View Poll Results: Who are you?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • I dress to emulate a woman I know.

2 0.65%
  • I dress to emulate my idealised vision of femininity / womanhood.

56 18.24%
  • I dress to create a character from a fantasy world of my own design.

10 3.26%
  • I dress to suit my inner girl, whatever suits my mood.

214 69.71%
  • I dress for a reason not listed above.

41 13.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who are you?

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar

Question Who are you?

MTFs only please...

I had a notion for a quick poll based on an area of interest I'd like to know more about. I've seen lots of pictures and read lots of descriptive text, particularly on the MTF section of this forum (and therein lies another question for later), and I am left with the impression that there may be some broad commonalities amongst us as to the "type" of dressing we partake in.

So, if I may, I'd like to test that supposition.

For example, in your dressing, do you seek to emulate someone you know or someone you'd like to know? Do you have an idealised vision in your mind's eye of womanhood / femininity that your dressing helps you to be? Or are you one who likes to plunge right in and create an incredible fantasy character world for yourself? Perhaps you prefer to go for the vanilla option and wear what suits your inner girl, depending on what mood you're in at any one time?

Or... as is likely (and I should know better by now)... is there some other reason that I haven't had the foresight to think of and put in this poll?!!!

For my part, I dress for my inner girl, the vanilla option every time for me - I'm just not suited to anything else, I think.

So, let me know what you think.

Thanks

Sarah...

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    vanilla option and wear what suits my inner girl, depending on what mood I'm in at any one time.........that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah... View Post
    MTFs only please...
    ..............Perhaps you prefer to go for the vanilla option and wear what suits your inner girl, depending on what mood you're in at any one time?:
    That's what I do

Vanilla Option

I dress however i feel on any given day.
    Sometimes tarty, sometimes secretarial, sometimes just whatever i fancy wearing

I also tend to dress as to how I feel and what suits me at the time, I dont get to dress up fully very often, so I might change my outfits a couple of times; depending on the amount of time I have to dress.
    Sabrina.
    What matters most is how you see yourself.

Since I'm fairly new at the art of en femme...I might not fully understand it all yet...

But I dress as Stephanie when Stephanie has her time availaible...

She selects the style of clothing she likes, based upon what tastes appeal to her from either seeing the item in a store or seeing other girls wearing it....then having this general overview of whatshe likes and don't she creates her wardrobe and outfits and then presents then as she pleases....she has no real particular "got to do", "got to have", "must wear"...she simply puts on whatever catches her fancy..that's the nice thing about being a girl...make yourself look like anything you want...

I dress because it feels right. I feel down if I go too long without some kind of dressing. Sometimes just putting on a pair of knee highs and my favourite 4 inch heels is enough to cheer me up.

Plain and simple, I dress because I'm driven to.. And I couldn't stop if I wanted to..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm one of the 20 who chose "I dress to suit my inner girl, whatever suits my mood." I dress the way I do, 24/7, because of who I am inside. And the mood my female gender is feeling.

I am happy with my clothes and the way I dress. I'm still learning the art of makeup but coming along well.

Today, I wore a blue print skirt, blue low cut blouse and loafers.

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar
    Mmmm Vanilla
    I just wear anything my inner girl desires.
    Anything that makes her feel sexy

Jen xxxx

Banned Read only
    When I do dress up the full thing I do it as a woman I would like to meet. She's my invention of flirty girly and sexy. She may not be sane and maybe no real woman would have such disasterous dress sense but I like her.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I said:

I dress to suit my inner girl, whatever suits my mood

and that means casual. Denim skirts, etc. I want to just be me.

However, if I suddenly became a girl, I would dress more boy-ishly. I would have short hair, and be in jeans.

Odd that

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I wear what my inner girl feels comfortable wearing. If she could she would be in skirts or dresses most of the time but for everyday it's pants or jeans, at least for now.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Not really Sarah. It's just the outward expression of part of who I am. Not to mention I consider it an art form.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I dress to emulate my idealized vision of femininity / womanhood.
    now thats a deep question. but i have my idea of what a womanhood is a very insightful thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Red face Who am I?

I dress because I am Elizabeth; always have been; always will be. Liz likes to dress everyday style and dressy. Mostly everyday like other girls.

Gold Member
    assuming you are asking specifics about our style, I dress according to what a woman with my size and age would look best in.
    My "en femme" outfits typically cover most of my skin, something appropriate for church.

For home I have a couple "bad girl" things but I don't wear those out.

As far as "why", I dress cause i grew up with Madonna, the material girl, she made me do it.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I am a male person with masculine and feminine characteristics, traits, personalities, and physical features. I wear the clothes that society has taught me that masculine and feminine people wear. I am both so I wear both.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Pretty much the vanilla woman about town for me. I feel natural and right as a woman out in the big bad world so I dress to fit the part and draw no undue attention, you just don't see 40 something BBW out in mini skirts fishnets and 4 inch spikes

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

God loves me as I am Jocelyn Renee's Avatar
    I dress to express to satisfy my feminine side. As far as style I just go with what is appropriate for what I'm doing at the time: jeans for every day/occasionally a skirt, dress/gown for more formal occasions, club wear for dancing, etc.
    "It's a sad man, my friend, who's living in his own skin, and can't stand the company." - Bruce Springsteen

"Im not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand." - Prince
    --
    Connect with me...http://360.yahoo.com/joc_renee

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Very interesting poll.
    I go for the simple vanilla.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah... View Post
    MTFs only please...

Perhaps you prefer to go for the vanilla option and wear what suits your inner girl, depending on what mood you're in at any one time?

For my part, I dress for my inner girl, the vanilla option every time for me - I'm just not suited to anything else, I think.

So, let me know what you think.

Sarah...
    Sarah I did not vote on your poll and this is the reason why. I do not understand your reference to the 'vanilla option'. To me this seems so vague that it almost borders on the level of offensive. I do not want to be considered as being so average as to be considered 'vanilla', which I interpret as being average, boring, the usual, or nothing out of the ordinary. I think that all of us here are unique and that there is no catagory such as 'vanilla' that can describe any of us here. We are all the same in that we are cd's but we are individuals as well. I for one feel I am my own self and do not fit into a 'vanilla' catagory such as you describe. I hope you understand this and do not take offense at what I am saying. I only want to make known what my opinion is on your choice of words.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think she may have meant "main stream" or maybe a blend in type look.
    I didn't find it offensive at all.Yes we are all different I agree with you on that statement so its hard to make a broad assumption about anything to do with CDers.

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    I don't understand the inner girl in me. All I know is that I have to dress whenever I can and it is becoming more difficult each time to return to "drab"

Edwina

I dress just however my inner girl feels. Sometimes I want to look sexy, sometimes I dress in one of the old housecoats I got, just a real casual laidback look. Other times I like to look more professional dressing in a modest blouse and skirt. I dont have alot of clothes. More lingirie than anything since I will hardly go to bed without wearing something femme.
    I would like to get more clothes but finances prevent me from doing so. What really sux is over the years I have had clothes and then out of shame or whatever I get rid of them and try to go striaght man but I always seem to come back to it. I am no longer ashamed of it but for certain reasons I cant be dressed all the time. so what I have does fine for the times I do have to dress