Thread: Wearing perfume and having someone Notice.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile Wearing perfume and having someone Notice.

Was wondering if anyone has worn womens perfume too work? I have and found that I don't smell the perfume so much on myself anymore. I usually do one spray on the neck and 1 or 2 spritz's on the wrist and then I rub the wrists together. I smell the scent for about 30-60 minutes, but after that time I hardly smell it anymore. Today at least 5 hrs into the day one of my co-workers said my perfume was over powering, I could not smell anything.
    What I'm asking is do you not notice your own perfume after awhile? But who cares I like wearing it now. Kim

The Scent of Perfume

I myself wear perfume about three times a week. After awhile it seems to wear off a bit. Sometimes during the day I'll remember my wrists have been sprayed and that scent lasts a majority of the day for me. Seems that some perfumes are more expressive than others and others experience perfumes in different volumes no matter how much or little one applies. My personal choice is one that whispers softly "Come Hither", it is a real joy to be able to experience it - whenever!

I wear a tiny bit on my wrist. If someone ever notices I'll just say my wife spritzed me before going to work.

I wear something everyday but it is a musk and I have had compliments from both men and woman.Joann0830
    Last edited by Joann0830; 09-12-2008 at 10:37 PM.

I wear perfume everyday, Amercrombie 8 its sort of a musky sweet scent, no one really says anything. I really like the way it smells.

Jess

I live in the Portland, Oregon area, with my (now) 18-yr-old daughter.

Scent experiments

You can do this experiment pretty easily - take a strong scent; even kitchen vanilla or almond oil or peppermint oil will do. Sniff the bottle for about 30 seconds to a miknute. At some point, you will cease to smell it. You will be able to smell other scents. There is a name for this phenomenon, which I can't remember. Anyway, it's not surprising that others will pick up on your scent when you can no longer sense it...

Lee

Just the wife

The only one who has ever mentioned that they could smell the perfume was my wife. She hates the particular brand that I like so some times I will use some of hers. I don't use it very often.

I do notice that when I go to the closet or drawers where I have some of my femme stuff that got sprayed with perfume that many of the items still retain the smells and it can be weeks later. Other people MUST smell it but just don't say anything or are just enjoying it.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

I wear perfume everyday now and

I don't mind if any one smells it now. I like it and will wear it everyday.. Thanks for all the comments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Perfume or colonge are really 'persona non grata' in the work place or most public places these days. Almost as bad as smoke in my books! think about it girls!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Your olifactory senses will get used to any smell after a while however bad the smell is thats why you don't smell it and everyone else does.
    I don't mean your perfume stinks BTW.
    Case in point if you come up on a very stinky person and gag and wonder why that person doesn't know they stink reason being they don't smell themselves.

The term some of you are looking for is
    olfactory fatigue
    and the risks to others fall under the general heading of
    multiple chemical sensitivity
    Commercial perfumes make many people ill. I have witnessed it and experienced it from a few perfumes. Please don't use these in public settings.

I wear it to work also. No one's ever commented at work, however, even though I know they can smell it. I know this because a nurse during a visit to the doctor commented on how nice it was.

And yes, it is very faint to my own olfactory senses. Knowing this keeps me from putting on too much.
    DonnaT