Thread: Wishing I had

Wishing I had

I now wish I had told my father, an never will beable to now, my father just passed away on the 9th of sept, had to spend a few days cleaning out his house, found things, that well I didnt know about him, anyhow I now wish I had had the chance to talk to him about it.

anyhow for those of you that feel there might be the chance that your parent will accecpt you for you then talk to them. before its to late.
    AN IT HARM NONE DO WHAT YE WILL
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=124865919
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Father is not accepting of my TG. No I did not tell him, I did tell my parents about my bellydancing and that set off a lot of negative vibes and comments. The peirced ears and long hair didn't help either. They still think it's a phase, been doing it for 5 years and still shaking it. HUGS Sandra

hi Jammie

i am so sorry for your recent loss. i hope you have the courage to go forward and be open to those you feel should know .
    hugs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry for your loss Jammie I had the same situation, And never said anything to him. My dad passed in 1982.
    Angie

My parents are gone and i'm sure my mom knew but I would never ever have told my dad...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    My parents are gone and i'm sure my mom knew but I would never ever have told my dad...
    Ditto.
    Sorry for loss.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jammie Lyann. My father died in 93, long before I had this whole thing figured out, so I couldn't have told him even if I wanted to.

Even though we weren't that close, I still miss him every day. I'm saying a prayer for you.
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

One of my friends alreaady know, told a second friend on monday she got this weird look an said I had to meet her father when he comes down - turns out her dad is living as Tammy an wants to go all the way, so who know maybe I'll make a new friend -
    AN IT HARM NONE DO WHAT YE WILL
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=124865919
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You are so right!

[SIZE="3"]I told my parents when I was around 29 and they were so supportive. Best thing I could've done.

And I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother-in-law (she didn't know about Tracy) and mother this year, and it has been rough.

Hang in there, and don't beat yourself up too much. I would blame society for setting the conditions that make it so hard to tell friends and loved ones.

Love, Tracy
    [/SIZE]
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Jammie, I don't know what words to say to try and help, simply

I've known one who was disowned by their unaccepting parents when she came out to them but (though scared out of my witts) I gave it a shot and both Mum and Dad have been accepting and supportive. I've been a lucky one.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    Sorry for your loss Jammie I had the same situation, And never said anything to him. My dad passed in 1982.
    Angie
    mine too. still miss him. great man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammie Lyann View Post
    I now wish I had told my father, an never will be able to now, my father just passed away on the 9th of Sept, had to spend a few days cleaning out his house, found things, that well I didn't know about him, anyhow I now wish I had had the chance to talk to him about it.
    Jammie, it could have gone a few different ways, had you had that conversation, acceptance, guarded tolerance, rejection.
    We're all so scared of the judgment of others that we won't tell important things to loved ones for fear of losing them, which could very well have happened. It is truly a shame that we can't be open with all of our loved ones, and that love doesn't necessarily conquer all.

I had an issue with my father, not related to CD'ing, and was mildly estranged for the last 9 years of his life. I feel that he wanted to fix the relationship toward the end, but was unable to say "I'm sorry" in his own head. I certainly didn't demand an appology at all, but he couldn't back down from the strong stand he'd taken years earlier.

It's all so stupid and sad and a tragic waste.....

Kate
    "No, I'm not hitting on you, Ma'am, when I said I wanted to get in your pants, I meant I wanted to try them on!"