Thread: Any of you ladies automotive technicians

Wink Any of you ladies automotive technicians

just curious to see how many of you ladies are in the automotive field and if any of you under dress to work. i am a technician at acura of portland. i have never tried and dont think it be wise cause i grew my nails long and shaved my arms and they laughed and cracked jokes. i have under dressed with other jobs just this one too afraid.
    DRESS QUEEN

I used to be a mechanic. But I never underdressed. The shops I worked at, even the classy Ford dealer, none of them had much in the line of air conditioning. So with automotive fluids running up my sleeves mixing with sweat pouring out of my body I always felt that my clothes would have to be surgicaly removed. I can't treat my fem clothes that way.
    Remember: You are unique. Just like veryone else

I work in an automotive parts warehouse in Portland. I am full time now and on hormones. Everyone at work has been very courtious to me and I have not had any problems. I know that I am very lucky.

I was a mechanic through HS and college... now I'm just a coal miner!! lol But I work on my own cars...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    i wear pantyhose with shorts to work everyday,,and up till last sunday i had long hair,,i shaved it all off,,,,they know i wear pantyhose,,,(think its for circulation),,,im a semi retired auto-diesel mechanic and i work in a transmition shop in Phoenix

I don't own any other undergarments other then Victoria Secrets, I perfer the cotton blend type high cut. I trim my arms, shave by pits and legs, try to keep my nails long and trimed and most times my toe nails are painted, I do shave the back of my hands and I nair my back and stomach and yes I shave my chest. I do have short hair since the front has gotten to thin and to far back to do anytthing really nice with. My ears are pierced with diamond studs. Plus I'm known atwork for being a male bellydancer. I've been in the feild for over 30 years and I refer to my trade as being a master mechanic not a technician. Nowadays they call me "boss", I'm a shop foreman now and soon to be retired from that field and going into management in another field totaly different.

I wouldn't worry about what you wear under your clothes or the fact that you groom yourself a little more then the so called "regular guy". I knew a guy that wore gloves all the time and when asked about it he showed people the nicest hands ever and stated that the women liked his hands cause thay were so soft. Same with the bellydamcing, I'm in the back of a class full of women and there is a big wall length mirror in front of us; "think about it" I always tell them.

HUGS Sandra I've worked on a lot of things from lawnmowers to battle tanks.

Back when I did work on cars not as a job boy to keep then running but there is no more backyard Mechanics anymore.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    .......... But I work on my own cars...
    My cuts and burns are finally healing from doing the same,lol

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    Back when I did work on cars not as a job boy to keep then running but there is no more backyard Mechanics anymore.
    Angie
    Sure there are! But getting that darn grease under the fingernails sucks. I'm thinking that I'll have to go and get a french manicure to make my hands look ok again (just replaced the timing chain set in my Dakota yesterday).

I am an auto tech and have been wearing pantyhose under my work clothes for more than 20 years, I started wearing pantyhose when I worked at a big Oldsmobile dealer in 1987. I wear leggs sheer energy and it sure helps my legs from hurting when on the concrete floors all day. I have not worn any other fem clothing under my work clothes.

I own a repair shop in Bakersfield. I'm a one "man" gang so to speak, so no one checks to see if I shaved my arms, or plucked my brows. I just hate it when my hands are busted up and greasy.

I have been a GM tec for 16 years AKA Ms Good-Wench
    No I dont under dress at work,,, undies dont count since thats all I own
    Also Im a seasonal leg shaver ,,dont want to answer any questions from the guys when wearing work shorts

I wrenched at a couple different dealers back in Dayton, Ohio, plus I use to do repo's and towing on the side. I also worked in several body shops as a painter and I would wear painties, hose, stockings and garters all the time while I worked. I finally transitioned and ended up quiting the dealership about the same time. I have been working for myself for several years now but I would love to be able to get back into a shop again.
    HUGGS* Danielle near Nashville, Tennessee
    imDanielle2@AOL.com
    imDanielleNow@Yahoo.com

I worked in dealerships for 30 yrs--got tried of being dirty and sweaty. So now I have long nails and undress. Also fem earings daily.

I have been repairing my own older vehicles, since 1973, someitmes playing it by ear, learning as I explore. After some major jobs, I feel like a pinata, or through the mill. Many, many hours , days in junkyards. sometimes feel I've spent 10% of my life under, or working on my older cars, but, have saved thousands of dollars. Wouldn' think n of dressing doing it, but, I can understand some wearing support hose under pants, on long days.

I used to work at the service desk in a dealership. I didn't even have long hair back then (I didn't start growing it out until I left that job).

My one regret about that job is that on halloween, a guy that worked at the parts counter came fully dressed (and he was GOOD) but I never spoke to him about what we had in common. I'm sure now that he must have been one of us. His presentation was so good that even a few of the techs didn't know who it was for a few minutes when he first got to work in a smart business skirt suit, shear stockings, blond wig, heels, purse, long nails and full makeup.

I guess it was even better when he had to run out to do some parts deliveries. He said he had passed 100% at the garages he made deliveries to, with one even asking where 'the regular delivery guy' was

I wish now that I'd approached him... but I was MUCH deeper in the closet then.
    Last edited by Cristi; 09-25-2008 at 11:52 AM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein