Thread: main stream

Semi Sane innocent angel

main stream

Inspired by tamarav, but I didn't want to hijack her thread. But She got me thinking about being main stream. For those that have seen my pics I dont dress outrageous, no high heel shoes , no fetish stuff , well unless I'm going to a fetish ball. I guess after four years of being out I've grown more adventurous. Last I went out Cuban restaurant, then went out to a place call the Start Light Room , which is a very upscale club. the staff wear tuxs and and cute black dresses. I've gotten to the point were I dont want go just to trans clubs. I've been to plays , the movies dinner as Niya. Ironically I was most nervous going to the liquor store. Basically I want to be able to do any thing I can as a guy as Niya.

Whats interesting is that when I do go to these straight places I get hit on more than when I go to trans places. I don't know if its because they don't know I'm trans or is because the ladies I see at the trans place dress more provocative then I do.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

The good part is you look good enough for someone to hit on you.
    Angie

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Rather have a cute girl hit on me
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

Post Know the feeling

[SIZE="3"]I've been hit on a lot at straight places. I rather venture in these places because I'm a conservative dresser.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Niya sweetie, just be thankful you are getting approached. Some of us are still waiting for that first man to come along. hehehe

Semi Sane innocent angel
    While its nice to be hit on by guys while walking down the street, it makes me nervous because they may or may not know I'm trans . When I first start going to some of these trans pleas I felt ugly because guys would not come up to me, but they would to my friends. I grew a thick skin and moved on. Then it started happening. Guys would hit on me walking down the street . Going to the liquor store, but not so often in the trans clubs. I don't mean cat calls either. They would walk up and ask me my name , phone number and how I'm doing. These were in areas not known for trans folk. Then it occurred to me. Its two things. I built up confidence and it was how I dressed. The guys in the clubs were looking for a quick piece of ass, and they were in a place that the expected to get it.. The guys on the street were not necessarily in that mind set. Walk like a lady , act like lady ,dress like lady get treated like one. This is what help draw me into doing more and more main stream things. The more I go out as Niya the more I feel like its the boy thats just renting the space . Being accepted as women ,or at least the people around me were nice enough not to freak out and point at me

Now for the really weird thing. I'm not into guys I just wanted the validation that I was seen as a women.
    Last edited by Niya W; 09-24-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    Now for the really weird thing. I'm not into guys I just wanted the validation that I was seen as a women.
    I can relate to this statement. I have never been to a trans bar. In fact I avoid bars all together. I want to be able to do everything I now do as a male as a woman. Just fit in is my main goal.
    Michelle

Member having fun. Sophia de la luz's Avatar
    I like positive attention to. Going out and doing what my male self can do in public is a goal for me too.
    We had a party last Friday night. I dressed in feminine pants and blouse. A couple of our friends know I'm exploring crossdressing. Now a lot more do, or don't? I didn't make a big deal of it.
    I like the idea of easing in overtime, adjusting to the waters.
    Love will find its own way through.

I too am "main stream" - just being ordinary me, trying to fit in with my surroudings. However, I have never been "hit on" ... not complaining .. as I dont want to be "hit on" by anyone.

I asked my straff (all GG's) for their experiences. None of them have been "hit on" in the last 6 months ... so that means my experiences are "normal".
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty