Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how many closet cd's are going out dressed this Halloween?

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    S'funny. I always hated dressing up for haloween! With a passion.

I often thought of going en femme but was too chicken. I wanted to dress up but didn't want to look over the top - just go as myself so to speak and that always felt too close to outing myself at a time when that wasn't an option. And so obviously I then thought of really going over the top with my female dressing to convince people I wasn't really into "being female" but that seemed not to be right somehow, so I didn't bother.

I did dress up as the "Tiger Who Came for Tea" once - it wasn't haloween but does that count?

Sarah...

Interestingly I have only been out enfemme twice near Halloween. I never really seen it as a CDers holiday as I have mostly wanted to wear the more mainstream femme clothes.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

i think my church is gearing up to show the rocky horror picture show this year so i am going to see it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by valenstein View Post
    I'm still undecided, I don't know what my plans are yet. I'm sure this will come up again here before Halloween, but it makes me uneasy to wear things as a costume that otherwise make me feel normal. The one time I did, I went over the top into the drag category. I felt free walking through the grocery store in an evening gown, but when it came down to it, I was still hiding who I was.
    I dressed for Halloween once in 2001, it was a bad idea, and I've never done it again. It ruined Halloween for me. The big mistake was in wearing regular women's clothing and doing too good a job of it.

This is what I wore (pictures not taken on Halloween but a couple of months later):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/veronic...it/2838293385/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/veronic...it/2839125564/

Though I changed to more sensible footwear later in that day.

It got attention from people that knew me, but in a way that I wasn't ready for. And essentially I was being dishonest, it was like I was saying "Ha ha I'm transgendered but you can't say anything because it's Halloween so the jokes on you." I didn't like feeling dishonest.

That said, I'm not opposed to people dressing for Halloween, but it's something that one should think about a bit, and not just do it without much thinking.

Veronica
    Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Lets see! Chance to dress up in a sexy female costume, go out in public and have fun. HECK YES YES YES!!!

8rys, going on walkabout
    Halloween? Hmm probably not, I have plans to scare the neighbor hood children a different way. The week after on the other hand, I have a party where that might happen. If I get the outfit done I started last year.

I would love to do it, but I don't think my wife is ready for me to go that far yet. She has accepted my crossdressing, and has been supportive to a point, and I don't want to push too far too fast. I'm just so happy that she's okay with me dressing around the house. But i've got a whole year to work on her till Holloween 2009, and hopefully I can go totally enfemme. But I plan on doing it tastefully, nothing over the top or too trashy.

Last year I dressed with the help of Wife and sis-in-law(she knows). Sis went as Brittany Spears before K-fed and I was the after version, drunk and hairy! Anyways, halloween isnt very serious and if you dress serious(normal IMO) you may be asking for trouble. I dont like not being able to express myself the way I want to and fear being outed, that said, we are hoping to go out of town and have a girls weekend soon.

You mean that Halloween's NOT 3-4 times a week? Sheesh, I wish somebody had told me sooner...

queen of the damed

I had told my friend at work that insists that I come to his party that I will come but olny for a while. I came up with an excuse for his wife that I am coming as a dead drag queen with 6 in clear fuzzy yellow and pink heals and a blue bowa in a short black dress with bad make up because imterrable at it .
    ive been practiceing and I cant wait the fog is ingulfing me and I love it im just trying to figur out how to drive a jeep wrangler stick . I guess ill have top go shoping for flats o well

shoping spree OMG this feels grate what a rush!

2 years ago at home I handed out treats dressed as a hippie chick.

This year I will help out at our church's neighborhood kids (12 and under) party. Last year I was a male football fan and several other volunteers (2 dressed as Smurfs) weren't impressed. This year I'm going to be Minnie Mouse - have a long red polka dot dress, mouse ears, etc.

i really want to so bad! BUT im not sure i can cuz everyone will know cuz id want to go all out and get a mannicure and pedicure and everything so im scared theyll know! family friends people i meet at parties that night! too scared i guess

Aspiring Member
    I would love to go out dressed this year, but unless I get invited to a theme party, it's probably not going to happen. All our friends know that I've dressed as a girl for Halloween at least once, and I don't want them to see a pattern there. Still, one of my dreams as a CD is to spend a day getting ready for Halloween - shopping, makeover, nails, etc... it would be great fun!!!

