Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No interest in "passing"

Skirtboy

No interest in "passing"

How many of you have no interest in "passing" as an actual Girl? While I can see how it could be fun sometimes, and I certainly try to minimize bulges, generally I 'm just me, in a dress. I'll pad to make it hang right, but that's about it.
    I am straight.

I don't care about passing because I can't when i go out i where fem clothes under my drab sometimes i get fully dressed and go out at night or to a secluded spot

BETH

For me, it's to be as close as possible to looking like a women so I can pass. I don't like to think of myself as a man in a dress its more than that.
    I have been told by others CD's that I'm passable but have not gone far into the public domain yet, time will tell.
    xx
    Stevie B

for myself

I think I am a lot like skirtboy for now. We are all at different stages and phases with our dressing. Some are at the point where they are going out frequently and are concerned about passing and being in the role of a female. Others are new and can only get away with panties and a cami under drab. Some can put on clear polish and lip gloss, others for various reasons can't risk getting caught. I say we are in a world of non acceptance of who we are, so we need to be able to accept ourselves at the stage we are in with our femme life. I have been dressing off and on (more on than off) most of my life. I never had the urge to go out or to try to pass for most of my time dressing, I had the fantasy but not the true desire. I am now entering a phase where I want to take more risks to be feminine. I want more acceptance not only from myself. I am slowly progressing towards trying to pass when I dress. So just accept yourself and enjoy what you are doing.

Lauren

Smile No interest in passing

I've been a CDer for many years. I'm not motivated to dress in fem 24/7 to pass as a woman. I enjoy various dressing activites from nightware to dayware. I doubt I could ever pass as a women even if I wanted to. I'm more than content with CDing at home with the support of my wife. She mends my clothes and does my laudry each week...a wonderful thing to have the support.

I've always felt the word "passing" infers we are taking some kind of test. Who is qualified to administer such a test? No one I know of. Wear what makes you happy my friend and enjoy.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Define "passing". To me that term implies that all observers in all situations believe you are a GG. Probably less than 10% of us can achieve that. So my goal, rather than passing, is acceptance through looking and acting as femme as I can knowing that I will be read more often than not, at least up close. In other words, I don't care if I'm read as long as the reader accepts me in my presentation as a lady and treats me accordingly.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TammiTN View Post
    Define "passing". To me that term implies that all observers in all situations believe you are a GG. Probably less than 10% of us can achieve that. So my goal, rather than passing, is acceptance through looking and acting as femme as I can knowing that I will be read more often than not, at least up close. In other words, I don't care if I'm read as long as the reader accepts me in my presentation as a lady and treats me accordingly.
    you are absolutly in sync with Me on this Tammi---passing to me is more about being excepted for who and what I am. Those CD/TGs who actually pass as GGs tend to be more ordinary looking, thence they don't attract any notice---I would rather be noticed as a hot CD/TG than a plain GG anyday
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by MsJanessa View Post
    you are absolutly in sync with Me on this Tammi---passing to me is more about being excepted for who and what I am. Those CD/TGs who actually pass as GGs tend to be more ordinary looking, thence they don't attract any notice---I would rather be noticed as a hot CD/TG than a plain GG anyday
    Perhaps I should have worded that a little differently. I do try to blend in by dressing and making myself up appropriately for the situation. Blending in is different from "passing". When I'm out and about I'd rather not be the center of attention. I guess the reaction I'm looking for is, "Yep, there's a CDer, but she sure has good taste and presents herself well so I will reward her efforts by treating her like a lady." That's my definition of acceptance.

As a part time cder, I still have no interest in "passing". I do like to dress up fully with make up, etc, but that is for myself, and my pics that I like to take with my web cam!!!

I happy to pass as a human being, content with herself. Whether others perceive me as male or female holds little interest to me. As long as I can look at myself in the mirror and say, "This is the best me I can present today," I've "passed."
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I happy to pass as a human being, content with herself. Whether others perceive me as male or female holds little interest to me. As long as I can look at myself in the mirror and say, "This is the best me I can present today," I've "passed."

