Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Emailed my daughter and told her about my cross dressing.

Congrats on having the courage to send it, and I am so happy that your daughter accepts you. I agree you should probably wait a bit to have 'the talk' with your son, but if he already knows and still loves you, it shouldn't be as hard. I hope all goes well, and congrats once again!

Hi Kimberly congads I had the same thing in my life, now my daughters that are both gay love to come an vist me. We go to gay bars together me dressed. My GG love me to dress we are heading to Key West for the Fantice fair on the 22 to the 27 of Oct. Been there once all ready and have gone to P town 2 times for carnaval. I could live 24 /7 as a women if I want. I like the man part of me, I have a great GG her an I are the same size in cloths and shoes . We have great time shopping and going out plus play tennis 4 to 5 times a wk. I am very fortunet to have found such a great GG.

Maybe you and Vicki and Melissa can go shopping together.

If you do, of course we'll all want to hear about it.

I'm thrilled for you that telling her turned out better than you could have imagined.
    --Kat

"I never kept up with the fashions. I believed in wearing what I thought looked good on me." --Bettie Page

"This above all--to thine own self be true" --Hamlet, Act I, scene iii

Is Disney a Mickey Mouse operation?

Yay! It's great to hear when things work out so well. Your daughter sounds very cool. I'm sure her attitudes are a credit to her upbringing.

Crystal

That's wonderful! Sounds like she takes after her father. Very nice letter/e-mail from her, just like the one you sent her. Now I just have to figure out why my screen gets blurry here once in a while...

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    I came into this thread after it was history, but Kim, you handled it in great fashion!
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

I think it's positive you opened up to your daughter through a letter. The only thing is I would have hand written it and sent it for only her to read. Sometimes it's not good to share it with others until your loved one can come to understand and express her feelings first.

It is well written and clearly thought out.

Good Luck!

emmi

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    Glad that it all worked out for both of you, a wonderful read and you wrote an outstanding letter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

Great letter

Great letter, I hope everything goes well.

Hugs Annaliese

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar
    I'm so pleased for you and you have a wonderful daughter there =)

Jen xxx

Banned Read only
    It's a wonderful e-mail. Very sensitve, and very well put.

But she is your daughter. Surely this would have been much better had it happened face-to-face?

Did she have the courage to tell you about her sexuality to your face, or did she write it in an e-mail similar to yours? I know, more than anyone (I think), how hard this can be, but no matter how sensitive, intelligent, and caring one writes a letter (or e-mail), the one thing that never comes across in it is the emotion that displays itself on your face. The shaking, the anticipation, the nerves, the relief, the release of pure-pent up emotion can only ever come across when we force ourselves to confront another person in the flesh. Like I say, she is your daughter, and my opinion is that, considering your need to come out to her, she is deserving more than most for you to tell her this in person.

Having said all of this, I do sincerely hope that everything goes well for you. I'm sure it will. It is, irrespective of what I've just said, very very brave of you, and for that alone, I commend you.

Banned Read only
    My bad - I've just read the rest of the thread and come across your daughters reply to you. That'll teach me for being somewhat trigger-happy with my fingers and the send button.

I am soooo happy for you.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile I probably would have done it in person,

But she is in College down in Atlanta GA, she attends the Savannah College of Arts,the Atlanta Campus. She is in her last year there. So Email was the method of choice. We plan to have a long phone conversation this weekend.
    I have always loved my daughter, she was the first of my two children and she was a daddy's girl for many years. I am also proud of my Son and love him immensely too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

Kimberly--this is an amazing and wonderful story. I kept hoping, in reading through the thread, that everything would turn out alright. You are truly blessed and have wonderful children, well, you raised them didn't you?

It's amazing how much kids know and how much we think we're so clever at hiding our private lives. Nina

Such life important revelations should be done face to face hon!

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    thats great that it all worked out and your children love you no matter what..

for me its so much simpler,,as everyone who knows me knows i dress,,and my son who is now 14 knew his whole life daddy dressed as it wasnt something i hid...

i was 31 when he was born and i had been wearing pantyhose since i was 12,,so thats how many years??? to late to start hiding,,,

its late and im tired not sure what point im tryn to make here about me....

I'm so glad it's worked out for both of you. Things are looking good!

Kimberely, I think you handled it just right and very happy about the outcome
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Congratulations

well done, I know how you feel. I did it with three sons and a daughter. My daughter and eldest son were great about it the younger two sons accepted it and said they were okay with it "but please don't turn up on our doorstep dressed as a woman" they would rather not be reminded of it.
    You now know what relief feels like
    Sam K
    Last edited by Samantha Kelsey; 09-27-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: miss spell

Smile Just spoke with my daughter on the phone

Had a pleasant converstaion with my daughter and spoke on many things. What was cool was talking with her about my feelings and hers, about my crossdressing and her new relationship etc. She mentioned that she knew for a long time but didn't want to say anything, she wanted me to tell her first. She also said I can dress around her when she visits, if that is how I am more comfortable, but would like me dressed a little more conventionally when going out together.

She did mention that she always wore the clothes I bought her for xmas etc because they were nice, she disliked the clothes her mom got as they were frumpy old ladies clothes. Who knew I had decent taste in clothes. I told her the way I chose the clothes was simple, I picked the clothes I would like to wear. Told her for xmas this year that she can buy clothes for me or jewelry or makeup. Should be a nice Xmas.

Now all I need to do is reveal my secret to my son personally, eventhough my daughter say's he knows that I crossdress, then my immediate family will know. Then I will work on my Uncle and possibly my brother. My brother I know would be against it, as he had a coworker who started dressing fulltime and then underwent SRS surgery. He was a good friend of his and he just did not understand how someone could give up his family over that, apparently they separated & divorced. I may not tell my brother as we don't see each other often, he lives in the NW state of Washington.

I hope that some of you who've read this thread may have the courage to reveal themselves to their children. It is definitely worth it. Love Kimberly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

Hi Kimberly

Nice to hear things are all going well
    Telling your son wont be easy but if he knows then it should be fine
    Has your daughter told your son that you have finally told her

If she has he will be expecting you to tell him too

Good luck cause its never easy
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

No she has not

She suggested to me, not to tell him anything, till his relationship problems are settled out. So I am going to wait a short while before talking with him about it. But thank you for your concern. Kimberly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

I'm really happy for you that this is all going so well. My initial thought was that it was a bit hard to ask your daughter not to talk to her mum about it but it's slightly different when she's had all those years to adjust to the idea. Had it been the first she'd heard it would have been different.

We've been going through the same thing. My tg so and i have told our daughter who's been amazing but doesn't want to see him dressed. Our son is too young. My sis was cool and his mum is being a bit of a pain and making it all about her and his childhood etc. He had a happy childhood. Grrrrrr

Anyway I've been really proud of sarah... as she's told her mum what's what and to stop doing various things that a re a problem. So its all good.

Anyway i'm happy for you.

Canadian in Transition Jenn2716's Avatar

Congrats

Hi Kimberly,
    Congratulations on having such a positive experience with telling your daughter. Looks like you raised a good one there.
    [SIZE=3]Life is what you make it.[/SIZE]