Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressed in girl's clothes while a child....

Banned Read only
    In reality, it must me an awful thing as a child to be made to dress in girls clothes in the presence of others against your will and be humiliated.

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    In reality, it must be an awful thing as a child to be made to dress in girls clothes in the presence of others against your will and be humiliated.
    Awful, yes ... but the human psyche is full of twisty little passages. Consider, for instance, a child who is usually ignored and usually feels lonely and rejected. For that child, suddenly being the center of attention while dressed as a girl might cause a huge psychic shift. To the point where the individual might spend the rest of his/her life seeking humiliation.

I don't have any firm evidence that this dynamic plays a role in anybody's crossdressing. (Including my own.) But I think it would be rash to assume that nobody ever gets wired up that way.

***Jenna Lynne***

I had three older sisters so there were always plenty of thier clothes for me to experiment with. However one of my sisters had a project in which she had to make a garment from scratch in her Home Econonmic class. She decided she would make a shirt for me and took all my measurements to make sure it would fit me. The color she picked was baby blue and the material was Rayon. When she finished the project and received her grade, she brought it home and gave it to me to try on. (I had planned to wear it as a dress shirt with a tie). As soon as I put it on, I noticed that all the buttons were on the wrong side. When I showed it to her she said "oops my mistake, but as long as it buttons that way, maybe I can borrow it from you sometimes." I wonder if she knew that I was "borrowing" her clothes? I'll never know because she is long passed away. Alas! PS I did wear it with a tie and nobody ever noticed the difference.
    Last edited by Jilmac; 09-09-2008 at 11:58 AM.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Banned Read only
    For those that dressed up playing with sisters or friends. I'd have loved the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    Back in the 50's short pants [like Capris] were popular for women and were called 'pedal pushers.] I had a pair of pants my family called 'pedal pushers.' I do not remember where they may have come from or if they were boy's or girl's pants.
    For a very short period in the late 50's, they marketed pedal-pushers (capri's) for boys. They were called "clam-diggers," but I imagine a lot of women would have called them pedal-pushers, since both items looked alike. For that short period, they were very popular.

As I remember the trend lasted for one or two summers. I had a olive green pair and I remember going fishing in them during a summer spent with my grandparents in Southern Indiana. I would have been around 10 years old, and that would make the timeframe around 1959. Probably it was the "clam-diggers" that you remember.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 09-15-2008 at 01:35 PM.

My Mom always dressed me in clothes that were nerdy type boy things; not actually girly. I think girl clothes might have been better. If you have a very skinny little boy in the house, please don't make him wear tee shirts with wide horizontal stripes!

But this has just brought back an odd memory: I recall thinking that my Mom always wanted a little girl. I bet I haven't thought of that in fifty years. How strange.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Oh how I wished and prayed! Hardly a day went by when I didn't pray that my mum would let me wear nail polish on my toe-nails, and panties, and when I was 13, a training bra like the other girls (oh and that my boobies would grow), when I was dressed as a boy. And then when I was home, that I could wear dresses and skirts to complete the ensemble.

*sigh* If I could just go back...

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I started dressing as child but all on my own.

That's MISS fire to you! Misfire's Avatar
    I'm sure most of us "played dress up" as children. I can remember as early as six or seven getting busted by mom all the time. She never got mad though. Now that I'm older she tells me that it was more funny than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Wannabe View Post
    Years ago like in the 1800s, and before that, many kids under the age of 5 were all dressed like girls. They all had dresses to wear. They were not considered boys until they reached age 5 then they were dressed like boys. It may not have been this way for all boys, but if you look back in history you will see what I am talking about. Yes, your Grandfather was dressed as a girl when he was young.
    There's a painting of the Sidney family dating from the Renaissance. All the children are dressed in dress-like things and have the same hair. The only way one of the boys is obvious is because he has a sword. Apparently a male didn't get breeches until he went to school, and then he could dress like a man. It was considered that learning and the mind were masculine traits and the `body' was a feminine one. Until you went to school you were associated with the body and thus wore feminine things (I imagine this only happened in rich families). Once at school you received an education, learnt to fence, not be passive but be `masculine'

I wish my mother let me wore her clothes like you guys. She never let me although i secreatly wore her clothes just to get the feel of, that was when i was about 10.

itd be nicer if parents would ask children what theyd want to wear instead of guess. id think around age 4 or 5 would be appropriate.

I wish my mum had boughtme a blouse. I had to make do with older brother and sisters clothes. Come to think of it it wasn't that bad though was it?

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    Back in the 50's short pants [like Capris] were popular for women and were called 'pedal pushers.] I had a pair of pants my family called 'pedal pushers.' I do not remember where they may have come from or if they were boy's or girl's pants.
    I wore as a young boy pants that where called clamdiggers. I don't know if there the same as the petal pushers. but i seemed to be the only boy to wear them. They where I guess a both Male And Female type clothing this was in late 50s early 60s
    I will follow my heart

Work in progress fluffy_kingston's Avatar
    When I was about 5 or 6, my mother hemmed a dress for a neighbor girl using me as her model.

My father never knew, but he would'nt have approved.

My older sisters played 'dress up' with me a few times when I wasn't more than 5-6 years old. SOMEWHERE in the piles of old family photos is an old polaroid of me, standing on a suitcase as a 'stage' modeling my 'gown' (a full slip). If I can ever find that pic again, I'll make it my avatar

The only other time I can remember being dressed as a young child is when my mother dressed me as an old lady (black dress, tights, heels, wig) for halloween. No photos of that survive
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

My mom acted as the neighbor seamstress also, and used me as the "dummy" to pin and measure girls clothes on me when I was around 7-10. when we went swimming at my cousins several times I had to borrow some of my (female) cousins dry panties to wear, after "forgetting" to bring a change of clothes with me.
    I loved the feeling of the silky panties, and since I was 12 or so never wore boys undies, though mom never understood why I had so few pair of undies in the laundry, but I think she really knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa82 View Post
    itd be nicer if parents would ask children what theyd want to wear instead of guess. id think around age 4 or 5 would be appropriate.
    If every parent did this, I would say that most boys would choose something pretty.

That tends to be girls clothing.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

When I was young i use to play Football(Soccer).After the game i tended to be quite muddy and mom wouldn't let me sit on the car,so she got me to wear some of her or my sisters clothing.I had 2 sisters so you could imagine what the clothes were like.I remember one of those days(or more then one) mom taught me to cross my legs like a women.I tended to get muddier as the season went on

I was asked to be a dairy maid in a play in Grade 3 when I was 8 y.o and I was so excited to be able to wear a dress and I even got to wear pantyhose and the best bit was when I had to curtsie at the end of the play.

Pattie O

when i was about 10 i remember my grandmother use to buy clothes for my girl cousin who lived far a way. we were the same age and about the same size...my grandmother and mother use to make me try on all the clothes for her before she shpped them to my cousin.

I remember that my Mom had washed and pressed a silky type blouse that belonged to my sister in law and by accident she gave it to me to where to grammer school, the feel was devine and I loved it and when I got home my Mom laughed and told me that it was not a boys shirt and she did not rush for me to take it off but Wow come to think of it it was the very first time that I wore female clothing in public at about 10 years old. Joann0830

P.S. I never realized that the buttons were on the wrong side
    Last edited by Joann0830; 09-30-2008 at 06:02 AM.

jbirds
    my older sister used to dress me up and show me off to her firends and even gave me a new girly name

No, but once when I was eight I wet myself while sleeping. When I awoke, I told my mother that I had wet myself, and I was out of clean underwear. As we were at my grandparent's house she dug around in the garage in some old clothing, and found a pair of panties from when she was eight. She then told me to put them on, and that no one would care that they were panties.

My brothers made fun of me for about a month after that. It finally went away, but I too was placed in girls clothing by my mother.

Banned Read only
    Inachis.

How did you feel at the time?