Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing as Escapism

Dressing as Escapism

The stock market just took a nosedive, the world is crumbling around us...I need to put on a dress and heels! I don't know if anybody else feels this way, but the cares of the world seem to fade away when I transform myself into a woman, it's like a total escape from reality that takes the weight of the masculine world off my shoulders...am I the only one?

I totally agree with you on that one. There isn't anything that will help me forget all the problems in the world or just my life as a nice skirt, stockings, and heels. It is great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    I forget all about the election and how screwed up the world really is.

Its all how you look at life I guess... The market drop is not a bad thing.... It just makes for a buying opertunity since all my funds are parked waiting for the bottom.. And the worlds not ending any time soon soon... Gas prices are dropping which means more money for makeup!! Plus if women stop buying then the stores will start promoting sales and clearences which is great!!

So as your world crumbles I'm looking forward to making some big bucks and spending it on lots of pretty clothes!! Yeah!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

yea bonds took off today, believe me im dressed to escape.

I go along with Karren

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I also agree with Karen

We're a long way from the bottom! Just get ready like u would for a rollercoaster ride at the fair, and you'll be ok.

I'm very preoccupied all the time. Never mind the election and financial crises. I always have some of my own!
    As soon as I start getting out Sherry's things, nothing else enters my mind until she finishes her performance and leaves!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reality is what we make it Windy.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna Daniels View Post
    Reality is what we make it Windy.
    Smack on! I guess that's why it's such an escape for me, once I've transformed myself and start passing through the world as a woman it's like a whole different reality, one that I like so much better than my real world...

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

I guess I'm on the other end of the spectrum

Tina needs my full attention. When I'm pressed and life is a challenge I strive to rid myself of these pressures so that I can relax as Tina. Is she my reward for a calm time, for stability? Maybe, but I more think that it's when I'm calm and not pressured that I can turn my full attention to her, and I like that a lot.

So, no, I don't dress to escape, or feel that I've escaped when I dress. I've just moved to a different part of my life, and I don't want my male-part issues bothering her .

tina

A cami, mini skirt and heels are my key to another time and place.

So, like that character from MAD magazine says, 'What, me worry?'

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My world isn't chrashing down I don't listen to the main stream media and believe it.
    My stocks have taken a hit but they have always done it from time to time.
    Us and the world will be here for a long time don't worry too much.
    CDing for me is a way to be someone else for a while and forget about my normal life.

I turn the TV off anymore, and turn the CD in me on, its better viewing, lol

Seriously, yes this is gonna get a lot worse, wait till the credit card companies all start in, their next to fall and their gonna fall hard, and the housing will get worse, still to many ARM's adjusting in 09, expect alot more of the same. I played immersed in that game for years, glad I'm outta there, gonna get real ugly IMHO and from my knowledge of it over the years.

Karren may have missed it but a VP candidate (from PA, won't say who,lol) just said recently "we're not going to use clean coal", hope that doesn't affect her job.

Not by far hun I think most of us do the same thing.
    Angie

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    The stock market just took a nosedive, the world is crumbling around us...I need to put on a dress and heels! I don't know if anybody else feels this way, but the cares of the world seem to fade away when I transform myself into a woman, it's like a total escape from reality that takes the weight of the masculine world off my shoulders...am I the only one?
    No, you are not. Thats why I dress everyday/everynight. When I dress, its like I'm in my own little world, and no one else can come in. Thats why I'm not bothered with a girlfriend. I'm happy who I am, and my dresses are my blanket.They are comforting, and keep all troubles at bay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess_cd32 View Post
    Karren may have missed it but a VP candidate (from PA, won't say who,lol) just said recently "we're not going to use clean coal", hope that doesn't affect her job.
    There's a VP candidate from PA? I did miss that!! Lol. Let them turn off 55% of the power plants in the US... Better order your windmill now.. Ohh and a life time supply of candles.. Going to be damn hard to do makeup by candle light!! Hahaha.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Silver Member
    It is definitely fun, relaxing, and enjoyable for me to change and enter into the feminine world to experience the other side of life, but we all have to come back to reality - sometime.

escaping

I have found that over my life when things got stressful i found myself gettng the urge to dress and it did relieve the stress, good comment
    I do dress for other reasons too (i think)
    Janet

I agree with Karen Lets escape to out make up table and cute dresses
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Its the main reason for me to cd in the first place. I get to look at my fantasy girl in the mirror for a little while, and forget about everything else!!!

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar

Escapism and dreams

The quality of some of threads started as of late has been most excellent! I find it amazing how so many of them converge in my mind and explore things in the deepest recesses therein.

Yes, we live in a time that is, to understate, exciting. Between the economy, terrorism, and elections we alll have a lot on our minds. Its not only those of us in the US of A, of course, for only a fool would fail to realise that whatever happens in these 50 states has global impact. All in all its enough to make you wonder why more people are crossdressing as means of escape :-)

I know that after 9/11 I refused to watch any TV for several months because of the negativity and doom and gloom thrust upon us by the like of CNN and Fox.

In as much as I must crossdress, for I can no more be the girl that I am than a lion be a tree as I like to say, it is a means of escape. It becomes a chance to reconnect with my inner self.

I work for a large super-regional bank as computer programmer. Its a great company! Some of you in Pennsylvania will know of it. We are, thank God, fairly healthy and largely unaffected by the sub-prime mess. I learned long ago to leave things at the office. I learned that I needed my time to escape.

A very frequent thing for me was to travel to Canada, so that I could get in touch with my inner-Canadian. 18 months of that was spent doing weekends with the woman who became my wife -- a 3 1/2 drive each way -- and for the weekend I 'passed' as a Canadian as it were. Prior to that it was monthly trips to northern Ontario - places like Sudbury. I go to the mall and shop for girly things, walk around Canadian Tire, and just do Canadian things.

So part of my escapism, today, is to sit back and dream of that day when I'll be complete, I'll be a Canadian citizen, and will have pledged my allegiance to Queen and country.

Ah -- so what does this have to do with crossdressing (I do go on sometimes, don't I). well, its been fairly easy to 'pass' as a Canadian. Passing as a girl is a different thing though. I realised long ago that I'll probably never look like the girl of my dreams. She's there in my mind. I actually found a picture on the web of who I wish I looked like as a girl (see below). BUT -- this is where the escape comes in. When I escape via my crossdressing, in my mind, in the confines of my home, I am that girl, she is who I look like. Being able to do this, and be doing just totally normal mundane things around the house, having my wife tell me that I look nice, and even her noticing that a calmness and a happiness comes upon me, well, that is the greatest thing in the world. Perhaps I live in a dream world. But without my dreams and hopes I would die

Now if I could just combine it all and be doing this in the land that I love, then my escape would be complete

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Yes, I think Escapism is ONE of The Motivators in Crossdressing. Because of The Stupidity which has created/prolonged/and will continue to aggravate the current financial crisis; I would imagine that future tense, a lot more of us will be dressing up at increasing levels!

But there is some hope, we also have to apply good sense and look for investment opportunities during the bad times. If a lot more of us are dressing up, it probably means we will be buying additional clothing and the associated accessories. So, that might mean that we should be investing in Company's like the big retailers or cosmetic firms or even wig stores!.

The only problem is that we all might be so poor, with no credit and no resources, that the desire to buy might not be a doable option. As an alternative to retailers, we would have to figure out a way to invest in the local Thrift Store. Hmmm, I wonder if The Hospice Store will encourage a public offering!

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 09-30-2008 at 08:02 PM.

It is what it is
    It's true that some people resort to drugs or alcohol to escape reality; my narcotic of choice is silk and heels

I have a lot of time on my hands at work, and such burn that excess time by browsing the net. The level of FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) is just suffocating... the negativity, the bickering, the attitudes of people towards one another, it has a dramatic affect on my mood. I wish my job were more involving so that I DIDN'T need to resort to the internet to occupy my time, because when I am at home, detached from the net, I feel better, less stressed (I usually don't browse my usual sites at home, only the ones that would get me in trouble ).

So yeah, the world is gloomy. Dressing is great

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    There's a VP candidate from PA? I did miss that!! Lol. Let them turn off 55% of the power plants in the US... Better order your windmill now.. Ohh and a life time supply of candles.. Going to be damn hard to do makeup by candle light!! Hahaha.
    Karren, women made up by candle light for a long time before electricity, I guess if I have to I can do it too!
    Tina B.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Its all how you look at life I guess... The market drop is not a bad thing.... It just makes for a buying opertunity since all my funds are parked waiting for the bottom.. And the worlds not ending any time soon soon... Gas prices are dropping which means more money for makeup!! Plus if women stop buying then the stores will start promoting sales and clearences which is great!!

So as your world crumbles I'm looking forward to making some big bucks and spending it on lots of pretty clothes!! Yeah!!

They say to buy when there is "blood in the streets". My rule is that when they start talking financial doom and gloom on crossdressing forums it's time to start buying stocks. I had some great fun this week watching our "leaders" run around screaming like a bunch of little girls who had just seen a spider. My Charles Mackay quote down below was meant for days like yesterday. If we're not past the bottom, we're close enough to start drizzling in some $$. Valuations are mildly attractive here. That hasn't been true since the mid-90s. If it goes down more, that's even better.
    Last edited by LilSissyStevie; 09-30-2008 at 10:28 PM.