Exactly!

passing-especially for another cder-it takes one to know one!-almost impossible and not necessary in my opinion.
    and yet the more well put together and tastefully adorned of us are out there working the crowds the more our image as a whole will improve.
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

I don't worry about passing because I am content to stay indoors while dressed.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

Since an auto accident 15 years ago the meds have caused me to gain weight,and I no longer try to "pass" as a woman/girl any more.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

Not hat much, It would be hard to pass this face.Though I so some tims wish.
    Angie

Ivy
    I wouldn't say I have NO interest, but passing doesn't mean much to me. I'll take 100 photos to get one good one I like, but that's just for my own vanity.

I have a GG friend who accepts this person in my head no matter how I'm dressed, and that is "passing" to me ten times more than any other situation I can come up with.

The only passing I do is at the dinner table, on the highway in my car, and in the examination room. (I don't play football or basketball, so I don't do it there.)

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TammiTN View Post
    Perhaps I should have worded that a little differently. I do try to blend in by dressing and making myself up appropriately for the situation. Blending in is different from "passing". When I'm out and about I'd rather not be the center of attention. I guess the reaction I'm looking for is, "Yep, there's a CDer, but she sure has good taste and presents herself well so I will reward her efforts by treating her like a lady." That's my definition of acceptance.
    Ahhh I see--but Me--I like being the center of attention as long as it's positive attention---kind of an exhibitionist I suppose
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I dress as they do and act as they do but as for 'passing' - I would be deceiving myself. I think that I blend in that most of the time folks either don't notice or don't care. I'm a 6'2" skinny guy who actually looks quite good in a frock and as long as I don't embarrass myself or others then I just get on with it.

mitch

no interest in passing...course have no problems passing...the main thing to passing is your confidence...if you go out and act like a wet noodle people are ging to pick up on it very very quickly..

I've mentioned this before in previous threads but I'll say it again. I have been out for less than a year and have never been more pleased with public reaction. I never considered myself passable i.e. fooling others into thinking I was a woman, but I have been told by others (not tg girls) that I am very passable.

That being said, I think "blending in" with the crowd is passing. I know I have been read numerous times in my outings but it really doesn't bother me because I know I am not a woman, and all the makeup in the world isn't going to make me appear any more feminine than the clothes I choose to wear.

After one particular outing, I walked into a McDonalds just to use the ladies room and was read by a male customer as I was leaving. He leaned over to his wife and said something to her as I walked out the door. When I got to my car, I could see him staring me down so I just flashed a big grin and waved. His face turned beet red and he looked away as I drove away knowing I didn't fool anybody. I'll bet he wished he could have been me.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Hey, I would love to know that I pass in public. That way I would not worry about the yahoos that would accost us and make fun of us when we go out in public. However, I know that I am just a transvestite and I try to be the best transvestite that I can be. I dress like a lady and try to be the most tasteful dresser that I can. Getting the dress right for me is more then half the battle. When I really love my outfit and makeup then I step out and let other people see me.
    Charlie

Passing

I would love to be able to pass but I probably never will be able to. I want badly to go out dressed but I am afraid of the reaction I would get. I read about others here and it gives me hope. I keep thinking of my first time out fully dressed and I would love to be able to shop and maybe have lunch or go to a matinee movie. One day maybe. But to pass, I am happy now being able to dress and have Dear Wifes' help in fashion and such. Sorry for the long post but sometimes people don't seem to appreciate the gift of being transgendered.

Quote Originally Posted by LACD View Post
    I would love to be able to pass but I probably never will be able to. I want badly to go out dressed but I am afraid of the reaction I would get. I read about others here and it gives me hope. I keep thinking of my first time out fully dressed and I would love to be able to shop and maybe have lunch or go to a matinee movie. One day maybe. But to pass, I am happy now being able to dress and have Dear Wifes' help in fashion and such. Sorry for the long post but sometimes people don't seem to appreciate the gift of being transgendered.
    Have you considered getting out with a group? I belong to one and most of us aren't passable in the strict definition but that doesn't stop us from getting out. We shop, lunch and do other activities and rarely get more than stares from the general public. I'm not married or in a relationship at the moment, but most of the girls in the group are and many of the wives/SOs come with us. Find the local chapter of Tri Ess or another group in your area. If you really want to get out this is the way to do it. But be warned: once you go out you'll want to do it more. It is as addictive as crack!