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I did a Gypsy Fortune teller for our church adult sunday school Halloween party in '04. I found if one does a female CHARACTER rather than simply "a woman" a LOT of the "CD creepyness" factor is defused not only in my own mind/psyche but in the reactions of others too. The costume also allowed me to go over the top with makeup, jewellery, etc.

I was the hit of the party, ALL the ladies wanted me to "read their fortunes"---a great if not drastic way to meet chicks

Here is a pic. Check me out--upper left

Unless I can think of an excuse to revive the gypsy, I am likely only to go as "Colonel Sanders" or "Sherlock Holmes" this year.

I would absolutely love to, my SO years ago said NO to the dressing. When I dress, it is in secret. I did dress as Mrs. Claus in college with a friend (female) go as Santa. But maybe some day my wife will suggest...

BF

Talking I totally wanna dress up!

Marina Twelve, thank you for the advice. I think you're on to something. After reading some of the other posts, your response makes me feel better about dressing up for Halloween. Which I TOTALLY want to do.

I'm a little scared of the experience leading to me being "outed" on the one hand. On the other hand, I don't want to live my life in fear anymore (getting so sick of it) and being outed might actually be a relief.

Last year, I bought fairy wings and angel wings. I wanted to dress up v. gay but didn't dare do it at my straight friend's party (which was cancelled anyway) and didn't get invited to any gay ones.

This was one of the things that paved the way for Josie to reveal herself to me, my interest in wings and fairies and wanting to dress as a femme twink. About six months later, I discovered the sweet red-haired girl who's always been there just beneath my skin. (And I love her to death!)

This year, I am thinking of going as a female character (NOT Josie) to my friend's annual Halloween party. I haven't decided what though. I hope one of my lesbian friends will have a party too, though, so I can be Josie and she can wear her own costume. (Josie wants to be a fairy princess so badly!)

My friend who has the annual party is a movie nut like myself. Maybe if I went as a female movie character we both love? Hmmmmm....

If anyone wants to help me brainstorm, message me or leave a message here.

*hugs*

P.S. I've been gone for a while, but it feels so good to be back here. I just love the energy here--all the wisdom, humor, and support that are available.
    Hugs and Kisses,
    Josie

"No day but today." ~RENT

I have gone out dressed before but I don't know if I will get a chance this year and I haven't even really though about what I would go as. I have been so busy at work that I have had a chance to give it much thought. But it is still more than a month away so we will see. Cheers all.

Jan

I am totally going to dress up this Halloween. This year my wife sees it coming and is even recommending costume choices. She wants me to be a cheerleader. I think the costume I would want for that is a little pricey. I'm leaning toward nurse (like 2006), but she says "it's boring". Hmmm! 'll have to decide soon. I'm also looking for parties to attend Thurs/ Fri / Sat evenings (not all three).
    Mary

Banned Read only
    If you don't dress up to the nines, en femme, on Halloween, and go out, it's time to turn in your pantyhose! Halloween is the CDers Superbowl.

I've gone out on Halloween, but it was always to the same clubs I go to en femme the rest of the year.

It'd be really fun to have an excuse to go out with my more conservative friends this year. I hope I get invited to something I can go to. I would feel kinda bad if someone didn't say I was a little too good at dressing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Well said Emma!!!

And keeping in mind we're all at different stages in this whole TG thing, and that I've been there/done that when it comes to Halloween dressing, I have no intention of doing so again.
    Huh? You're saying that you're at a different "stage" and have progressed beyond going out on Halloween?

I didn't realize everything fun had to be something you grew out of.

Quote Originally Posted by valenstein View Post
    it makes me uneasy to wear things as a costume that otherwise make me feel normal. The one time I did, I went over the top into the drag category. I felt free walking through the grocery store in an evening gown, but when it came down to it, I was still hiding who I was.
    most people dress up as someone they idolize, something that's really humorous, or something that releases their inner emotions for a day.
    I guess that's what Sara was talking about...

The thing is, I've often hung out with drag queens. Most of them try really hard to convince people that they're not the slightest bit TG. It's always, "I just love to perform." That's fine, but there are a lot of outlets for you to perform that don't involve dressing up like a woman. Anyway, some people treat me like a queen, but people generally notice I'm going fish and not drag and that I actually like dressing for the sake of dressing.

Anyway, my point here is that I can see that you might be afraid that people will laugh at you (thinking they're laughing with you) about you being dressed like a woman, but I really don't think many would. I mean, even when people see a really good joke of a costume, they're more like, "Wow! Nice!" They don't do anything to belittle you, just like people in gay bars don't make fun of the queens, even though they're often going way over the top as a joke.

Of course I could be wrong, and maybe I'd be really uncomfortable at a Halloween party with everybody thinking I was just trying to make a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbra_in_Tulsa View Post
    I am going to try, I got an AWESOME Wonder Woman costume but I don't have any place to wear it yet. I am not a big partier, and in Oklahoma, there are not a lot of TG friendly places. If nothing else, I will get dressed up and take lots of photos.....
    Ooh! If I found a good Wonder Woman costume I'd definitely need to find a party! I was actually just looking for one earlier today. I always watched the TV show, and one time my dad was kinda freaked out when he came home one day (I was about 5) and I was jumping up and down on the bed saying I was Wonder Woman. I had taken foil from a gum package and made bracelets out of it...

Junior Member Anastacia_Sandria's Avatar
    Yes yes yes yes and yes. I've been driving my wife nuts with trying to figure out A)what I'm going to wear, and B) how we're going to afford it >.< . Stupid expensive clothing....*grumble*.

I'd actually love to arrange a get together in the DC/Maryland area, so if anyone on here is around there, drop a line and lets see what we can come up with. I'll probably post something in the "Out and About" forum too, once we're actually in October.

I haven't decided yet for this year, but I've gone to parties as Natasha to my wife's Boris character (Bullwinkle show) and a flapper with my wife as a gangster. I've gone to work (we have a costume party) as Elvira and a gypsy fortune teller. I may hold off this year as I dressed last year, and I'm not sure I'm ready to convince those who already suspect something's a little different about me. I have really enjoyed these outings, and have had no negative experiences from them. I agree that if you do go out, do it as a specific character. You can get away with a lot more that way, as our gorgeous fairy princess shows, and there's a lot less chance of being thought of as a CD.

Dee

Quote Originally Posted by c_colliertv View Post
    Hi - Christie Ann Collier here!

I know this may sound silly or arrogant, but going out dressed for Halloween for me seems to be very dangerous.

In my case I am very much in the closet, so no one knows (including my wife), so if I were to go to a party dressed I actually think that I would look too good.

I am not dumb enough to think that I could pass under any circumstnaces, but after all of the these years I think my presentation is pretty damn good, not to mention the fact that my ability to walk in four inch high heels is stellar.

So, at a party the danger for me would be looking almost good enough to pass.

What a bummer!!!

Hugs,

Christie Ann
    Same thing here. My soon-to-be-wife wants me to try dressing at halloween at first, to see how that goes. Last year we drove around a little in the car. That was fun Maybe this year we can take another babystep. Maybe stop at a drive through?
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

I have never gone out on halloween as just a girl too boring, besides growing up I was always envious of all the great costumes the girls got so now that I am older and wiser I get to wear them. Granted I'm sure that sooner or later my friends will figure things out if they haven't already as some comments have been made. So far I have been a hooker, cleopatra, vampire(female version of course), and a french maid. It will probably be my girlfriends choice as to what I go as this year she wants to out do her work she did last year(She went all out even gave me a manicure and pedicure I bought a new wig and I finally bought silicone forms) as the french maid so I might not get to pick but it should be good and I know I will have fun.
    Last edited by arani5879; 09-19-2008 at 09:36 PM.
    If something doesn't make you happy Change it

Banned Read only
    This will be my first time out. I'm so excited. We have a club in town for us gurls, so I'm going solo.