Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camping & Dressing ?

Camping & Dressing ?

Me and my SO just got a new camper and love camping . My SO is very supportive and suggested that maybe sometime I could dress at the campground. I like the idea of dressing any chance I get , But , sitting around the campfire in a dress and heels I'm not so sure...So I was wondering if any body else has ever camped and dressed ?
    Courtney

I don't like camping myself (I like my creature comforts). I do think that it would be great though, people always seem more welcoming in the campgrounds (mountain/sea air?) and I've shown up in some pretty horrendous stuff...so if you went out all pretty and gorgeous I'm sure you'll knock them dead
    “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

-Dr.Seuss

I dress, and I camp, but have never thought about mixing the two! I guess a cute pair of jeans, and a nice tee might work, but dress and heels just seems wrong. maybe a pair of earrings made of fishing lures might look good.
    But be warned I have meet a lot of rednecks in camp grounds!
    Tina B.

Last time I camped it was at Camp David....talk about some rednecks...But jeans and a nice tee would look perfect
    “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

-Dr.Seuss

jbirds
    i would say not to get to fancy at the campsite, yo wouldnt want to ruin any of your heels

I was traveling en femme last summer. Before dinner, I had to find a camp ground. After finding one, it was still bright daylight, I started putting up my tent, wearing high heels, a blue pleated mini skirt and a blouse. When working in the tent, someone called me, it was the camp ground owner, an older man around 70 years. He didn't say much, except telling me where the ladies rooms were, and also where the mens rooms are located....

I have camped for many years but not for the last few.
    Jeans and tee would let you fit in and not stand out.

Anything outdoors opens up a whole range of great opportunities to "dress". Check out places like LLBean, Sierra Trading Post, etc and look at all the cool women's outdoor clothes. In addition, lots of it can be worn all the time without attracting too much attention. I wear women's "hiking pants" ,an LLBean jacket,women's hiking shoes etc.regularly in drab mode and no one notices.
    A cool top, pants, low wedge shoes and maybe a girls hat and of course the most feminine panties, Cami and bra you can find will look great at any campground !! Roast us all a marshmallow and let us know how it goes.

Aspiring Member
    I was on vacation last March for a month and Was Denise 24/7 the whole time i was away.

When away, i have a 30 ft travel trailer that i take with me, so was utilizing campgrounds the whole time.

I was very well accepted as a lady, with no negative comments at all.

One compliment i did get, was from one of the men there. Had to back up quite a ways to get into the campsite, and after I got in, he commented that it was great to be able to see a Lady handle a trailer like that.

The big thing when you are camping is dont over dress, and dress to fit in with the group that is there. Wear either slacks, a skort or something like a denim skirt that you see ladies wearing in campsites.

Go have a good time, and just act like it is what you have been doing all your life, and blend in with the crowd

You will love it

Denise

Camping and dressing, my two favourite things, but it's rare I get to do both at the same time. My wife and I just spent two weeks in BC's Cariboo region and stayed at a few forestry campsites. These types of campsites have no facilities other than outhouses and picnic tables and are not patrolled. I brought a few girly tops, some capris, my women's sandals and of course some pretty underthings and was all set to relax and just be me. The second day we were there a group of hunters set up camp not far from us and my plan went by the wayside. But if it wasn't for them it would have been difficult anyway as the lake we were at was very popular with people coming to fish for the day.

But I can't complain, I dress all the time at home anyway and this was as much my wife's vacation as it was mine and it really didn't bother me that I couldn't dress. Besides, the fishing was great and I landed several nice rainbow trout. But the best part was we paddled for miles and miles doing what we like to do and were lucky enough to watch an osprey swoop down and catch a fish not far from us. To me that made the trip!
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

We have a pop-up camper and camp a lot! I love camping and I love to dress but the two together? Firstly... The wife would probably drive a tent stake through my heart while I'm sleeping... Then there's the bugs and spiders and misquitos which are very attracted to perfume and the scent of makeup... And the dampness...

I'll pass.. Camping is fun and dressing is fun but the combination may not be twice as fun or even as fun as each one individually.. In my humble opinion.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Oh yes -- I could go for that. A pair of cute girls shorts and t-shirt, and girls tennies and socks with those fuzzy balls on the pack at the heel.

And one day I will.

