Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressed in girl's clothes while a child....

Banned Read only

Dressed in girl's clothes while a child....

Did this happen to you?

Mother once bought a girl's blouse and asked if I'd wear it....

I did.

Just one of the girls Rachel_CDS's Avatar
    How old were you at the time?

Did you enjoy wearing it?

Was it a really pretty, girly sort of blouse?

Banned Read only
    I was about 10.

It was not a really girly, frilly blouse, which explains whe she said she bought it by mistake.

I happily wore it around the house, yes.

Just one of the girls Rachel_CDS's Avatar
    I think I would have worn it too!

I wish my mum had bought me girls clothes when I was little!

When I was about 5, my mother altered a very satiny set of her pajamas for me to wear. I didn't think of them as girls clothes although I loved wearing them.

we [ children]would dress up in old clothes and she would sometimes let me wear earrings and lipstick 4 or 5 yrs of age. Morgan

Hi Heathr, My parents dressed me as a girl until I went to school. I was not told of this until I was older and my parents had passed away. I have no memorie of it. none of my early youth. I can remember dressing in my mothers cloths but felt that I was doing something wrong. A aunt came out with it durning a get together, I asks her why but she did not know. I now have a girl friend that loves me dressed, we are the same size in cloths and shoes I can dress any time I want and we have a great life.

Oh you lucky girl I think I would have like a frilly blouse myself.
    Angie

This did not happen to me, but I have a question to ask.

Why is it ok for most parents to say it is acceptable for a young child to play dress up, but when they are a teenager (or spouse), there is so much negativity?
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

I once got a pair of hand-me-down bluejeans from a female cousin. Having the zipper on the side instead of the front was a real pain. (This was late 50's time frame.) Other than that, I really didn't think anything of it.
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

dressed as a child

When I was 5 or 6, I remember going to a local beach with my Mother and sister, along with couple of other mothers and their children. My mother warned me not to get wet as she had brought mo other clothes for me. Well, you guessed it, I fell in the water, getting my clothes wet. As my mother had no other boy clothes, she dressed me in the ruffled panties and top and shorts of one of the other girls in the outing. At first I wqas horrified, but after a little while, began to enjoy it. Later, upon arriving at home, I was so happy, I gave my mother a big hug and kissed her on the lips,) this way
    I could get some lipstick on my lips and feel prettier. Before she could stop me, I dashed out of the house, to go show my friends how cute I looked. The other little girls, just longed my girlie look and we began to plan to play house.the next day. When I arrived at their house, they imediately gbegan to dress me in their panties and dresses. We played house, I was able to be one of the sisters. I was in heaven.

This type of activity went on for several years. As we got older, their mother would help us do our make-up and nails.

Gold Member
    I was threatened a few times with being dressed up like a girl. I always kind of wished they would buy me some cute things like my sister got but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma England View Post
    This did not happen to me, but I have a question to ask.

Why is it ok for most parents to say it is acceptable for a young child to play dress up, but when they are a teenager (or spouse), there is so much negativity?
    Good question. I think it is cause as we go beyond grade school years, society wants us to act testosterony or some crap.

I think also cause they know they have a CD on their hands and it is not something that goes away.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Years ago like in the 1800s, and before that, many kids under the age of 5 were all dressed like girls. They all had dresses to wear. They were not considered boys until they reached age 5 then they were dressed like boys. It may not have been this way for all boys, but if you look back in history you will see what I am talking about. Yes, your Grandfather was dressed as a girl when he was young.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Wannabe View Post
    Years ago like in the 1800s, and before that, many kids under the age of 5 were all dressed like girls. They all had dresses to wear. They were not considered boys until they reached age 5 then they were dressed like boys. It may not have been this way for all boys, but if you look back in history you will see what I am talking about. Yes, your Grandfather was dressed as a girl when he was young.

I had a great Uncle whom was dressed in pretty plain looking little girls attire. I have a picture of him from 1905 maybe. He did have long hair that was in ringlets, and a broad brim straw hat The family wasn't rich, but the picture shows them all nicely dressed. There was one older boy and three girls. They homesteaded near Terre haute Indiana, in a flat boarded cabin. This practice was not only done in rich families. From what gather from the picture.

I think so

I was born with a twin sister that did not survive. (Enough said) I remember as a youngster, way way young going to the local grocery wearing girl's panties, and later my mom doing Avon sales and I was presented to the women clients as I modled lipstick, mascara and other makeup. I also protested about these sales events but was enjoying them beyond belief.

Back in the 50's short pants [like Capris] were popular for women and were called 'pedal pushers.] I had a pair of pants my family called 'pedal pushers.' I do not remember where they may have come from or if they were boy's or girl's pants.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

When I was ten, I was taking skiing lessons. My mother obtained some tights from a friends daughter to use like long johns. I was horrified at first but soon really enjoyed it and looked forward to wearing them. The rest is history...

Jaydee

I have several 'approved' crossdressing experiences as a young lad. When I was about 7-8 my mother got some girls' jeans from a friend-they were too small for my sister and they were presented to me to wear. I don't remember about any side zippers, but I suspect the flap was facing the left, girl style. maybe a blouse or two, but not frilly. Another time I forgot to pack pajamas on a short trip. My aunt lent me a nightgown to wear-really happened, but it wasn't some glorious double panel lacy nylon chiffon number, just a plain cotton one. As I was already secretly a transvestite though in small steps-sister's pink panties, live in housekeeper's used hosiery-these trivial issues made an impression. I remember them nearly 55 years later-must have.

Re babies and dressed as girls, my father's baby photos from 1911 show basically a dress on him. I read one place, but never could find out where the story was, that back then BOYS were dressed as infants in PINK, GIRLS in BLUE ! I know this is hard to believe, but pink was viewed as a 'stronger' color than pale, weak blue. Old photos of the times naturally wouldn't show color so hard to verify that way. Don't know if this was truly the situation and when it changed to more modern preferences. best, helenr

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    Back in the 50's short pants [like Capris] were popular for women and were called 'pedal pushers.] I had a pair of pants my family called 'pedal pushers.' I do not remember where they may have come from or if they were boy's or girl's pants.
    They were sold as "clam diggers" for boys.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

As I have posted previously, my mother bought me girls' underwear throughout my elementary years in school. They weren't ruffly ones, but they did come in various colors, including pink. I had the days of the week ones too. She stopped doing this the year that I started junior high (that was the year that I started having PE class that included showering and changing clothes amongst the other boys). At the time that I was wearing girls' panties, I didn't really think about it. I didn't really know what other boys were wearing and my mom did not make any kind of deal about it. I just accepted it.
    On a few occasions when I went on clothes shopping trips with her, she selected a girls' outfit that she had me try on with her in a dressing room at a department store. As far as I know, she never bought any of these nor did she dress me in girls' clothing (other than the panties) at any other time. I started trying on her clothes when I was seven, but I did it secretly and with a lot of guilt and anguish.
    As a child, my grandfather wore dresses until he was about five. That was the fashion for boys at that time (ca. 1890s).
    warmly, Linnea

I had a doll as a young boy. I don't remember that though but I have been reminded of it quite often through the years. Later on, I would have to wear my sister's panties on occassion if I ran out of clean underwear. I didn't know better at the time but my sister was seven years older than me and quite a bit bigger. The panties always seemed to fit 'just right'. My mother would often use me as a dress form for dresses she supposedly was making for a girl cousin. I always had to take my pants off for the 'fittings'. Funny thing is though that after my mother passed away we found those very same dresses in my mother's attic. My sisters knew nothing about them. About eight or nine years of age I had an accident on my uncle's farm. My clothes were very badly soiled. My aunt made me wear my girl cousins dress with the full complement of girly undies and shoes. I don't think any of these experiences affected my dressing or girly desires. It wasn't until I was in the fifth grade that I wore a colonial girls outfit that my sister wore about 5 years before. A few months later I got to being curious as to what it would feel like if I wasn't wearing pants under it. I tried it and was firmly hooked on CDing from that point on. In stages I would try on just a little bit more each time. Each time it got to be a lot more exciting.

Not just a pig-n-lipstick
    Having two older sisters it was almost inevitable that they dressed me up as a girl (with make up) at some point during my childhood.

As far as I can remember they only did it once and I was pretty young (<10) so I don't recall what outfit I had on but I know I thought it was fun to play dress up.

I was raised basically as a girl until about five. When my baby brother was born blind, my dad made me switch to boys clothes and get my hair cut short. I ran away from home with the neighbor girl dressed in her clothes. The police couldn't find us right away because they were looking for a boy and girl. Then my dad was very mad and forbade any crossdressing.

In retrospect, I know my mom very badly wanted a girl. So I was sort of disappointing. When my brother was born (blind), she and my dad sort of took this as a sign that what they were doing with me was wrong. I HAD to do manly things like football, baseball, and other sports. So I was off to an early start! That was some 55 yrs ago.

Hugs Edyta

Little boys dressed as little girls

My Father and all his nine brothers (he had two sisters as well) were dressed in girl clothes, this was because it was far cheaper and more practical to maintain than boys clothes (in some respect this is still true today). When I was a lad in the 1940's you still saw farmers wearing smocks with gaiters, this was in the South West part of England, I belive that this traditional dress was also adopted in the USA. Just thought I'd pass on some of my memories.
    Lesley Ann

Dresses for babies

Quote Originally Posted by helenr View Post
    Re babies and dressed as girls, my father's baby photos from 1911 show basically a dress on him.
    This practice may have somewhat carried over to the 50's. I checked my baby album and the first gift I received was a dress. I always wondered why my mom put that in there if there was such a taboo about it.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan