Thread: Out for the first time

Out for the first time

[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Well at last Joanne has taken her first venture out to meet other fellow travellers. I was invited by a transgender group to one of their social evenings and after promising I would attend their last monthly meeting, I fianly plucked up the courage to go.
    I arranged to have a full facial by a good friend who just happens to be a beautician, after which I had my eye brows plucked and shaped, lashes tinted and then a full make-up.
    I was so amazed at how she had transormed me ,that tear almost fell from my eye.
    I went home and took out my latest grey and black skirt and chose a red top with sleeves and put on a pair of black sling backs with a two inch heel ( all my others a three inch ) but I though that might make me just a bit too tall.
    This outing gave me the chance to try my new wig and when I stood back and looke in the mirror, the smile on my face was as wide a the cat in "Alice in Wonderland"
    Now was the biggest moment for Joanne, stepping outside and getting into my car for the trip. My hands were shaking as I turned the ignition key but there was NO turning back now, it was " Full steam ahead " of down the motorway.
    Now the next big hurdle that had to be crossed, walking into a room full of others whom I had never met but they were all so wonderfull to me and made me feel so welcome and I felt that I was, just one of the girls.
    Unfortunately all good things have to come to an end and it was time to set off home. I said my good byes to every one and drove off back home, feeling on top of the world
    Once home sadly the make-up had to be removed and my lovely feminine clothing once more put way for another day and there I was, back to my drab masculine outfit.
    When I finaly went to bed, it took forever to go to sleep, my mind was just reliving every minute of Joanne's first steps outside the bounds of my home.
    As Mr sandman crept over me all I was think was, "This was just the first of many outings from now on"

Love Joanne

Joanne, I know the feeling. My first outing was last year and it was great. Just being out and talking and interacting with others was a thrill. Since then I have been out a number of times. Not enough, logistics seems to play a big role in my freedom! Congrats and keep up the good work.

So glad you outing was so enjoyable you go girl.
    Angie

Congratulations Joanne

Its so great to hear you had a good time with the other girls
    I am sure you will be looking forward to your next outing
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

So nice to hear about uplifting outings

I am so happy for you. I rememember the first time I went out in public (1977) like it was yesterday. Life is too short to be a " I should have ". It is much more rewarding to be " I did ".

Your Terri

So happy for you

I'm glad you're first time out was such a happy experience for you, Joanne.
    I went out for the first time last night, too. I went to a gay - CD- transgender club that's very non-threatening, and friendly. I met a girl who was out for her second time, so we sort of stuck together and observed the "pros". I even got a compliment on my necklace! Now I want to star expanding my wardrobe

[SIZE=2]
    Quote Originally Posted by joanne anderson View Post
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Once home sadly the make-up had to be removed and my lovely feminine clothing once more put way for another day and there I was, back to my drab masculine outfit.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]When I finaly went to bed, it took forever to go to sleep, my mind was just reliving every minute of Joanne's first steps outside the bounds of my home.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Joanne, why did you go back to your "drab masculine outfit" when you got home? Last time my wife was away for the night, I dressed for the evening and when I went to bed, I left everything on except the skirt and top, yes, even the heels which I'd locked onto my feet. I was too excited to "drop-off" for a long time, and even had to loosen my corset to make breathing a little more comfortable. I still remember the feeling, and it was months ago![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Tony[/SIZE]

Congratulations girl! My first 'public' outing was as a cheerleader for the 'managment' team. It went way beyond that and was awesome.. Enjoy your freedom!

[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]
    Hi everyone.
    Thank you all for your congratulations on my first night out. It's wonderfull to know that you all experienced the thrill and excitement of such an adventure into the outside world.
    I certainly do intend to continue now that the closet door is wide open, I hope I get to meet more of the transgender community in my area but Wellington is a small city and New Zealand is not quite at the stage to embrace we crossdressers.
    Dragster, as my wonderful wife was at home and in bed on my arrival, I thought it only fair that her husband had returned to cuddle up and slide of to my dreams of what had happened and where I might be headed now the big step has been taken.

Love Joanne

I felt like that my first time too. It was all down hill after that. Hope you find it easier too.

[SIZE=2]It was very thoughtful of you Joanne to make your wife happy by getting into bed as her bloke, instead of as her girlfriend, even though the euphoria of a night out en femme could have resulted in the "pink fog". I'm sure she appreciated it. I presume she knows about your CD side, but is she tolerant, supportive or participitative. (Sounds like a swallowed the dictionary there!). It's only when my wife is away for the night (once every blue moon!) that I can spend the evening dressed and then just slide into bed with everything still on except the skirt and top, yes heels still on too! Mind you, I still feel so excited that sleep doesn't come quickly, and it's not easy to just relax in a tight corset! Waking up still dressed is brilliant too.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Tony[/SIZE]

Wow, that's great Joanne. I've thought of going to such a gathering, but never have. Good for you. sounds like it was really fun for you. Thanks for sharing.
    Mary