Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming here and evolving

Coming here and evolving

When i first came here [just over a year ago] i only dressed occasionally, and even then, it tended to be more only in lingerie than anything else.
    Also i only had one cheap wig, bought from a fancy dress shop!
    At that time i was very unsure about my crossdressing and really i was looking for a way to stop!!

Since coming here, i dress regularly [at least three times a week] and i always dress "all the way".
    I fully accept who i am and completely embrace my girl side fully now!

I think joining this forum helped me to evolve myself to be who i really am

Has anyone else found that by coming here, they,ve evolved in a similar way?

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Evolving. Oh yes. That sounds about right.
    Only wearing panties when I joined and through the many stories and encouraging words I have encountered along the way I have reached a level where I have been out in daylight to a couple of shops.
    I have still to conquer the mall but maybe one day....... :daydreaming

Edwina

Smile

I think I have evolved quite a bit. Allthough I still have to conquer my fears about going out dressed . It seems to me that going out dressed is a little scary, but none the less it is something I have to do. I just love to wear make up and a wig,but the time is never there. So for now I will have to get up early and dress to the best of my ability and go on from there , oh yea my wife knows and is very supportive but the stress around here makes it very inconveniant .:

I'm with you on the evolution thing. What's a little scary is that by its nature evolution has no ending and that where I am now is only a point in time leading to somewhere else. From frilly knickers on day one to full time in the future?
    Yours in a state of flux, Amanda x
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

I'd say that is true to an extent Debs and it's certainly nice to come here and compare notes and share experiences. I've found that my evolution in becoming the person I am has mostly to do with what I have done myself. It takes courage to be who we are and while it is nice to have the support, we are pretty much on our own in the real world.

The one thing we have to remember is that each situation is different and many of us may have more opportunity than others for self expression. We may become emboldened and encouraged by what others have done or are doing but in the end we need to build up our fortitude if the person we are is going to be real and long lasting. Once we really get in touch with our feelings, it's up to us as individuals to develop that, especially if we have the goal of acceptance for who we are. Building a solid foundation makes all the difference and this is true with anything in life.

The main thing is that we tend to have a better outlook on things than most "normal" people and I wouldn't trade that for all the tea in China. The very best thing about coming here is that we make real friends who are not afraid to be themselves and that is hard to beat in any scenerio. I couldn't think of a better place to spend my time in any case.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I was dressing a lot starting when I came out to my wife just before I came here so I'd say no. But I have gotten some good ideas hrer Deborah Jean.
    Angie

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Nearly a year for me, too, DJ.

Used to dress in/for 2 hours max. Now, I have these "big production" dressing sessions that can last 3 times that long!

I guess this is progress????
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

it has help me. i dress better and feel better about myself and have come to know you all as my dear friends how cool is that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Most definitly. When I first joined this site, I was very much in the closet. My wife did not know and the only real interest was in panties and panty girdles.

Because of this site I got the courage to tell my wife about my dressing, and over the last few years I have also grown to love much more than just panties. Not it is all the lingerie, dresses, pantyhose and shoes. I think that I am at a plateau for now. I don't have any real desrires to go any futher. And I am very comfortable with who I am and where I am at in life. All thanks to this site.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Smile

My dressing is a private thing in my life right now because no one would understand it but since joining all of you here it is easier for me. To join in with others in which I have this in common. It is fun to read about others and their experences and to post a few comments of my own. This is a great site and my Thanks to those who provide it.
    You are all my support group.
    Jolene

It's funny you would mwntion that, I feel since coming here I have evolved greatly in my dressing. An a beautiful thing is that my wife has helped me to evlolve and maybe even done so a little her self.

Gold Member
    I enjoy the site quite a bit but I pretty much went thru all my cd development before I was even on the web. I haven't found really a whole lot that I didn't already know.

I wish I had had the benefit of sites like this when I first started, it would have saved the trouble of a lot of wasted time, money, and akward experiences
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

On the emotional level I've evolved light-years in an incredibly short time -- but I was so ready for this! At the dressing level, I'm trying to keep the evolution at a pace that won't creep out my SO too much. She seems to be getting used to things a bit, but I'm certain that hitting her with full dress all at once would have been a disaster. --- But I'm so ready for that too. Sigh!

And yes, this forum is one of the best things that ever happened to me.
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Evolution is a very good thing,my short experience here so far has been extremely enlightening,you ladies helped me understand my self better.
    Coming here has also made me wonder,when a neanderthal accidently put on his mates animal skin,was that the true beginning of crossdressing.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

Without a doubt, this has changed how and what I focus on,especially in the areas of health and fitness.The wonderful people within this site have inspired me to new challenges that have improved the quality of my life.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Before CD.com I was evolving quite nicely by myself. Seeking to become quite fit so I could partake in the survival of the fittest race.

I misunderstood Darwin's theory of evolution when he said fit and I was aiming to become quite pretty and somewhat sexy as opposed to being the best fit for my particular niche.

Then I logged onto CD.com.

And found a whole new niche with others like me populating it. And there was not exactly an over-population of people in my new-found niche. Meaning there was room to grow! And oh boy am I growing. Evolution has nothing on me! So rock on CD.com, you are some wicked growth hormone!!

Sarah...

I learned a lot by coming here. Most times, girls are very helpful and considerate. We're all of the same mold, after all. Not a one of us doesn't have, at least to some extent, some familiarity of the issues we all face in our lives. So having a place to go where we can be calm, content, accepted, where we can belong, has been very important. It is the input I received from others here that has helped me most in self-acceptance, which is something that has been essential to my life. It's seen my evolution in crossdressing styles and techniques. It helped me come out to my wife, even though she still does not discuss it with me.

Yep, I grew quite a bit since I started bumping the forum!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    I would say I have evolved more mentally than physically.
    For the mental side of things this site and it's members are an amazing bunch, full of information and experience. I have yet to find a topic or question that has not made me understand myself or situation better everytime.
    Physically it makes me strive to look better seeing others looking so good.
    Trying to come to grips with this lovely thing called Crossdressing.

Thankful there is a place to ask for help.

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    Has anyone else found that by coming here, they,ve evolved in a similar way?
    Yeah, I'm a full grown fresh water dolphin now

sorry... don't slap me.... ouch...
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Shaft View Post
    From frilly knickers on day one to full time in the future?
    Yours in a state of flux, Amanda x
    I,ve often wondered that myself.....
    Will i one day evolve from an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Andrews View Post
    Physically it makes me strive to look better seeing others looking so good.
    Me too...
    Everyone here has been an inspiration to me to try and look and be the best i can

I was this wackey before I came here.... so nothings really changed... lol

I have gotten a lot better at makeup....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

This site has helped me envolve a little, It has helped me to understand that I`m not alone, never thought there were so many of us
    Some of the forums have gave me better idea`s and gave me more confidence.

I would have to say that this site has helped me greatly in coming to terms with my crossdressing desires, and in fact embracing it as a part of who I am. Since joining this site, I have confided with my wife, and she has accepted and supported this side of me. But most important of all, I have gained the love and understanding of all of you fellow sisters out there, and that's the most important thing in my evolution.

For me joining this site has helped me to better accept my cross dressing , myself and the person I am .
    It was a huge help to find this site , and to realize that we are all fairly normal people from all different walks of life that can share our experiences and feelings with each other without feeling like some kind of freak
    I am also much more comfortable when I dress and have increased the frequency of my dressing . ( a great feeling )
    Tomara

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    It's an ongoing evolution with me. I'll never be "done"!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!