In fact, I wrote two stories about such a setting. So, if anyone is interested, here's a link to one of them. It's called Portrait of a Leg End:

http://www.fmstories.com/stories/tvhtml/amy4.htm

WARNING: There's just a wee bit of naughty stuff in it (actually not much at all), and female to male crossdressing is a big part of the storyline.

BTW -- There are more parts to the story, so if you want to read the whole series, PM me and I'll sent the links. OH -- and its a true story, but it never really happened

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Dutch girl in Switzerland aka.laura's Avatar
    I love to dress and I love to camp. But walking 'round the campsite in heels? ... it just doesn't work ;o) Inside the caravan it's no prob and sitting outside, having a drink is cool. Just a question of getting things organized I think ;o)))
    Guys are better with makeup. They know what they like on a girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, Jean and I camp. And yes, I do dress while doing so. I will wear a very casual skirt and top with wedges, or a plane knock around dress. I'm sure that there have been timesd that I was probably the only one at the grounds that was wearing a skirt or dress.
    But, SO WHAT!

BTW, our camping is done in a motorhome.

You could make it alot of fun esp the two of you
    I just never tried it...not a camping girl
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Do it every summer at the Rainbow Gathering. But I never wear heels.

I went backpacking in Big Bend National Park a couple of years back, and I was pretty well in the back country so I said what the heck. I had on a nice teddie under my girl shorts and blouse with hiking boots and a pink day pack. I never realy saw anybody but I still felt wonderful just to get out dressed, even if it was casual. And at the time my real hair was almost to my waist so even if I was seen I don't think anyone would have said anything. Oh and by the way I do carry when I go backpacking wether in girl or boy mode. Just because I'm by myself.
    Striving for acceptance.

Silver Member
    I used to go camping in the wilderness areas of northern Wisconsin. I would do this alone and I loved the fact that I could escape from the daily grind of working and a living arrangement that I was not happy with. It was during these campouts that I was free to be myself and have quiet times alone to reflect on where I was with my life and where I was going with it. The places I camped at were extremely remote. Imagine being 30 miles away from any other other person and hearing only the sounds of nature. Can you also imagine what the night sky looks like in such a place? It is absolutely beautifull! I think everyone should experience this at least once in thier life. It has been eight years since I have done this and I want to do it again soon. I retired 10 months ago and now I have the time to travel all I want so I am going to start doing it again. I do not care for crowded campgrounds that are noisy and are filled with strangers that are close to me. I do not consider myself a 'loner' but I do believe that having time alone is essential to being able to discover who we are and where we are in our life.

Smile

We have a 5th wheel camper and go camping often. I have always wanted to try dressing while out camping but never got up the nerve enough to try it. I am sure that the attire should be casual jeans or shorts and flats and try to blend in as much as possible.

Would be fun to start a Crossdressers camping club and set up get togethers with others. If we got enough of us together we could pretty much take over a small campground somewhere and have the whole place to ourselves. If anyone manages to arrange this please let me know!!!

old clothes and flat shoes best 4 camping wearing heels you break your neck huh

Like some others here, I love camping, but I just can't imagine doing it en femme. Out in the bush with the flies and the dirt is not the time that I feel the most feminine. I mean, even when women go camping, they don't usually do it in dresses and heels.

Crystal

Sure I go camping and I do dress. Keep in mind that we only stay in an organized campground with our air-conditioned camper. There is no cave woman style camping for us. Sorry, I digressed.

As for clothes, I wear what any logically thinking person (male or female) might wear. Specifically, I wear comfortable clothes suitable for the season and or setting. Heels and other formal styles might be just a tad over the top. Oh well, here is to what ever floats your boat.

Babette

Denise:

Some time ago I started a thread called crossdressing rver's. I Got a lot of response. So, maybe this is somethnig we should persue. How about a web site called crossdressing rver's, or campers. My wife and I have a 28' rv trailer and we go whenever we can get away. I would love to take over a campground with crossdressers. I like to get set up in drab and then get cleaned up and dressed.

Steph

If I were going to dress at the camp site, I would wear tight cut off jeans with white lace around the legs and open toed sandles and ...

I need some help here

I've done it alone a few times but just shorts and tanks, it was a thrill at the
    the time close as I've ever come to being out in public.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.