules and standardized behavior. The more organized and structural, the more efficient and successful that society will become. Individuality is frowned upon because it is unpredictable. A small amount can be accommodated but nothing should challenge the central pillars of society. Unfortunately transgendersim does exactly that. We challenge the neat organization and labeling system that society is based upon so are considered a threat.
    I disagree about the importance of strict order in society. i think that diversity and substantial constant change are essential for ensuring a societies long-term survival through changing circumstances. So in fact the rigid slow to shift structure, the very pillers of scoiety are a substantial threat to the society and a far greater one than unpredictable change.

Actually my current hypothesis of human civilisation is that there are essentially several main groups in society.

The creatives. From artists to engineers these are the cause of innovation. They also tend to be the more different.

The ordinaries. Nothing wrong with them, they are the mainstay of the species. Without them the rest of society would collapse crumble and starve.

The users. Made up mostly of psychopaths (the powerpath varient specifically) they take the innovations and new things of the creatives and integrate them into the lives of the ordinaries. Not for the purpose of benefit to the ordinaries or society in general, thats just a side-effect, but merely to advance their own position of power. However to ensure that other powerpath users cannot rise too quickly to challenge them they must crush and prevent as much innovation and creativity not directly under their control as possible.

And so the Users through the millenia use the creatives and the ordinaries to get power then foster hate for either other societies or the creatives within their own society not under their direct control to undermine their competition and to keep the ordinaries and creatives from realising how they are being used.

Because Transgender people threaten no important part of society or it's order or structure. Just like gay people don't nor women before that. And at every turn society has become better with increased civil rights and increased diversity not worse off.

Of course there is some neurobiological evidence that some people are born less able to cope with new ideas or with change.

In which case every civil rights struggle will be just as fiercely opposed as the last as each new generation involves an conflict between those who can understand why it is right and those mentally disabled people who find any change threatening and uncomfortable.

Or the comparative studies of chimpanzees and bononos that suggest humans carry both groups social genes could explain it.

Many of us carrying the free-love society of the bonobos with their love of new things and peaceful but very very kinky ways while many carrying the chimpanzee gene with it's hostility and fear towards the different, it's society based on aggressive violent dominance murder and rape.

But whatever the situation is we do have the following facts:

Society does indeed change.

People change it.

There is nothing unethical about crossdressing. It causes no harm by itself, only the culturally and socially determined reactions of some in modern western society cause harm in response to it. Many cultures throughout human history have considered us valuable, special, important and even sacred!

There will be another generation of crossdressers and transexuals etc after us!

Now think about that!

If we pass up our chance at changing society back to it's former TG-loving ways then the next generation will have to do it. And if they are too scared then it'll be the next one. Ad Infinitum!

So how many generations might we cause to suffer by our inaction if we do not change the society in our own lifetimes?

See there is the real moral dilemma for us!

Not can we find an excuse to tolerate our own crossdressing. Not is there something wrong with us. Because if we just deal with that we guarantee the next generation will have to do likewise too just like generations before us had to struggle!

Our moral dilemma is whether we have the courage to stop passing the buck. Whether we have the courage to make a differance in the world. Even if it's just a small one, even if it's done from inside the closet so long as it keeps the ball rolling, keeps gaining ground.

Because whatever hypothesis explains their motivation the fact is there are those intent on ensuring the next generation are either no better off than we or are even worse off!

And if we do not act to prevent that then we will be guilty by our inaction.

Well said DD my wig is off to you and it fits everything not just us Crossdressers or Transgenders or what ever
    Be Yourself, Everybody else has been Taken......Oscar Wilde

I go to the beat of a different drummer

Susan Michelle

Gold Member
    psychologists like to label behavior cause they usually have a corresponding drug to presribe. Hell with them.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

The clearest view is sometimes from a little distance?

As if coming to any "logical explanation" would ever "cure" it.
    I think that's the root of a HUGE amount of the agonising that goes on.

I was born with gray eyes (using the gorgeous Sheena's example). Sure I could find out the scientific reason behind it, but it doesn't change their color.
    Exactly. When we find acceptance within ourselves, it ceases to matter why..

Thank you, DD.

xx
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

DD,
    I just love the way you put so many of my thoughts into coherent words that make sense. Thank you for your depth of understanding and the ability to express. You make me think.
    I have often wondered why it is that when someone steps out of line, out of the norm so to speak, there is a mad rush to bring them back into the fold, into "normalcy" again, instead of trying to find out where they are going.
    Labels? Heck, I didn't even know I was a GG until I joined here.
    "It takes a real man to dress as a woman."