Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does your SO like anything about your femme side?

Does your SO like anything about your femme side?

In doing research to bring the crossdressing topic up to my wife I was wondering if there were things your SOs like about your feminine side? It doesn't have to be dressing related or even when you are dressed.

For example maybe you like shopping more than the guy next door and she enjoys that. Or you buy your SO gifts that other guys wouldn't have the nerve to purchase. Or that you maintain your appearance in drab mode and don't have the 50 long weird eyebrow hairs. Or sharing clothes, etc.

Just looking for positives about having a femme side.

Hugs,
    Tabitha.

Whilst I was repressing my CD self I was moody, closed-in, not very good company a lot of the time. Since Ruth came out, we are both much brighter and nicer to know. I am also able to express my feelings much more easily and my wife says she finds me much more affectionate than I was.
    We can also have conversations about clothes, hairstyles etc. which she finds very enjoyable. I was always prepared to go clothes shopping with her but now she enjoys it more since she knows she can ask for a feminine viewpoint. (She is still not keen on going shopping for clothes for Ruth however.)
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Going to movies that would be considered chic ficks. Doing the cooking, cleaning up around the house. Talking to her and lising. Shoping (no) I like to shop more than she does.

Annaliese

Not really.
    She does not like my feminine nature being to overt nor any conversation about what I would like to wear. However, she does like my cleaning and housekeeping and readiness to watch chic flicks and never give her a hard time about buying any clothes.

A girly husband is not her thing.

[SIZE="4"]NO, she hates every bit of it[/SIZE]
    Karen Francis

Positve things

Although I like/ love both sides What I like about Shers girl side
    Shopping we have fun for sure doing that
    Girl Spa days or nights
    Going out as two g/fs
    Dancing ...Sher loves to dance...guy side...nope
    Our own private slumber parties.
    I have a girlfriend as well as a boyfriend
    Double our wardrobe
    Sher has just the slip or bra for that new dress I might have bought and I can borrow it AND VISE VERSA
    Sher is a lot easier to buy gifts for.
    When Sher buys buys me clothes, she knows the correct size
    Will not complain if I wear curlers to bed
    Lets me try new do's on her hair
    Never complains about leaving the delicate undies out to dry.
    Satin and velvet are more snuggly
    I can borrow Shers jewlery and vise versa
    Understands why I go through so many pairs of stockings.
    Does not expect me to get ready for a night on the town in 15 minutes
    I can ask her how a outfit looks and get a truthfull answer
    When she says "Hon, you look nice." I know She really means it.
    Its like having a live in cosmetologist..
    Dress her up in a French Maid's Uniform and ohhh la la
    Accepting me as I am and I totally do her as well.

Its fun and brings a closeness thats hard to explain and since you said you are researching to be able to tell her.........please stress to her you are the same person she has always known...............nothing has changed....you love her.................you were afraid to tell her ( I think this will be the thing that will upset her most after she gets her head around it...the secret) answer all her questions honestly and have info for her books ect...this site....when and if she wants them. Be prepared best wishes
    Last edited by Di; 09-15-2008 at 04:20 PM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Debbie likes everything about my femme side, and she accepts it as the totality of the me that is me. From dressing and the (fun!) sexual side of it, to the fact that she says that I am more sensitive and caring in general and not all macho, she likes the girl within me, and that makes me feel very loved.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

It is what it is
    No, she doesn't like anything about it. She only makes an effort to tolerate it, not to accept it. Whenever I try to broach the subject, she tries to change it as quickly as possible, or she just gives me smart-ass answers/ doesn't take me serious. It's frustrating I want to involve her NOT just for my benefit, but because I want her to know what is going on, that I have nothing to hide (it's called being honest, I think?). I know that it is "weird" for her, and I just wish there was something that could help us compromise.

My SO loves that I shave my legs and armpits. She also appreciates the fact that I share my feelings and emotions more easily, and that I'm not afraid to cry.
    --Kat

"I never kept up with the fashions. I believed in wearing what I thought looked good on me." --Bettie Page

"This above all--to thine own self be true" --Hamlet, Act I, scene iii

Is Disney a Mickey Mouse operation?

she likes where the toilet seat is kept
    Last edited by beau; 09-15-2008 at 05:13 PM.

My wife is very happy with my fem side. She loves the sensitivity I have for her problems and issues and joys. She loves the way I appreciate her taste in clothing and how we always a have great time shopping together. She loves how I can share my own joys and trials of femininity.

In short, being TG has been a very powerful positive force in our lives.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

Nada, Zero, Zilch

Nothing! My SO does not want anything fem as it applies to me. Must be macho, macho, macho....and don't talk to me about that CD stuff either!
    Charlie

Di -- How can I beat that list for you and Sher? I will say that my wife calls me her fashionista. She asks if this top will go with this bottom or whatever. I tell I don't know anything about fashion, but she says that I do. So, I play along and add my two cents.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    My wife actually said she thinks i do a nice job on makeup. She must like it, she sent me for more foundation (she uses Clinique from the dept store) and asked me to pick out some lipstick and eyeshadow for her

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    Like Di, there isn't a thing about Kayla (DD's Girl) I don't love. But if you really want to get down to it... sure the clothes, borrowing, closes, spa nights, sharing, etc is nice...

But what I love the most is seeing the person I love truly happy. What isn't there to love about that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDaughter View Post
    Like Di, there isn't a thing about Kayla (DD's Girl) I don't love. But if you really want to get down to it... sure the clothes, borrowing, closes, spa nights, sharing, etc is nice...

But what I love the most is seeing the person I love truly happy. What isn't there to love about that?
    Yes being happy...nothing better well said DD
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

The Satin Dreamer Vivian_Anne_1's Avatar
    I can only dream that my wife would be accepting of my femme side.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    she likes where the toilet seat is kept
    I know that is true!!

That's too bad that so many say the SO doesn't like the femme side at all

Former Member
    My wife love the fact that I am good with makeup. She loves it when I give her a makeover. She says it is very relaxing and she likes the way she looks when we are finished.

Advantages of Having a Crossdressing Husband

Advantages of Having a Crossdressing Husband
    1. You can have your own private slumber parties.
    2. If he wears a skirt it's easy access.
    3. He always envies you because he would rather be wearing what your wearing.
    4. You can have a girlfriend as well as a boyfriend who doesn't mind waiting while you take your time shopping.
    5. You can double your wardrobe if he's the same size as you!
    6. You never have to worry about cheating on you with another woman. He IS the other woman!!
    7. You always have a girlfriend to go shopping and have lunch with!!
    8. He'll NEVER object to being a clothes dummy and wearing a dress while you hem it.
    9. While shopping, you can test a new shades of nail polish on him and he doesn't complain or ask to see a matching lipstick.
    10. He'll rarely have scratchy five o'clock shadow.
    11. He'll never ask you to have a thresome with another woman as long as he can wear the lingerie.
    12. He will be sympathetic about your excess body hair.
    13. He won't tear your lingerie when removing it from you.
    14. He won't mind waiting on you or your girlfriends, and he won't forget to curtsey.
    15. If you need a slip for that new dress you bought, he happens to have the perfect one, and lets you borrow it.
    16. You can switch off wearing high heels on a long shopping spree.
    17. A man in a dress makes a good cook.
    18. He loves to smell perfume and will give you an honest opinion.
    19. You can test a new shade of lipstick on him.
    20. If you purchase something for the home, it will never be too feminine.
    21. At least the toilet seat will be down.
    22. He is a lot easier to buy gifts for.
    23. He knows just the right way to make love, takes his time and knows just what makes you tick!
    24. He will understand much better that the best thing a girl can have when she feels down is new clothes.
    25. If he buys you clothes, you know he sizes them right.
    26. You can take him to the hair salon with you and he will sit quietly while you both get your hair done, and he will never complain. In fact he'll thank you.
    27. The only time he will ever care if you wear curlers to bed is if he has to wear the oversize rollers.
    28.He understands why you don't care for spending 8 hours a day in pantyhose and high heels.
    29. Never complains about leaving the delicate underwear out to dry.
    30. You have a girlfriend that doesn't get PMS.
    31. He will not only shop with you but will pay the bill as well!
    32. He knows how to handle the delicates when he does the laundry.
    33. Satin and velvet are more snuggly than denim and wool.
    34. He understand the need for quality cosmetics.
    35. You have more excuses to go shopping, and he will even carry the bags.
    36. You can borrow his jewlry, clothes and makeup.
    37. He understands why you go through so many pairs of stockings.
    38. He no longer expects you to get ready for a night on the town in 15 minutes or less.
    39. The world needs more feminist in lipstick.
    40. You can take the Cosmo quizzes together.
    41. You can ask him how na outfit looks and get an intelligent response.
    42. His new friends don't spend all day watching football.
    43. He knows to walk slow when your wearing heels.
    44. If he says, "Hon, you look nice." you know he really means it.
    45. He can spot makeup smudges better than any other guy.
    46. He's like having a live in cosmetologist.
    47. He loves to go shopping with you and watch you try on clothes.
    48. He knows how to treat a lady with care and respect.
    49. He's a friend that will stick arround, and won't flake out on you or stab you in the back.
    50. He loves to dress up and have long chat sessions.
    51. You can have a threesome without adding another partner.
    52. If you've been bi-curious you can experiment a little.
    53. You know one of you will have a tissue with you when you need it.
    54. Dress him up in a French Maid's Uniform and you have a house cleaner for the day.

credit for this list goes to Christie...
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ght=advantages
    Hey this is me....it's who I am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks
    outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens.

-- Carl Gustav Jung

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Ma'am, You can wear the pants in the family....may i wear the dress.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TabithaLah View Post
    I was wondering if there were things your SOs like about your feminine side?
    My feminine side (in a general sense) is what she likes best! She says she could never be with a "regular guy" ever again. You see, my wife Marla doesn't really like guys much, she prefers a partner who is "more like a girl" (her words not mine) especially when it comes to personality and compatibility.

Our TG group the River City Gems did some outreach at a college recently (it was a human sexuality class) ... and my wife was on the panel. During the Q&A session someone asked her: "What's it like being married to a crossdresser?".

She said (and I remember every single word): "I like it that my husband is in touch with his feminine side, I like it that he understands some of the things of what it is like to be a woman, I like it that he completely understands why it takes so long for me to get ready to go out, I love it that he understands that how I can look in the mirror one day and feel confident and cute and that the very next day feel the opposite, he knows this because he feels this same way about himself when he dresses as a woman, there are many good things about being married to a crossdresser. Unfortunately there are a couple of bad things too (at this point I was worried about what Marla might say) she said: "The secrecy is the worst part. Having to hide this part of our lives from Rachel's family and not being able to be open about it as if it was "normal". Our neighbors have never been told but I do think that they do know unless they think there is another woman living in our house with us as they see two women going out on the weekends. The other thing is not being able to be affectionate with each other in public when Rachel is in girl mode. I still know that it's my husband when he is dressed .... but he's just looking different and to me kinda cute, but I can't hold his hand in public or kiss him if we go out as "two girls". We have to pick our moments, that's why we like going to LGBT venues because it's normal for for "girls" to hold hands or kiss."

I know this is unusual, but this is how it is in our marriage. The other thing that my wife tells me all the time that there is nothing wrong with a guy wanting to "feel" pretty. She also likes it that I am "quieter and softer" when I dress. If, like me, you have a gentler personality anyway, but that it tends to come out even more when you dress, then that's good too.

So what I'm saying is, when I dress, it puts me in a different mind-set. A mind-set that influences certain personality traits in me and (in my mind at least) makes me feel better about myself whilst nurturing behavior that both me and my wife think suits me, and it also makes me feel pretty, happy and contented.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 09-16-2008 at 12:30 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My SO is OK with it he doesn't understand the need to do it but is very accepting.He get comments from the people he works with when I have to pick him up from work every now and then.They think he has a girlfreind.
    He does enjoy the fact I'm not too macho and a little girly.
    I can still whip him arm wresteling.

I'm the same as Di and DD.

There really isn't anything I don't like.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna