Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emailed my daughter and told her about my cross dressing.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Emailed my daughter and told her about my cross dressing.

This evening, just a few minutes ago I emailed my daughter to tell her my secret, that I'm a cross dresser. I've wanted to do this for several months now but something this evening made me tell her.

She called me to tell me about her New girlfriend, which was a slight shock at first to hear about. But I love my daughter and will always love her, I can't judge her and will accept her always. I will accept whoever she decides to be with.

After this phone call I had such a strong desire to reveal my Cross dressing to her that I sent her an email. It has been sent, with pictures etc and a link to this site for her to visit. I am so scared as to how she will respond, but think she will be accepting of this part of me. Will let all my sisters know how it goes.

Here is the email message I sent:

I want to thank you for calling me and trusting me enough to tell me about your girl friend Melissa, it must have taken a lot of courage to tell your parents about this relationship. I want you to know that no matter what, I love you and that will never change. Both you and Melissa will always be welcome in my home. To be truthful, I will be a little uncomfortable at first, like all dads they would like their little girls to grow up, get married and have children. I always believed that in time this would happen, but I want you to know that I support you both. I can only love you and accept you both. I look forward to hearing more about Melissa and someday meeting her.

For myself, I’m neither bisexual or gay, no matter what your mom may say about me. As my signature below shows, I do have a secret to reveal, which I feel whose time has come to tell you, I am a cross dresser and have been to some degree, since my early teens. I think that you have already suspected this, probably your mom said things to you at times or maybe you noticed that there wasn’t a lot of men’s underwear in the wash. The cross dressing doesn’t make me gay, when dressed I feel like the person I should have been, a woman. I was never able to explain these feelings to Laurie, I hope that you will understand and accept this part of me. I will always love you and be your father and will be here to answer any questions you have. And no I am not ever considering changing my sex. I get along with women very well, since I think more like a woman, but dressing as a woman makes it difficult to have a relationship, one on one with woman. If you have any questions you are more than welcome to ask. I am a member of www.crossdressers.com , my screen name is Kimberly51. The site offers me a place where I can explore & discuss my feelings with other people like me, you are welcome to visit and search on my screen name. I have attached some pictures to quell your curiosity.

There is one request I make, don’t tell your mom about this part of me as she will tell everyone and this will not be good. Not knowing how you will react, I am scared and apprehensive letting you know my secret but I feel it is the right thing to do. I love you very much.

Say hello to Melissa for me and let her know that she is accepted by me. I will say goodnight and again, I love you, Kimberly aka Dad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

That's a great letter. I hope she understands, and that everything goes well for you.
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You put it all out there in a very to the point letter. Well done Kimberly.
    I don't think I could do it.

Best of luck. Please let us know how it goes. (If she's anything like her father I'm sure all will be well!)

I agree with the others a very nice open and honest letter to your daughter. You put it all on the line and was truthful and left the communications open for her to stay hopefully comfortable with you and your feelings and also have pointed out to her that you have open arms and a open heart for her and her new girlfriend as well. I hope her reply will come soon and be what you want. She should be open minded enought to understand I would think. So good luck and best wishes on it going positive.
    Be Yourself, Everybody else has been Taken......Oscar Wilde

I go to the beat of a different drummer

Susan Michelle

Finally got it sent

Don't know what was going on, tried to send the email and it wouldn't go. I sent other emails as test, but the one I was sending her just wouldn't send. Beginning to think it wasn't meant to be, but copied and pasted the contents into another new email and that one sent.

I will let you all know what her response is when I get it..thanks for the nice comments. Luv you all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

nice

grate letter I don't think I could have done any better .
    best of luck It sounds like you have a grate relashionship.
    you must be verry proud of her . I would be .

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Great letter Kimberly! I sincerely hope everything works out between you and your daughter and I don't see why it shouldn't!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Kimberly,

Thank you for posting this letter. It really motivated me to action. Even though my situation is different, I have been contemplating this for some time. I like the way that you organized and phrased your words. This will help me in approaching my daughter who has always been daddy's girl.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

my hope for you is that your daughter will accept and love you all the more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very nice letter to you daughter your a good dad and I think she will be OK with your news
    Angie

WOW. Very well done. I have have also considered telling my daughter but haven't found a burning need to. I will be watching this thread with interest.
    I wish you the very best of luck and I do believe that it will work out very well because it is obvious that there is a lot of love between you two.

Steph

So far no news from her.

But not to worry, she doesn't always check her email everyday like her dad does. But I wait anxiously for a reply and will let my sisters know how it goes. For now I'm waiting on pins and needles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

Congratulations! I told my son about myself right after he told me that he's bi and had a crush on a guy. He completely accepted it and we've gone to a few Pride festivals since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly51 View Post
    But not to worry, she doesn't always check her email everyday like her dad does. But I wait anxiously for a reply and will let my sisters know how it goes. For now I'm waiting on pins and needles.
    Hon sending you good vibes She is like me .....my kids get upset with me cause I sometimes don't get to my email for days on end.Let us know
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

If she's anything like my daughter, pretty much open to things, she'll be fine :x Let us know how things go And to add, what a great letter
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Silver Member
    Kimberly, that was a very well composed letter that you sent to your daughter. It could not have been any better. I have the feeling that she will be accepting of you and I pray that this happens. You did not state how old your daughter is but I get the feeling that she is an adult. Our children can surprise us at times and be very understanding and supportive of these things. This was the case with me when my son learned about me. He was only nine years old when his mother told him about me during the divorce. We disscussed it when he was 16 and he was o.k. with it. Please keep us up to date on your situation. All of us here are hoping this works out for you.

Very well done Kimberly! I too hope she is as understanding of your cross dressing as you are of her life style. Good luck to both of you.
    Vivian

Again thanks for the compliments and most of all the support and love shown.

Still waiting.

To answer some questions you have posted, I went thru my separation and divorce which took 4 1/2 yrs to occur, divorce finalized about 5 yrs ago. During this time my daughter hated me or may I say disliked me, she thought that I was the cause of the marriage and family breaking up. She was about 12 or 13 at that time and my ex wife did what no parent should do, she confided with our daughter as an equal. Said things about why the marriage was falling apart and that it was all my fault, that I crossdressed (underdressed at that time), that I was gay and many other hurtful things

Years later she was in the hospital for a back condition and this was when our relationship changed, I was there every day for at least 12-14 hours to keep her company. She had major back surgery to fuse her back, she was scared and I was there for her. She came to realize that I loved her and cared for her more than her mom, simply because I was there for her. Since then our relationship has been good.

She is 24 yrs old now, attending at Savannah College of Arts and yes I love her and I am very proud of her, her name is Vicki.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

I feel sure you daughter will be ok given the fact you love her and was there for her when she needed you

She will probably understand now why you were so accepting of her gf

Good luck
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Kimberly,

I must compliment you on how well written your letter was. I feel sure everything will be fine.

Best wishes,

Missy Anne

The Unlucky
    I'm proud of you for gathering the courage to tell her. I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully she will understand, and perhaps may get a new member here!

It's great to see parents supporting their children unconditionally. After responding so positively and respectfully to your daughter's revelation, it's hard to imagine her not responding the same way to yours.

All the best,
    Crystal

Hopefully waiting and if

Things go well with my daughter, I may muster the courage and go for broke and tell my son about my Crossdressing. He is 2 years younger at 22 yrs old and living on his own. If I am able to tell my son and he accepts me for me, that would remove the stress of hiding the person I am from my family. Continue to pray that my daughter responds favorably to my email.

Again, thanks for all the good wishes, compliments and your love shown in all your posts. It means alot to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

You might want to follow-up with a phone call or in person. She might have some questions or not know how to respond. I hope all goes well.